Pet costs

- Owning cats costs most expensive here in Brasil. Quality cat food is more expensive. So does any visit at the pet!

Same with dogs, even worse. Plus the pet stors/vets are notorious scammers.

Yeah I give ours tuna as a treat if we have fish, sodium wise it isn't too good for them so it's just an every now and again thing and only a little bit.

Of course that won't stop them from assuming every can is tuna for them.

For 2 dogs I spend roughly $270/month
2 bags of food- $120
Wellness plan- $90(45 each)
Flea/tick/HW prevention- $60(30 each)
That's roughly $9/day
How the F are kittens costing almost double that?

Edit, that number goes up if I factored in the $5k surgery for my Lassie dogs leg...
Wellness plan? I don t even get that myself.

Cats are great rodent control for barns, and are also $0 per day.
That's actually what their true purpose is. Hanging around in people's houses being petted and fed tin food isn't.

Pets, of adequately cared for, cost a lot of money. Sixteen dollars a day sounds about right for multiple cats.
My pets cost a lot of money to care for. But I buy them the best food. And I take them to the vet regularly for checkups, and even more if something is wrong.

Years back, my cat got cancer. I loved him so much that I paid thousands upon thousands of dollars for a surgery that just bought him one more year of life. I would have spent more if he had needed it. But it’s a cancer that is always 100% fatal in cats unless they happen to get it somewhere you can amputate, which I was never going to do to him even if it was.

Yeah, stay away from the cheap clay shit. I had a seven year old cat die because it (at least I'm pretty sure that could be the reason). Typical male cate urethra blockage that caused his bladder to swell up to the size of a baseball. By the time I got him to the vet, it was too late.

And the silicone or what ever too.
It has small particle in it and the cats can breath it in. I am pretty sure it killed my cat at 4.5 years old.

Now I use 100% bio degradable that you can flush in the toilet.

There's two of them if you missed the OP. And why am I retarded for feeding my kittens good healthy food? How much do you spend on yours?

I feed my cat healthy food and $16 a day still seems excessive.

I feed my Scottish fold Dr. Elseys dry food and 1 can of wet per day.

The cat milk is just a treat and not necessary.

I use this website to get the health content of different brands.

I feed my cat healthy food and $16 a day still seems excessive.

I feed my Scottish fold Dr. Elseys dry food and 1 can of wet per day.

The cat milk is just a treat and not necessary.

I use this website to get the health content of different brands.

It's for both of them per day not just one kitten. They get the Wiskas cat milk once a day and not like water. I know the cat who died with urine issues was due to dried food but these two don't really like it too much unless we put it down once every now and again. Thank you for the link :)

After poo bum swallowing more of my hair and her poo coming out of her attached the new words in the house are "show me yer bum" after she's been in the litter tray before she sits on anything and we have another sofa Saturday Catastrophe.

It's for both of them per day not just one kitten. They get the Wiskas cat milk once a day and not like water. I know the cat who died with urine issues was due to dried food but these two don't really like it too much unless we put it down once every now and again. Thank you for the link :)

After poo bum swallowing more of my hair and her poo coming out of her attached the new words in the house are "show me yer bum" after she's been in the litter tray before she sits on anything and we have another sofa Saturday Catastrophe.

Yea generally wet food is better than dry food. Only reason I have dry food is that my cat is a grazer and wet food that has been sitting out, she won't touch. You can leave dry food out while I go to work.

I recommend a cat fountain. A lot of cats don't drink enough water causing health problems and often a bowl of water will be ignored. Especially when it gets stagnant. A cat fountain solves that problem and encourages drinking more water. Also easier than constantly replenishing a water bowl.

Yea generally wet food is better than dry food. Only reason I have dry food is that my cat is a grazer and wet food that has been sitting out, she won't touch. You can leave dry food out while I go to work.

I recommend a cat fountain. A lot of cats don't drink enough water causing health problems and often a bowl of water will be ignored. Especially when it gets stagnant. A cat fountain solves that problem and encourages drinking more water. Also easier than constantly replenishing a water bowl.
I bought a cat fountain when I was worried they weren't getting enough water, they use it but I'm kind of silently championing them when they do. The amount of wet food they eat, one of the carers at the shelter said they're doing okay but still good to have them hydrated.

Back