Pettis just beat a guy who has never been finished by strikes

lets not get carried away, he looked awful before he lucky shot landed.
No he didn't. Wonderboy was definitely getting the better of him with his hands but make no mistake about it, Pettis' kicks were extremely important to his victory last night.

He looked pretty good standing with a guy who makes everyone look terrible if they stand with him. This is the same guy who KTFO'ed the current MW champ.

Pettis is capable of beating ANYONE, but he is also capable of losing to anyone in the Top 10

His style means he will always be a streaky fighter

He is good for the sport

I'm one of wonderboy's biggest fans but it looks like all that mileage on his chin has added up.
Why does everyone keep saying this?

Once again, he caught caught by a punch he never expected or saw coming at the same time he was resetting his stance to come forward again and brought his feet together and Pettis had all his weight behind the shot. Under these same circumstances a flyweight would have KOed him, it was the perfect storm and beautiful timing by Anthony but in no way indicates WB chin is shot.

I’ve always had faith in my dude Pettis! Tonight was amazing! My favorite fighter got the biggest/most brutal win of his career and I won $350 on a parlay!

Pettis is capable of beating ANYONE, but he is also capable of losing to anyone in the Top 10

His style means he will always be a streaky fighter

He is good for the sport
just checked his record and he has more bonuses that i thought. its def paying off

Not so much power as it was timing great comeback knockout

No he didn't. Wonderboy was definitely getting the better of him with his hands but make no mistake about it, Pettis' kicks were extremely important to his victory last night.

How? Wonderboy didn't look too bothered at all. hes a kickboxer, pretty sure hes used to getting kicked a lot harder than that..

This is why Pettis is "Showtime"
He can finish anyone at anytime. Look at how he beat Cerrone and Benson Henderson now add Thompson to that list. Pettis destroys other strikers but struggles with wrestlers like RDA

This is why Pettis is "Showtime"
He can finish anyone at anytime. Look at how he beat Cerrone and Benson Henderson now add Thompson to that list. Pettis destroys other strikers but struggles with wrestlers like RDA

Very talented one move exploder, but his overall fighting level is so so.

Stephen Thompson officially entered Lyoto Machida terrtory after the Till fight, he never evolved after people found out they are just going to bring the heat to him rather than weight for him to pick them off with counters.

Pettis is underrated. He is still one of the best strikers in the UFC

I don't agree, I think his boxing is pretty underwhelming and he's got some quick flashy kicks.... he's just very good at timing things. He even explained it after the fight. Felt like Thompsons arms were so long he had no choice but to try and pull out a timed shot.

How? Wonderboy didn't look too bothered at all. hes a kickboxer, pretty sure hes used to getting kicked a lot harder than that..
He visibly wasn't as fluid on the feet near the end of round 2 as he was at the start of the fight. Pettis' kicks were definitely doing damage.

I don't think WB respected Pettis in regards to his KO ability at 170Ib and probably felt safer than he should, that and the leg kicks........

Back