Pho or Ramen

In America probably pho. In their respective countries I’m choosing ramen every damn time.

I like both.... really good Pho is better than really good Ramen . Just it's tough to find great pho.. most places seem to be noodles, meat, veggies in colored hot water with no taste. There's Ramen joints on every corner here so it's easy gettibg good ones.

I have a strip near me that has a Tiny Thai, a Pho place, and a Ramen spot all right next to each other. Between Pho and Ramen, it depends on my mood, Pho tends to be better to me in the winter or when I have a cold. But i think Pad Thai beats both.

I think I can eat pho more often but ramen is way better to me. I know I’m in the minority

It depends on where you get it. Some pho's have heavy broths but nothing like Vietnamese beef stew.

I dunno. All of the phos I've tasted had bland tasting soup base. Nothing against Vietnamese cuisine, though. I think their banh mi sandwiches are amazing.

I like both.... really good Pho is better than really good Ramen . Just it's tough to find great pho.. most places seem to be noodles, meat, veggies in colored hot water with no taste. There's Ramen joints on every corner here so it's easy gettibg good ones.

There is a lot more good but nothing special pho's than ramen. Good pho is better than ramen. I always get the feeling that it is way easier to make good ramen than pho. I have never been very blown away by ramen. I don't know why. The broth has never just wowed me even when good.

Last edited:
In my experience in the West, phos are better on average than ramen. But a very good ramen shits over the best pho. But both are goat soups imo.

Pretty much this. In the U.S., most Vietnamese restaurants are mom and pop shops and the pho is authentic and much better than the average ramen, which is appropriated white people food and more often that not, made with instant noodles and dishwater broth as a side dish to some asian themed bullshit.

But legit quality ramen loaded with vegetables, pork belly and pork bone broth soup is GOAT tier.

Last edited:
Ramen all day.

Pho is good but it's basically a poor man's ramen.

Having said that, if you wanna eat a bit lighter, pho can hit the spot.

Ramen. If you live in the right location there are just as good ramen like you would get in Japan. They even have Ichiran in NY. Many quality ramen shops in California and Hawaii.

On the other hand most Vietnamese restaurants (at least the ones I've eaten at) usually have good and at worse decent Pho, whereas I've had some mediocre/bad ramen many times.

Pretty much this. In the U.S., most Vietnamese restaurants are mom and pop shops and the pho is authentic and much better than the average ramen, which is appropriated white people food and more often that not, is made with instant noodles and dishwater broth as a side dish to some asian themed bullshit.

But legit quality ramen loaded with vegetables, pork belly and pork bone broth soup is GOAT tier.
I was never in Japan but there is a very known japanese neighborhood in Paris where they have a couple of likely quite authentic Japanese soup parlors. One of them has only Japanese staff that speak Japanese with eachother and have a huge Japanese accent in French. You typically have to wait in line on the street to get in. Anyways what I had there is in line with your description and let me tell you big bro that it's quite simply on another level. And I say this as a dude who has eaten an absurd volume of pho in his life.

If you can get curry Ramen with chicken karaage that is amazing.

My girl won't let me like it more than Pho though

I was never in Japan but there is a very known japanese neighborhood in Paris where they have a couple of likely quite authentic Japanese soup parlors. One of them has only Japanese staff that speak Japanese with eachother and have a huge Japanese accent in French. You typically have to wait in line on the street to get in. Anyways what I had there is in line with your description and let me tell you big bro that it's quite simply on another level. And I say this as a dude who has eaten an absurd volume of pho in his life.

TBF though bro, pho and ramen are kind of apples and oranges. I love my pho too but it's more of a light meal or something I'll have with another entree. But great ramen is more hearty with more oil/fat and can be a full meal by itself. The best I've had was at a Japanese place run by Japanese folks in midtown NYC. They kept pork bones simmering all day to make the broth and the whole thing with sliced pork belly was just ridiculous.

Last edited:
Ramen AND IT'S NOT CLOSE

I like it thicc (noodles and the broth... and....)
<NewGina>

Back