Pho or Ramen

Pho for me.

Being in San Jose which has like 150k Vietnamese (Most in the US by far) makes anyone here spoiled by having the best Vietnamese food in the country. Anyone visiting here should head to Eastside's little Saigon and indulge themselves.

That said I live a couple blocks away from Japan town and there's great Ramen and sushi restaurants there too.

Pho all day. I actually prefer the cheap ramen soups to actual ramen.

Pho is just so clean, light and fresh. Perfect for when you’re sick, winter time and even summer.

Ramen, for so many reasons. But, I can make ramen In 3 minutes drain the water and mix in any number of other ingredients and have an amazing meal.

Pho for me.

Being in San Jose which has like 150k Vietnamese (Most in the US by far) makes anyone here spoiled by having the best Vietnamese food in the country. Anyone visiting here should head to Eastside's little Saigon and indulge themselves.

That said I live a couple blocks away from Japan town and there's great Ramen and sushi restaurants there too.

The Asian food in California is very overrated. I found better Chinese food in much of Houston, which is like the underrated foodie metro of the U.S. Weapons grade racism keeps the food authentic.

I like Vietnamese food more the coffee, a bahn mi, pho. I prefer udon to ramen if we are talking japanese.

I've only had pho twice and neither time was it as good as ramen so I just stopped buying it

There are some weird takes on Ramen in the US though. Legit tonkotsu is hard to beat tho. Miso ramen is okay too.

I've had some bad ramen in the US (as I'm sure there's plenty of bad pho here too.)

When I was in Japan last time I think I had ramen six times or so and I don't think I had a bad bowl there.

fuck the asian soups just give me some campbell’s chicken-noodle like a real american

With Pho I feel like it all generally tastes the same, but I’ve been to some really high quality ramen spots and it fucking rules. I really prefer the noodles in ramen over pho too.

fuck the asian soups just give me some campbell’s chicken-noodle like a real american

Growing up with parents who usually worked instead of being home, I put back so many bowls of campbell’s tomatoe, vegetable, and chicken noodle soup. Usually had a bologne sandwhich on the side. Being trash was fun lol.

I like pho but ramen all the way. Just love Japanese food all around

It is kind of weird how sometimes foods can be better in different regions in the US as well. Cali is usually paradise for foodies, but the best ramen I have had, was in Charlotte, NC out of a place called Futo Buta just outside of Uptown. The owner/chef there supposedly was an apprentice in Japan for a ramen place and then moved to Charlotte and opened the shop. I have had a bunch of ramen out here, but I still haven't found one as good as the one I had at Futo Buta. I highly recommend this place to anyone that happens to travel to Charlotte.

Back