Pettis vs. Dos Anjos-Striking analysis video podcast, The Clinch #15

I really like the video format. Even if I am running it in the background, it shifts perspective and makes it more interesting.

I haven't followed you guys or listened to a full episode before this. I feel perhaps the lenght threw me off. I have to say though, very good stuff.

Seeing this after the fight only lends credibilty to your work. Good analysis and understanding. I'm surprised. Once again it's proof that you shouldn't judge a book by it's cover. What are your backgrounds in MA/MMA? That being said, while I definitely feel the video format is a improvement, you should think about ways to sharpen up production and perhaps introduce other variables. The posters before me had some good suggestions that might work.

Personality wise you guys seem slightly introvert. I personally like it and find it endearing and I don't think you should strive to change that. Obviously confidence will grow simultaniously with the product, but I think you could carve out a nice niche with your style. Good content and I enjoy the thoughtful discussions!

Good luck guys and keep it up!

Thank you Sano1. We really appreciate your feedback and the compliment. Yes, in the future, we plan to make our video podcasts shorter and tighter. We can definitely think of ways to improve the production of the show in terms of the look and sound. In terms of adding a variable, we plan to physically demonstrate certain techniques we discuss on the show to maximize the visual element. I agree that as we record more video podcasts, we'll become more comfortable and viewers will see our chemistry even more. As far as our martial arts experience goes, here is a response from each of us:

Jimin: I am a Stony Brook University student who has been training kickboxing with the Stony Brook Kickboxing Club for a year and a half now. In the club, we spar and run striking drills with our members who come from diverse disciplines including MMA, muay thai, karate and boxing. At heart, I am a die-hard fan of combat sports, especially stand-up martial arts. If you would like to know more about us, please feel free to listen to our first podcast episode here where we introduce ourselves. As always, we're open to more of your feedback. Thank you for checking out our show!

Rico: I am also a Stony Brook University student who trains kickboxing with the Stony Brook Kickboxing Club. I have been training martial arts for a bit longer. I have trained in muay thai for three years. I have formally trained muay thai and Brazilian jiu-jitsu to a lesser extent at International Training Center in Astoria, Queens. Because I attend a school that is far from my gym, I train with the Stony Brook Kickboxing Club. Although I dedicate more of my time to striking, I am a passionate fan of combat sports with an equal amount of love for striking and grappling. Thank you for your reply and tune in again!

Back