Television Physical 100 (spoilers ITT)

Watched 4 episodes so far... and wow.

That 'Deathmatch' game? (Horrible name for it) With two competitors wrestling for a large medicine ball for 3 minutes? I could see that become an actual sport. Competitors have to use their speed, agility, strength, wrestling, and strategy to win. Brilliant concept I could see catch on.

And one thing I absolutely respect about the S.Koreans, they are competitive and respectful. In any other western culture there'd be trashtalk and cockiness among the athletes, but in this show everyone is cheering everyone else on.

Can only imagine how this would play out in USA, Brazil, or Europe.

Just binge watched the first 4 episodes, compelling viewing… the English over dub is a bit odd…. “ooo his body looks so good” “look at his back muscles” “ he’s as fast as a panther” etc…

That 'Deathmatch' game? (Horrible name for it) With two competitors wrestling for a large medicine ball for 3 minutes? I could see that become an actual sport. Competitors have to use their speed, agility, strength, wrestling, and strategy to win. Brilliant concept I could see catch on.

And one thing I absolutely respect about the S.Koreans, they are competitive and respectful. In any other western culture there'd be trashtalk and cockiness among the athletes, but in this show everyone is cheering everyone else on.

Can only imagine how this would play out in USA, Brazil, or Europe.

Agreed.

Re the chat, I get the impression it's going on but it's based more about the subtleties of their relative ranks rather than starting from baseline. When the two boxer ladies fought the older champ chastised the younger for looking her in the eyes and challenging her. The younger was basically a Chael Sonnen or Notorious in the level of disrespect.

But yeah the politeness is admirable!

The cultural space that this operates in is pretty interesting, can't imagine American ninja warrior getting such famous athletes. They've probably opened the door, usually people are washed up for such shows, a lot of might be at the end of their career but they still bang.

I'm also happy they put women against the men. Fuck sexism.

Oh and the voice over is awful, subtitles are the way to go. I have a little Korean though from tkd which probably helps.

I'm also happy they put women against the men. Fuck sexism.

Agreed... except for when they have the Women VS Men in 1V1 games, like the 'Deathmatch.'

They got screwed over on that.

These Korean influencers will rather die than admit they are on PEDs.
It's the culture. It would ruin their careers completely even tho you can tell just by looking at many of them that they are clearly on stuff.

This video kind of confirmed what I already thought, a lot of these guys admitting to gear have less impressive physiques than some of the guys in the UFC... I understand UFC fighters not admitting to it because they are going to get fined and suspended and it will also taint their reputation in the eyes of gullible fans who like to believe most fighters are natural.

German guy reminds me of some UFC fighters and people in the fitness industry. Acting like he doesn't even know what ped's are lol. The rest were honest.

Tbh thought the opposite, gimmick managed to have them wrestle but felt kinda pointless specially on a such long time lol

Tbh thought the opposite, gimmick managed to have them wrestle but felt kinda pointless specially on a such long time lol

That's when endurance becomes a huge factor.

Five minutes would have been too long.
90 seconds would have been too short.
3 minutes was a sweet spot.

It's the culture. It would ruin their careers completely even tho you can tell just by looking at many of them that they are clearly on stuff.

This video kind of confirmed what I already thought, a lot of these guys admitting to gear have less impressive physiques than some of the guys in the UFC... I understand UFC fighters not admitting to it because they are going to get fined and suspended and it will also taint their reputation in the eyes of gullible fans who like to believe most fighters are natural.

German guy reminds me of some UFC fighters and people in the fitness industry. Acting like he doesn't even know what ped's are lol. The rest were honest.

In Ep6 the biggest bodybuilder shows off his thighs and they're like tree trucks.

No Korean with the perfect diet and workout regime would develop thighs like that naturally.

That's when endurance becomes a huge factor.

Five minutes would have been too long.
90 seconds would have been too short.
3 minutes was a sweet spot.

The time itself is fine, that's a boxing round
It's the game rules that does'nt use that time much, beside the stamina thing very last seconds were the only thing that matter

Maybe they could have found something with progressive score where you have to perform better than the other guy for the whole 3 minutes

In Ep6 the biggest bodybuilder shows off his thighs and they're like tree trucks.

No Korean with the perfect diet and workout regime would develop thighs like that naturally.
I haven't seen it, only wateched 4 episodes so far but I think you can probably switch the word Korean with Human lol

Love this series so far, they have me waiting for the next episodes which is just rare nowadays.

The sand challenge was kind of weak for me, it showed good team work but not the best measure of physical fitness. The 1.5 tonne ship was a proper physical challenge and you could see that it pushed everyone to the limit.

Also been pleasantly surprised by Akiyama i thought hed be too old to keep up with the young athletes. He's keeping up and actually is a pretty good leader.

Roids are obviously rampant. That tree trunk leg guy's face looks like cyborg x 10 he is on all the gear.

The second team are too far up on the rope. Need to go back to the end to gain more leverage.

My issue with the Korean fitness culture are the people faking the funk. Some of them are actually honest. They interviewed some of the Koreans at the pro shows in America. They just say they aren't natural but it's not a good topic to talk about. I can 100 percent respect that. Fitness industry shouldn't be separated by country or race. I don't care if someone isn't natural but tries to avoid the question. It only matters when they go out of their way to say they are a natural lifter etc etc then file lawsuits when people call them out.

Jesse James West is one of those guys who plays the grey area. A lot of the fitness influencers are like that. He wasn't a fat kid and he has gyno now. At this point it's a running gag for him to claim natural status. He is one of those guys who will suddenly has low T and have to go on TRT.

Agreed... except for when they have the Women VS Men in 1V1 games, like the 'Deathmatch.'

They got screwed over on that.

That's why they had the hanging challenge before that IMO, so the women would get to choose their opponents (Rogan says women are good at hanging and pain challenges).

I guess if a woman can't be good enough in a challenge tailored for females to be in the top 50 then she should get beat.

Maybe a separate prize money for the women whilst still keeping them in. There are some fucking beasts out there that I'd like to see in it.

Good to let em know where they're at.

I'm not sure the 3rd team can complete the challenge considering how difficult it took the first two team to make the ship move before it hits the log and up the slope. Unless they have some engineering knowledge to leverage it or something. I'll be super impressed. I'm pumped for the next epis just to see the third team on this ship challenge.

EDIT:
For the first 4 epis, dexterity helps and being smaller size but being to carry your own weight helps. As evidenced by bridge challenge plus the revival match. But this ship challenge is all meat and buff wins the game. They finally got into "Physical: 100". Jacked dudes winning it and eliminating the fit dudes.

Back