Petr Yan - where does he go from here?

Dayum!
Seppuku ... the warrior art of taking one's own life, via personal disembowelment.

FACTS: Yan once had the BW world at his knees, he was the Champion — and yet he squandered it all to a metrosexual actor (actress) in Aljamain Sterling ... Twice ...

After this utter humiliation, Yan then lost once again, this time to Sterling's "boyfriend," Merab Dvalishvili :oops:

You remember? ~ the "highly-active grappler" (who doesn't really do shit else ... besides nullify strikers) ... who then pledges "never to fight Aljo" ... as it might disrupt their secret "relations" ???

Anyway, with this repeated, utter humiliation ... and Yan's missed opportunity to BE THE MAN ... there is no other recourse for him at this point, aside from Seppuku.
Lets get him a win and another crack at Sean first.

But he has a shitty attitude lol like he just got out of prison.
You would too if you grew up in fuckin siberia,and bounced clubs at 5 ft 7

Dude probably had to eject actual polar bears from the premises.

He has lost 4 of his past 5; he may be a loss away from being cut. Needs to change of camps asap. He is only 30 and is a talented striker, he could get back on top with the right camp.
If he gets cut he should go to the pfl and probably retire undefeated there banking a few mil

I've gotten so much shit when I said he was overrated after his first fight with Aljo. People made him up to be some kind of world beater. His losing streak vindicates me. He's still pretty good though. And he's not overrated anymore I guess.

No game plan at all- needs completely new coaching staff but probably wont - his loss to Sean was questionable, his last fight not so much

He’s 1-4 last 5 fights
“I know I should. I should try to modernize my training camp in some way, my coaching team,” he said. “Change something, implement something new, correct some things. I’ll try to make that happen so you can see some changes in the future.”

So in other words , he’s doing the same shit and going to get the same results

Loyalty only goes so far in MMA imo

Tiger Muay Thai seem to be able to get people to the top 10, but outside of Valentina, none of their very talented, very tough male fighters have quite cut it at the very top.

Petr Pan still has time on his side, but I agree: needs a new camp.

And yeah, yeah, I know about ATT, but he's still a TMT guy.

I always thought this guy should be a flyweight, he is tiny. He should try it, get a top contender fight and get himself fast tracked to a title shot, I bet there's a bunch of guys at 125 bigger than him

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
africancelary
Back