Petr Yan vs O'malley Revisited

Paolo Delutis

Gold Belt
@Gold
Reaction score
First of all this fight isnt a robbery, this was a very competitive fight .

Just rewatched it and scored it , split was the right call however i had it for Yan.

Heres my scorecards and reasoning for each

Rnd 1- O'Malley- Was busier, landed alot , Yan too passive

Rnd 2- Yan- Landed the biggest shot after being hurt himself then proceeded to out grapple O'malley , with the rules being striking first then grappling effectiveness..they both hurt each other so its even moving onto grappling Yan clearly won that .

Rnd 3- Hardest round to call gave it to Yan- Although O'malley landed a very damaging shot that cut Yan and almost swayed me to give to him, overall Yan had more moments with larger impacting shots throughout the round Mixed in with the takedowns and ending the fight raining down blows made it a much more complete round for Yan.

29-28 Yan was the right call IMO but that cut could of swayed the judges ...i aint mad O'malley won i see the argument for him winning.. it was split as it should of been.

Post your scorecards

For reference
Ffsu5UCVsAAgdu0.jpg:large

Last edited:
It was one of those fights that was close all round but also should have had an obvious 2-1 winner in Yan.

Round 3 was very tight...i struggled most with this round...the others weren't as hard honestly

Round 1 was close upon rewatch but I scored it Yan

Round 2 was undoubtedly Yan

Round 3 I scored for O Malley he landed the heavier shots plus cut Yan open winning on the damage criteria.

If O Malley gets taken down it’s gonna be a long night for him or short one he might get subbed

If Aljo doesn’t get any takedowns it’s also a long night at the office or it might be quick because Sean could probably ko him

I thought I might have just been overreacting to what seemed like a complete robbery at the time and I kept hearing people say “the first round was very close it could have gone either way” then the ufc releases the fight for free and I decide okay I’ll rewatch and I’ll probably come away thinking the same but nah I still think it was the wrong decision, robbery I don’t know it was close but I thought it was a close but clear yan win

Round 1 was close upon rewatch but I scored it Yan

Round 2 was undoubtedly Yan

Round 3 I scored for O Malley he landed the heavier shots plus cut Yan open winning on the damage criteria.

If O Malley gets taken down it’s gonna be a long night for him or short one he might get subbed

If Aljo doesn’t get any takedowns it’s also a long night at the office or it might be quick because Sean could probably ko him

Interesting take but same result...

3rd was the hardest for me to score for sure

It was a very close fight, I have no problem with the split. I personally had it 29-28 for Sean, scored rounds 1 and 3 for him.

Anyone calling this a robbery is part of that BW moment where Yan was the new darling of the division and everyone hated on Sean cause he's Sean.

I don't think TS actually watched the fight if he thinks this wasn't a robbery. That or he's simply stirring the pot.

Lol i literally posted the fight...but i didnt watch it?

I also gave breakdowns for why i scored it the way i did .

Please do the same and lets compare

Otherwise you are the one stirring the pot..

First of all this fight isnt a robbery, this was a very competitive fight .

Just rewatched it and scored it , split was the right call however i had it for Yan.

Heres my scorecards and reasoning for each

Rnd 1- O'Malley- Was busier, landed alot , Yan too passive

Rnd 2- Yan- Landed the biggest shot after being hurt himself then proceeded to out grapple O'malley , with the rules being striking first then grappling effectiveness..they both hurt each other so its even moving onto grappling Yan clearly won that .

Rnd 3- Hardest round to call gave it to Yan- Although O'malley landed a very damaging shot that cut Yan and almost swayed me to give to him, overall Yan had more moments with larger impacting shots throughout the round Mixed in with the takedowns and ending the fight raining down blows made it a much more complete round for Yan.

29-28 Yan was the right call IMO but that cut could of swayed the judges ...i aint mad O'malley won i see the argument for him winning.. it was split as it should of been.

Post your scorecards

For reference.

how is a split the right call? That’s literally the most bizarre thing you can say lol if it’s a close fight just say it’s a close fight, saying the judges should’ve split on it makes you seem a bit mental. Btw I had Yan 29-28

Dana should have given it another Omalley vs Yan 2. Dana decides and it wouldn;t be surprising if Sean win against Aljo as well.

how is a split the right call? That’s literally the most bizarre thing you can say lol if it’s a close fight just say it’s a close fight, saying the judges should’ve split on it makes you seem a bit mental. Btw I had Yan 29-28

No im saying the fight is extremely close...and it being split represents that accurately...

It came down to the third for me , which was a round i was extremely spilt on myself when deciding..

Spilt decisions exist for fights like this ... That result speaks to the closeness of the competition , had it been unanimous i don't think it would accurately portray the fight as i can see an argument for both guys winning round 3...

Lol i literally posted the fight...but i didnt watch it?

I also gave breakdowns for why i scored it the way i did .

Please do the same and lets compare

Otherwise you are the one stirring the pot..

It's ok.....like I said, he's part of the mob that was all over Yan as the future BW goat and hated on Sean for just being Sean.

Anyone who calls this fight a robbery has a personal bias here. Scoring it for either guy is fair, but no robbery.

No thanks. Yan let down america

Back