PBP PFL 2: 2024 Regular Season, Fri. 4/12, 6:30 PM ET/3:30 PM PT PBP Discussion Thread

Apparently they were doing buy 2 get 2 free tickets for this event. That is very concerning.

It was a fun night of fights in vegas, ended up being a very decent PFLator fight. Ended up sitting about 5 rows out from the main cage. Venue was small and intimate but fun.

EDIT: also got a poster signed by Impa for free so thats kinda cool. They are better about giving things away than the UFC is, although that might not be a good thing.

It was a fun night of fights in vegas, ended up being a very decent PFLator fight. Ended up sitting about 5 rows out from the main cage. Venue was small and intimate but fun.

EDIT: also got a poster signed by Impa for free so thats kinda cool. They are better about giving things away than the UFC is, although that might not be a good thing.
How was the attendance? Just asking since Dana went on his rant post event

Also was the 2 for 2 deal a thing? Dana is a proven liar but I know they did promos in the past

How was the attendance? Just asking since Dana went on his rant post event

Also was the 2 for 2 deal a thing? Dana is a proven liar but I know they did promos in the past
the 2 for 4 thing was definitely real but it was only for tuesday I believe. About 2/3s of the venue was sold out. Alot of standing room tickets were sold @40$ a pop from when i went to buy mine at $60. Ended up meeting some roadie and he walked me and my GF down to the lower bowl.

the 2 for 4 thing was definitely real but it was only for tuesday I believe. About 2/3s of the venue was sold out. Alot of standing room tickets were sold @40$ a pop from when i went to buy mine at $60. Ended up meeting some roadie and he walked me and my GF down to the lower bowl.
In theory running an event on the weekend of a UFC event is good logic , but most UFC fans who go to the event are only UFC viewers

Fight Facts is a breakdown of all of the interesting information and cage curiosities on every card, with some puns, references and portmanteaus to keep things fun. These deep stat dives delve into the numbers, providing historical context and telling the stories behind those numbers.

TOTAL NUMBER OF PFL FIGHTS: 1,050
TOTAL NUMBER OF PFL EVENTS: 113

The Professional Fighters League served as the perfect appetizer for ravenous fight fans in Las Vegas, with all but one match ending before the final bell. Lightweights delivered, and light heavyweights brought the thunder, with all five winning in the latter category earning six playoff points. PFL 2: 2024 Regular Season featured the highest finish rate of any standard card in company history, a few former champs that picked up right where they left off and an oddball bummer of an injury.

Hit ‘Em Where It Hurts: At night’s end, 10 of the 11 fights on the PFL 2 docket concluded via stoppage. This is the first PFL card this violent since PFL 2018 2 when 10 of the 13 matches ended inside the distance.

Good Card, Solid Pacing, Poor Production: With a stoppage rate of 90.9, PFL 2024 2 now holds the highest such rate in World Series of Fighting-PFL single-event history—not counting Challenger Series. The previous record was held by three events, each with 81.8% of the bouts ending by finish.

Reasonable Betting Lines For Once: No fighter checked into this event as a betting favorite over -500. This makes it the first card since PFL 2022 8 to have all betting lines this close.

Six-Point Bonanza: At PFL 2019 4, all three women’s lightweight victors landed first-round finishes to each claim six points. Since then, no event has borne witness to the whole slate of one bracket all getting six points until all five triumphant light heavyweights achieved this on Friday.

Mr. Activity: Impa Kasanganay put a stamp on the evening in about three and a half minutes by punching out Alex Polizzi. “Tshilobo” celebrates an evenly distributed method of victory on his ledger, with half of his finishes via submission and the other half by knockout.

Where Did He Get His Steroids: Rob Wilkinson rebounded with a 70-second drubbing of Tom Breese to take the tiebreaker top spot at 205 pounds. “Razor Rob” lifted his career finish rate to 94% by laying waste to Breese.

Tough as Clay: Including his last outing against A.J. McKee, Clay Collard has been submitted four times in his career. After each submission defeat, Collard has bounced back to knock his next opponent out. Collard dispatched Patricky Freire with strikes in Round 2.

Don’t Get Mads: Michael Dufort pulled off the biggest betting upset of the evening by tapping Mads Burnell with a guillotine choke. The Canadian has earned 12 of his 13 pro wins inside the distance, with 10 victories via submission.

Thumbs Automatically Up: Sadibou Sy injured his finger posting off of a takedown landed by Joshua Silveira to end the match in 74 seconds. Silveira picked up the stoppage win, and his finish rate jumped to 92%.

What Did the Shoe Say to the Face: Former PFL champ Antonio Carlos Jr. returned to the promotion and submitted Simon Biyong with a first-round rear-naked choke. “Shoe Face” now sports a stoppage rate of 75%, which also happens to be his submission rate, given that he celebrates zero knockouts as a pro.

Will Likely Catch Kayla This Year: The PFL submission record for one fighter sits at six, with Kayla Harrison holding the top spot. Five competitors in WSOF-PFL history have performed more submissions than Carlos Jr. (four).

His Friends Call Him Dov: Turkmenistan’s Dovletdzhan Yagshimuradov picked up six points by pounding out Jakob Nedoh. The 34-year-old has earned 77% of his pro wins inside the distance, including 11 in the opening frame.

Primed and Ready: Brent Primus landed his first submission in over four years when he forced Bruno Miranda to surrender to a rear-naked choke. It also marks the first time Primus has fought outside of Bellator MMA since his second professional outing in 2012.

Back