PFL is a massively inferior product to the UFC (first time watching PFL)

I know it's hard to pick but are there any events you'd say are worth tracking down start to finish? Or generally just watch some of the best fights? I don't love the glam enough to hunt down rare events just for openings but might be cool to watch something different if there are some you'd recommend.
oh dude, 100% there are. Pride Total Elimination 2003, Pride Final Conflict 2003, Pride Shockwave 2003, Pride Total Elimination 2004, Pride Critical Countdown 2004, Pride Final Conflict 2004, start with those in that order. Basically just watch all of their tournaments from the beginning to end. Their WW tournament was spread out across their Bushido events, start here: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Pride_FC_events. work your way up with the events I listed. this is the best way.

No elbows tho. And if you go near the ropes on the ground,25 japanese guys hit you w flyswatters
which is how it should be. i've never watched a pride thinking, hmmmm, needs more elbows. no, what US MMA needs is for a motherfucker be able to knee a double leg takedown attempt. and for knees in side control. makes no sense.

I don't like the elbow rules and the production is def rough but you make me wanna watch more. I'm just lazy to watch whole cards after being conditioned by shitty UFC prelims the past like 8 years at least and shitty top to bottom bellator cards lol.

The individual fights I've caught for PFL are ones with well known fighters so I prob should see who's really doing well with the actual season format haha.

The talent isnt there yet but its not miles away either...theres lots on the line each fight cuz of the points so there's definitely been some Stephan Bonnar vs Forrest Griffin moments .. and overall the fights have been good and since these guys will be fighting each other on rotation you can kinda for see the match ups and which ones will get u excited. ..

The fact old UFC champions like Rory McDonald and Anthony Pettis didnt just blow through everyone shows the talent is above mid grade..

Im a huge fan of the sports forward setup as a Martial artists myself if i ever was/am at that pro level id have a hard time deciding between PFL and UFC ..UFC would likely win out only because they havent fully destroyed there prestige as a MMA promotion ....yet

which is how it should be. i've never watched a pride thinking, hmmmm, needs more elbows. no, what US MMA needs is for a motherfucker be able to knee a double leg takedown attempt. and for knees in side control. makes no sense.
Elbows rule,son. So do four point attacks. Give me both.

The talent isnt there yet but its not miles away either...theres lots on the line each fight cuz of the points so there's definitely been some Stephan Bonnar vs Forrest Griffin moments .. and overall the fights have been good and since these guys will be fighting each other on rotation you can kinda for see the match ups and which ones will get u excited. ..

The fact old UFC champions like Rory McDonald and Anthony Pettis didnt just blow through everyone shows the talent is above mid grade..

Im a huge fan of the sports forward setup as a Martial artists myself if i ever was/am at that pro level id have a hard time deciding between PFL and UFC ..UFC would likely win out only because they havent fully destroyed there prestige as a MMA promotion ....yet
Thanks for sharing your thoughts! Def might check out more PFL events if I'm ever feeling an MMA itch and there's no UFC PPV on. No disrespect to the up and comers but if you slap the UFC label on an event and the only people I recognize are the headliners (usually not even a top 5 matchup), I will probably have better things to do that day.

Elbows rule,son. So do four point attacks. Give me both.
agree, all of the above, but not one over the other. needs to be evvery fucking strike, angle, hypotenuse, whatever. lets simulate a real fight

Bro i got to hop on the UFC training stuff, im stuck in the past training StrikeForce .

Bro, the old art of Strikeforce proved to be a formidable one, much like the ancient art of WEC was once they had to prove themselves against teh UFC alphas

But if you can find a legit UFC instructor, that be the way to go

I’m not watching tonight, are the fights actually that bad??

I enjoy OneFC. Some good fighters, a lot of good fights, and overall feels polished and professional. They also have their own unique vibe. They are currently the best non-UFC org by far imo.

Bellator can sometimes be really, really good, but it's when I expect the best from them that I am disappointed with how lame they usually are.

Rizin, the few times I've seen it, is enjoyable, with extremely questionable match-making, a huge inconsistency in terms of fight quality, and sometimes being just a step above fight circus. But their cards are always interesting and I always enjoy them, even if it is sometimes a guilty pleasure.

PFL is like Bellator, if Bellator were the UFC.

The UFC has a lot of really good fights, even on the prelims. The production is professional, but unimaginative and unartistic. Their announcers are almost always hot garbage. I'm looking at you DC.

Piledriver on the ring steps,break neck and both shouldrers FTW 666
don't forget dickbars and ballhooks too. theres a reason why theyre banned in Iran.

don't forget dickbars and ballhooks too. theres a reason why theyre banned in Iran.
The Ayatollah banned them but in Azerbaijan they still be all about those. Also Double stomps to the spine,interlocking fish smash,cunt punts,and the dreaded open face burrito slam.

I agree with the UFC shill. UFC, UFC, UFC!

Am I doing it right? When am I getting my check?
upload_2023-4-1_22-14-33.jpeg
They are pretty underground... probably the best fighters too.

I quite like watching PFL. I like the season format, but wish they allowed elbows. I get it though, with elbows more cuts can happen. Take a major tool away from winning fights though.
I would change a couple things. The on screen activity can get annoying. I don’t like it when they draw on the screen showing wich way a fighter can go or pointing out an under hook. Save those things for after the fight or between rounds. Some info like strike speed is useless. But always having total strikes up on screen and separating them between head/body/legs is kinda cool.
They also need to get rid of Sean o Connell. I get that’s their guy. He won a tournament and whatnot. He’s good at In cage interview or back stage interviews. But they need a jon Anik bad. A guy that fills those gaps of silence so easily with information or with proper play by play. Having randy and Florian is a nice nostalgic feel to it. But ya, they need to find their own Jon Anik that brings can keep the viewers into the fight.

One of the things you notice when you watch Bellator or PFL is how FAST the athleticism declines in fighters outside the UFC.

Watching the UFC, you get acclimated to seeing fights happen at a certain speed. With the other organizations, it feels like watching fights at 75% speed. Everything seems slow, labored, and telegraphed.

Back