Pilot was locked out of the cockpit before Germanwing flight crashed

It's 30 seconds delay before the door opens, in case a terrorist has taken control over the other pilot and gotten hold of the code.

In such a scenario, the other pilot has a 30 seconds window to de-activate it.

Gotcha

So are we saying its co-pilot mass murder?

This is terrible. I always thought the cockpit crew consisted of three people. I guess with new technology, it was downsized from 3 to 2.
There has to be 2 people in the cockpit at all times. If one of the pilots leaves the cockpit, one crew member has to take his/her place.

Apparently that design of aircraft has three positions for the cockpit door to be in: unlocked, normal, and locked. Most of the time the door remains in 'normal'; allowing a pilot or other authorized crew member to access the cockpit with a security card/code. It appears the door was only switched to 'locked' after the senior pilot left the cockpit; making it extremely likely it was a mass murder/suicide.

It must have been absolutely terrifying for the passengers and crew descending those last few minutes with the clear weather allowing them to see the incoming mountains while the senior pilot frantically tried to break into the cockpit. Utterly terrifying.

This is terrible. I always thought the cockpit crew consisted of three people.

Technically, they don't count the inflatable one.

airplane-600.jpg

Unless audio comes out I say its pretty standard for aviation to point to human failure. But to claim co-pilot did it on purpose makes you think they have enough proof. How can the pilot be heard from outside, I thought the cabin was breach proof.

No. If anything he would be a white political terrorist, if you had a clue about German history of course.

Say "white" does not differentiate him from being Muslim. There are Muslims of all colors.

Say "white" does not differentiate him from being Muslim. There are Muslims of all colors.

And psychopathic killers in all religions...none of which appears to matter in this particular case; skin color or religion I mean. But likely no real way to actually know for certain.

dont start all this Muslim shit guys.

Why don't we wait until we have some idea why he might have done this before we make assumptions.

Edit: double post

Of course terrorism wasn't a factor.

He wasn't brown.

If he's white, he's crazy.

If he's brown, it's radical fanatical terrorism.

Of course terrorism wasn't a factor.

He wasn't brown.

If he's white, he's crazy.

If he's brown, it's radical fanatical terrorism.

Well yelling all snackbar is a dead giveaway but this guy wasn't so the odds are he wasn't.

And psychopathic killers in all religions...none of which appears to matter in this particular case; skin color or religion I mean. But likely no real way to actually know for certain.

Yeah, killers and crazy people seem to come from every walk of life.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
This Island Earth
Back