Periera vs Jiri 2 interesting takeaway

MetaIIica

Orange Belt
@Orange
Reaction score
Periera landed 1 punch the entire first round, and only landed punches during the finishing segment of the 2nd round, Periera mainly hit Jiri with leg kicks. If Jiri can pressure Periera while avoiding leg kicks it could be a very interesting rematch

Periera landed 1 punch the entire first round, and only landed punches during the finishing segment of the 2nd round, Periera mainly hit Jiri with leg kicks. If Jiri can pressure Periera while avoiding leg kicks it could be a very interesting rematch
Jiri doesn't avoid strikes, he embraces them to build his ultra meter.

All these other guys are MMA fighting, Jiri is playing street fighter 4

I think there are only two ways Alex does not land those kicks:

1. Alex is on his back
  2. Someone checks a kick so effectively Alex can no longer throw them.
Alex can hit those kicks in close and at distance. He is just that good.

Just coming forward at Alex is suicide unless it ends in a takedown or dominant clinch. It's unlikely that Jiri is going to change his gameplan to do either.

Jiri gonna Jiri and will be plenty dangerous,,, But I expect Alex to handle that because his game is evolving even at his age.

c6VrFo.gif

Must suck to be the technical/responsible guy but still get KO'd because of a power/chin disadvantage.

Rakic experienced what Devin Haney experienced against Ryan Garcia.
Although I don't think they had the same effect, Jiri was clearly compromised by Alex's lowkicks but he didnt really look so against Rakic.

Last edited:
I think Jiri earlier in his UFC run was a little unlucky not to finish Volkan and Reyes sooner, he landed a ton on them but he basically needed the touch of death to land to actually finish, Rakic I think went like those fights could potentially have.

He just pressured Rakic and ate 48 calf kicks

It doesn't seem like he will be adapting

And his defense is just as bad, he is what he is. Imo he isn't an appealing matchup for Pereira without drastically changing his fighting style.

Back