Permantly living in Brazil: Want to know the truth?

missioncontrol

Purple Belt
Reaction score
I have contemplated posting some updates as I am not here training for a few months, I am a transplant living in the mecca of jiu jitsu. Training at the top academy in Brasil and living the life, I am happy to answer questions honestly about life down here as well as training. If interested just let me know, I will post more if you all want to here.

Of course people are interested. Ppl talk about Brazil all the time here.

what are you doing for income?

Gerbil makes very good stories about his stay in Brasil.

I am sure people will like reading some of your stories as well.

To answer the questions so far:

1. I am married to a Brazilian women, we met down here, she came with me to the USA and now we came back as we have a daughter and I want her to know half her culture. I also love Brazil and if you have not realized the economy is blowing up down here, not like the USA, no bubbles, just production and real economic strength.

2. I am an importer and exporter, I have a cool job that I work from 3am-10am, the rest of the day I can train, relax, and do the normal stuff.

3. I live here for good, not here for a few months. Being that I am married and have a child, I am working on my dual citizenship.

Keep up the questions, and if you have questions or rumors you want dispelled, let me know.

1. I am married to a Brazilian women, we met down here, she came with me to the USA and now we came back as we have a daughter and I want her to know half her culture. I also love Brazil and if you have not realized the economy is blowing up down here, not like the USA, no bubbles, just production and real economic strength.

2. I am an importer and exporter, I have a cool job that I work from 3am-10am, the rest of the day I can train, relax, and do the normal stuff.

3. I live here for good, not here for a few months. Being that I am married and have a child, I am working on my dual citizenship.

Keep up the questions, and if you have questions or rumors you want dispelled, let me know.

Well I surmised from your original post that you had a job there. Good you are either working for an import/export business and/or own your own import/export business.

I am a bond trader here in the US so yeah I am in the financial markets.

I would like to say yea things are blowing up but I wouldnt say Brasil is out of the woods or isnt in a bubble. This especially is true WHEN China has their gigantic bubble collapse and stops buying raw materials/commodities from Brasil which is what is financing most of that boom you are seeing, also which I am sure you are well aware of.

We should talk by PM. I have been looking for business opportunities in Brasil. Specifically because i want to move out of bonds and into Commodities/Currencies.

are you art vandelay?

FYI: I am not living in the war zone of Rio, I live in the big city of Sao Paulo, great place and plenty of amazing beaches within less then an hour. Most people think Brazil is Rio, that is hardly true, and the quality of life in RIO sucks IMO.

Well I surmised from your original post that you had a job there. Good you are either working for an import/export business and/or own your own import/export business.

I am a bond trader here in the US so yeah I am in the financial markets.

I would like to say yea things are blowing up but I wouldnt say Brasil is out of the woods or isnt in a bubble. This especially is true WHEN China has their gigantic bubble collapse and stops buying raw materials/commodities from Brasil which is what is financing most of that boom you are seeing, also which I am sure you are well aware of.

We should talk by PM. I have been looking for business opportunities in Brasil. Specifically because i want to move out of bonds and into Commodities/Currencies.
I run a company down here, it took me about a month to get it going, running a business down here is much easier then the USA. The wages are less, the margins are higher, and you can't put a price tag on the quality of life. Imagine living in Manhatten but paying Omaha Nebraska prices.

I have a couple of questions if you dont mind.

1. Where are you training? I asked because my academys assistant instructor (who was just awarded his black belt) is leaving for an indef. stay in Sao Paulo.

2. How can I get a job with you, or like yours down there? Im a teacher..and to tell you the truth I hate it right now. The Kids are cool, but the stress and the pay is f-- I have told my wife many a time that if the chance to live in Brazil and train and work (even if it isnt lavish) came up, I would take it. Son and and all.

3Have a couple more questions, they just slipped my mind, I'll ask later.

I have a couple of questions if you dont mind.

1. Where are you training? I asked because my academys assistant instructor (who was just awarded his black belt) is leaving for an indef. stay in Sao Paulo.

2. How can I get a job with you, or like yours down there? Im a teacher..and to tell you the truth I hate it right now. The Kids are cool, but the stress and the pay is f-- I have told my wife many a time that if the chance to live in Brazil and train and work (even if it isnt lavish) came up, I would take it. Son and and all.

3Have a couple more questions, they just slipped my mind, I'll ask later.

1. I train at the best academy in Brazil, Team Alliance under Fabio Gurgel. The classes are fucking amazing and this guy trains 18x per week. I have upped my game big time, not because of super secret moves, just the way training is done.

2. I am always hiring, but the fact of the matter is I need a few good helpers in the USA, but what are you plans on coming down here? Is your goal to move here or stay where your at and have a good excuse to come down here and work a little and have tons of fun?

1. I train at the best academy in Brazil, Team Alliance under Fabio Gurgel. The classes are fucking amazing and this guy trains 18x per week. I have upped my game big time, not because of super secret moves, just the way training is done.

2. I am always hiring, but the fact of the matter is I need a few good helpers in the USA, but what are you plans on coming down here? Is your goal to move here or stay where your at and have a good excuse to come down here and work a little and have tons of fun?

How did you learn how to speak Portuguese? About how long did it take to become proficient?

How did you learn how to speak Portuguese? About how long did it take to become proficient?
I have been speaking Portugues for about 5 years, the basics come in about 4-6 months, the problem is do you want to speak like a foreigner or like a local? By no means am I perfect, but I should be 100% in the next 6 months.

Most nicer places speak English, but don't try speaking Spanish here, nobody knows it. The first time I came here I spoke not one word, and had the time of my life, as I didn't know better, the more you speak, the less you can get away with stupid shit if you catch my drift.

The problem with speaking just a bit is then people assume you understand what they are saying, this is were it gets a little tricky.

It would be for a change of scenary..of course it wouldnt be untill the summer time that I truly decide this.. Orf course I would want to visit the country before even attempting a permanent move but,I wanna go to train and work..not ness. to party and have have fun..although the women would be miiiiighty tempting.

It would be for a change of scenary..of course it wouldnt be untill the summer time that I truly decide this.. Orf course I would want to visit the country before even attempting a permanent move but,I wanna go to train and work..not ness. to party and have have fun..although the women would be miiiiighty tempting.
Come down for two weeks, you will never want to come back.

Back