Photos of my New Sporting 14oz Floyd-Conor themed gloves:

Hi ! I'm new in Sherdog, watching reviews of New Sporting gloves I found this video, basically exposes all the problems they have, it would be good to get it to more people. I knew this thread until that video ,is in Spanish with English subtitles, in fact they used a couple of photos that I put on New Sporting Facebook (go to more recent reviews, I'm Schlange, green gloves xD)

Last edited:
Hi ! I'm new in Sherdog, watching reviews of New Sporting gloves I found this video, basically exposes all the problems they have, it would be good to get it to more people. I knew this thread until that video ,is in Spanish with English subtitles, in fact they used a couple of photos that I put on New Sporting Facebook (go to more recent reviews, I'm Schlange, green gloves xD)

That's the definitive verdict on New Sporting!

Oh boy. Can't wait to see if they respond

Are the people of Hernandez Champs and New Sporting related? The last name of Daniel (New Sporting) is Hernandez.

Maybe they are related, like Campeon/Casanova and Classics/Zepol and Reyes/Seyer

Ummm, seems familiar.... :rolleyes:

66950402_155046092241071_5819486910582461577_n.jpg

Last edited:
Without me watching the whole video do the Bryant gloves get better review than the NS

Without me watching the whole video do the Bryant gloves get better review than the NS
Hard to tell since Fit2Box doesn't seem to ever give a bad review. I think almost everything review ends with "go get it!", that's why makers loves giving him stuff to review.

Hard to tell since Fit2Box doesn't seem to ever give a bad review. I think almost everything review ends with "go get it!", that's why makers loves giving him stuff to review.

Interesting. What's the most critical Fit2Box review you've seen?

Interesting. What's the most critical Fit2Box review you've seen?
That's a good question, I don't ever recall hearing Simon ever mentioning anything negative about a glove. That and I don't really trust his reviews anymore that much so I don't really view his new videos with great attention.

However, I do remember him just deleting his video on Haymaker to avoid any responsibility (since he pretty much introduced the brand to the public) after many reported that they didn't get their gloves. :confused:

That's a good question, I don't ever recall hearing Simon ever mentioning anything negative about a glove. That and I don't really trust his reviews anymore that much so I don't really view his new videos with great attention.

However, I do remember him just deleting his video on Haymaker to avoid any responsibility (since he pretty much introduced the brand to the public) after many reported that they didn't get their gloves. :confused:

Ok, wow, I've just finished watching several of his reviews, and in my opinion they're worthless infomercials... This guy is impressed by anything you can put on your hand! And he says the most stupid things about the most stupid gimmicks. An example, of which there are many: in his review of Everlast Protex3s, he tells us he "really likes" the three small strips of velcro on the cuff and describes them as "a nice touch", without explaining why he holds that weird belief, in particular, why he believes those three small strips are in any way better than the single large strip of velcro normally found on other velcro gloves. I could go on and on... But, then again, who's really the fool? He's the one who's worked out an easy way to get loads and loads of gear sent to him for free...

Ok, wow, I've just finished watching several of his reviews, and in my opinion they're worthless infomercials... This guy is impressed by anything you can put on your hand! And he says the most stupid things about the most stupid gimmicks. An example, of which there are many: in his review of Everlast Protex3s, he tells us he "really likes" the three small strips of velcro on the cuff and describes them as "a nice touch", without explaining why he holds that weird belief, in particular, why he believes those three small strips are in any way better than the single large strip of velcro normally found on other velcro gloves. I could go on and on... But, then again, who's really the fool? He's the one who's worked out an easy way to get loads and loads of gear sent to him for free...
Yeah, I agree. His reviews are totally worthless because he supposedly loves every pair of gloves he tries on. It almost tempts me to start a similar boxing glove review channel where I just praise all the gloves...like you said, it would be an easy way to get free gear! While I don’t always agree with ExpertBoxing’s reviews, I definitely appreciate the fact that he seems to be very objective and isn’t afraid to say that certain gloves and brands are trash. My main issue with his reviews is that he comes at everything from his own personal perspective of someone with hand problems and hand injuries in the past. Therefore, it seems like he focuses almost exclusively on the protection the gloves provide. While this is obviously a very important factor in a glove, it’s not the only thing. He also advocates doing all training in gloves of 16 oz or higher, even bag work. I much prefer doing bag and mitt work with gloves weighing between 8 and 12 ounces.

