Pick two performers. Switch their gimmicks. Rate them.

Count Zero

Demonologist
@red
Reaction score
Had an idea for a forum game. Pick two wrestlers, then rate them at how well they'd perform the other's gimmick.

Example:

Triple H and The Rock. I think Rock would have done a better job of being HHH than HHH would have done being The Rock. I think Dwayne actually could do pretty good at any incarnation of HHH's character - rich snob (maybe not a New England type, but), young degenerate, megalomaniac barbarian, megalomaniac businessman.

I think Trips could have done a decent job at young cocky sports star Rock, but not anything else.

Foley and Enzo
Foley: decent on the mic and knows how to get the crowd to pop and can take a beating
Enzo: would love to see him get wrapped up in barbwire in some of those Japanese king of the deathmatch events
<{Heymansnicker}>

New Jack and the Blue Meanie.

Jack becomes a better dancer and makes more sense being teamed up with Jasmin St. Clair (although she refused to do interracial).

Blue Meanie balcony dives generate more buzz due to the shape and size of Meanie. Likely more opponents move out of the way last minute for numerous reasons.

Last edited:
New Jack and the Blue Meanie.

Jack becomes a better dancer and makes more sense being teamed up with Jasmin St. Clair (although she refused to do interracial).

Blue Meanie balcony dives generate more buzz due to the shape and size of Meanie. Likely more opponents move out of the way last minute for numerous reasons.
The thought of JBL trying to cheap shot new jack like he did meanie really makes me giggle

HBK and Marty Jannetty

HBK could still get pilled up and keep on rockin in the free world while Marty barebacks Vince and Pat on his way to a HOF career

<{jackyeah}>

Stan Hansen and JBL

Hansen drips tobacco on his suit and upgrades his big fat wife to a slim golddigger with daddy issues.

JBL actually has a use for that fucking cowboy hat.

Shane Douglas nd Triple H:

Shane Douglas is better on the mic than Trile H and could easily have dome that gimmick although it would have been less interesting than his Franchise persona.. Shane doesn't do sports entertainment though. He's admitted he's not an actor.

HHH could wrestle as well as Shane but trying to be extreme and carry a company like ECW on his back; I think he'd have some trouble because HHH stole a lot of his style as well as word for word sections of promos from Shane Douglas. Without Shane to copy he would have had trouble. HHH had the help of the Kliq. Shane achieved his success without the help of the Kiliq; in fact they tried to hold him down. Shane achieve this success on his own.

Shane's a great wrestler. HHH is a great sports entertainer.

Last edited:
Undertaker and Eugene.

Gilberg and HBK.

The Yettay and Cena.

RVD and AJ Styles

RVD was the originator and AJ copied a lot of RVD's style but did that style very well and had some cool moves of his own that RVD didn't do and vice versa..

On the mic, I think RVD is very underrated. I love his cool, laid back, never get worried, nervous or scared demeanor. He has a pretty cool style of humor as well. I don't think AJ is as interesting on the mic because overall as a person, he's not as interesting as RVD but as a wrestler I think he equalled RVD or at least came damn close.

They're both excellent and would be roughly equal at doing the other's gimmick although RVD would do better at imitating AJ on the mic than AJ would do imitating RVD on the mic.

Was always hoping that they'd bring Samoa Joe or Kassius Ohno in to revive this.
simonsystem.jpg

I actually suspect that Rikishi or Kevin Owens could get it over huge though. Simon dean trying to be a tough guy would amuse me too.

Hulk Hogan and Ric Flair. I actually think Hogan could do the Flair gimmick better than Flair could do the Hulkster.

Was always hoping that they'd bring Samoa Joe or Kassius Ohno in to revive this.
simonsystem.jpg

I actually suspect that Rikishi or Kevin Owens could get it over huge though. Simon dean trying to be a tough guy would amuse me too.

They actually had a big dude do basically this down in NXT

Hulk Hogan and Ric Flair. I actually think Hogan could do the Flair gimmick better than Flair could do the Hulkster.

Say your prayers, take your vitamins, and ride Space Mountain ! Woooo !

That's because Ric Flair knows how to play himself...that's about it. As for Hogan,I don't think playing a loudmouth, arrogant, playboy would be too much of a stretch for him.

Bret Hart and Sting.

Could you imagine Hart in face paint?

I think they could play out each other's roles well enough, they were both slightly interchangeable in the beginning.

A heel, "patriotic", leather jacket, leader of a stable Sting could have been interesting.

Hart would have brought a real intensity to the 'Crow' Sting character.

Bret Hart and Sting.

Could you imagine Hart in face paint?

I think they could play out each other's roles well enough, they were both slightly interchangeable in the beginning.

A heel, "patriotic", leather jacket, leader of a stable Sting could have been interesting.

Hart would have brought a real intensity to the 'Crow' Sting character.

Crow Bret would have been VERY interesting

Back