News PFL 3 on ESPN: 454K viewers. Highest ever

Huge playoff basketball game was the lead in. I didnt even bother watching it even though I went to PFL 2. They really need to do something about their pacing in between fights.

Good numbers for PFL I suppose though. I wonder how many people left it on confused thinking it was the UFC.

Huge playoff basketball game was the lead in. I didnt even bother watching it even though I went to PFL 2. They really need to do something about their pacing in between fights.

Good numbers for PFL I suppose though. I wonder how many people left it on confused thinking it was the UFC.
I was literally going to ask if this followed the WNBA draft or something…. Those numbers looks sus comparatively to the rest of the season. I bet it was top heavy (the beginning of the show had millions carrying over and it bottom out mid - end show which was likely normal numbers 150k ranges).

For example college women’s basketball. Any game that followed Clark / Iowa game had a huge number from the carry over early on. It was really misrepresenting the actual interest in the next game and viewership massively dropped off (but the carry over inflated the views).

Whenever this happens either bad faith journalism or bad journalism pushes an incorrect native of “success” without any further analysis. “It’s totally normal for the first quarter or the first fight to have 4 million viewers and the last quarter and main event to have substantially less”. Retention tells the real story and the rating progressively tanking throughout the broadcast is the more accurate depiction. Crazy how lead in can be misleading.

Pretty sure the lead in is what caused the pop in ratings.

of course it is but thats the benefit of being on ESPN for UFC, Boxing and PFL. Lots of top rank shows followed college football, UFC shows have followed big Duke Zion games allowing them to pop a higher than normal number and now PFL gets it too with playoff basketball.

Where's my main homie from Power Slap discussion @BEATDOWNS get in here!

Higher than you thought, dude?

We discussed it live lol - it's only shown on 1 platform and we talked about how you could fill a mid-sized soccer stadium in England with the total live worldwide audience of PowerSlap 🤣

We discussed it live lol - it's only shown on 1 platform and we talked about how you could fill a mid-sized soccer stadium in England with the total live worldwide audience of PowerSlap 🤣
It fits 2.44 million people

<TheWire1>

Stadium must be HUGE.

In all fairness I still think that's quite a lot for two dudes slapping each other.

LOL!

It was literally 50,000 live viewers lmao
Watch out! Dana might put us in his next “Hit back at the haters” video. He already used Reddit comments so him using Sherdog wouldn’t be surprising

Dana has cooled it with the power slap in recent months, seems that it has failed despite the huge push the ufc did. Dana fails in another non-Fertittas back Endeavor, joining the ranks of Ultimate Surfer. Master businessman right there

WSOF never happened, they are a BRAND new promotion and only on their 3rd event and already made the Forbes list after only 3 events!!!! PowerSlap is like 7, they will surpass all those old dudes!!!

<codychoke>

Remember when Strikeforce and EliteXC did literally millions for a few of their events. Even the UFC cant do that these days.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stor
Back