Yeah, I agree. His reviews are totally worthless because he supposedly loves every pair of gloves he tries on. It almost tempts me to start a similar boxing glove review channel where I just praise all the gloves...like you said, it would be an easy way to get free gear! While I don’t always agree with ExpertBoxing’s reviews, I definitely appreciate the fact that he seems to be very objective and isn’t afraid to say that certain gloves and brands are trash. My main issue with his reviews is that he comes at everything from his own personal perspective of someone with hand problems and hand injuries in the past. Therefore, it seems like he focuses almost exclusively on the protection the gloves provide. While this is obviously a very important factor in a glove, it’s not the only thing. He also advocates doing all training in gloves of 16 oz or higher, even bag work. I much prefer doing bag and mitt work with gloves weighing between 8 and 12 ounces.

Yep. ExpertBoxing's reviews are much better - whether you agree or disagree with Johnny's judgements, at least he makes an effort to actually evaluate the gear! I also suspect that Johnny knows a great deal more about boxing than the Fit2Box guy. You are right, though, that Johnny puts a lot of emphasis on protection. And he does advocate doing all training in 16oz or higher gloves. I pretty strongly disagree with him on the 16oz advice. Like you, I much prefer doing bag and mitt work with lighter gloves, and I think it has several important benefits.

@KidMoe and @Vols1891, if you're interested, I've set out my views on Fit2Box at https://scepticalboxer.com/is-fit2box-fit-to-review/

Good article, a lot of work was put into it, thank you.

I don't trust any reviewer who gets free gear. Fit2box is clearly a shill who gets free equipment and I don't think he should be trusted as an independent source. E.g. he got the adispeeds 3 months before they even released and all he did was rave about them. No way an ordinary consumer gets that unless they're being paid or have some sort of vested interest, rather than giving a clear unbiased review. To put it into context, he got the gloves 3 months before release, just like Seconds Out Fight Store - an actual retail store in Scotland.

As a sidenote, an interesting observation is that the same sort of thing happened in the technology, sneakers, cologne and watches communities a few years ago, back when it was still starting out - basically any type of segment where there are reviewers. It happens all the time. You always get a few people who review literally every single thing that comes out, then there's a controversy about whether or not they can be trusted, that controversy dies down, more reviewers spring up and then you've got a community of reviewers.

Edit: Expert Boxing's youtube channel is very good and helpful. His website reviews however are terrible. He "reviews" a lot of gloves he's never tried, i.e. he just goes by hearsay and reputation, so essentially those reviews are worthless. On the flipside, the reviews of what he actually has owned and used are helpful.

@KidMoe and @Vols1891, if you're interested, I've set out my views on Fit2Box at https://scepticalboxer.com/is-fit2box-fit-to-review/
That's a great article man. I think it's a very detailed and fair observation for Fit2Box. Of course, nothing wrong with him sharing his opinions, but I would feel bad if a kid with limited amount of income decides to spend some hard save money on some junk in his "reviews" and gets disappointed at the end. I knew a few cases like that back with the Haymaker Boxing incident (when a lot of people decided to try out Haymaker Gloves after he gave a shining review).

Also thanks for the article on the Lace N Loop upgrades, didn't know they did that at all. Kudos for them listening to users!

Edit: Expert Boxing's youtube channel is very good and helpful. His website reviews however are terrible. He "reviews" a lot of gloves he's never tried, i.e. he just goes by hearsay and reputation, so essentially those reviews are worthless. On the flipside, the reviews of what he actually has owned and used are helpful.
For sure! Actually, after Johnny's Sabas SS review on how it's "as good as Winnings!", I lost all trust in his reviews (since I was one of the people that ran out to buy a pair). But I do still check out his boxing technique tip videos once in a blue moon.

Last edited:
Back