Planet Fitness Membership Question - Cleveland Area

Teknik

Purple Belt
@purple
Reaction score
I'm going to be stuck in the Cleveland Area (Mayfield) for 12 days this month for a work trip. I'm trying to find a place to work out. I tried a few places (LA fitness, Lifetime Fitness) and they vary in prices and their willingness to let me work out there w/out a contract.

A place called Fit Works will let me go there for $38. LA fitness was $75.

Planet Fitness told me I could Sign up to be a member, then cancel the membership. So I'm hoping I could pay $10 to join, then $10 for a membership, then cancel the same day and be good for a month. Does anyone know if i could do that? So I'd be out $20, unless there is any kind of additional fees. If it's going to be a headache, I'll just pay the $38 and drive a bit further to Fit Works.

I've never been to a PF, and I understand they can be annoying. I just need free weights, a place to squat and deadlift, a bench, and some cable stations.

From what I know they have no barbells other than the smith machine. So no deadlift, squat or bench. I think dumbbells have a max weight too, like 90 pounds or something.

Idk but most gyms have a day pass. Literally every gym I've been to has one. Goodlife canada costs like $14 for the day or something.

Probably not the best place to go if you're looking to squat or dead lift, tbh, even benches are typically in short supply.

If you wanted to do a lot of low weight exercises, high range of motion, body weight exercises and cardio, planet fitness is great, if you're looking to lift more than 200lb on any exercise, you're better off finding a more serious weightlifter's gym.

Dude, it's Cleveland. Don't leave your hotel. It's only 12 days, go jailhouse style. Pushups, situps, squats, & run in place. I mean, unless you want AIDS.

Idk but most gyms have a day pass. Literally every gym I've been to has one. Goodlife canada costs like $14 for the day or something.

I've spent many years going to places for their free trials while on travel for work. I can only find a few places that offer them, and they are 1-3 day trials. I found one that gives a week trial, but you need a local drivers license. Mine is out of state.

Probably not the best place to go if you're looking to squat or dead lift, tbh, even benches are typically in short supply.

If you wanted to do a lot of low weight exercises, high range of motion, body weight exercises and cardio, planet fitness is great, if you're looking to lift more than 200lb on any exercise, you're better off finding a more serious weightlifter's gym.

I thought they had the stuff, but were really pickey if you "grunted" or something. I was just guessing though.

Dude, it's Cleveland. Don't leave your hotel. It's only 12 days, go jailhouse style. Pushups, situps, squats, & run in place. I mean, unless you want AIDS.

I'll we working from about 8-4 every day. That's a lot of time in the hotel room. I did just buy Red Dead Redemption - GOTY edition specifically for this trip though.

I'll we working from about 8-4 every day. That's a lot of time in the hotel room. I did just buy Red Dead Redemption - GOTY edition specifically for this trip though.

When you come back looking like your AV, don't say I didn't warn you.

I thought they had the stuff, but were really pickey if you "grunted" or something. I was just guessing though.

No, it's not just attitude, their equipment is very limited as well. They have a couple barbells usually, but not many, no squat racks, as stated earlier the dumbbells only go up to 75lb. It's mostly nautilus machines or whatever they're called, and long racks of low weight dumbbells.

If you're on any kind of strength training regimen right now, you probably won't be able to even maintain at planet fitness.

If I get raped or beat up, I'll post it on here

No, it's not just attitude, their equipment is very limited as well. They have a couple barbells usually, but not many, no squat racks, as stated earlier the dumbbells only go up to 75lb. It's mostly nautilus machines or whatever they're called, and long racks of low weight dumbbells.

If you're on any kind of strength training regimen right now, you probably won't be able to even maintain at planet fitness.

Ok thanks man. This would be pretty much the end of thread. Unless someone from the area finds this topic and has and ideas.

I have used hammer strength machines before, and those were pretty sweet. I just hate to change my whole routine for 2 weeks.

I would just switch to push ups and sits ups until getting back in town

Ok thanks man. This would be pretty much the end of thread. Unless someone from the area finds this topic and has and ideas.

I have used hammer strength machines before, and those were pretty sweet. I just hate to change my whole routine for 2 weeks.

I've been to planet fitness here in Austin, and none of that is true. It has all the weights and equipment that you'd find in any gym

I've been to planet fitness here in Austin, and none of that is true. It has all the weights and equipment that you'd find in any gym

Well since you've been there, you're saying squats, deadlifts, bench exercises, and so on wouldn't be a problem?

Went to one here in the chicagoa area once. Their dumbells didn't go very heavy and if you lift heavy don't make any noise or intimidate the soccer moms. Other than that it was ok, not sure if you are the type who works out to stay in shape or if you like to powerlift. If you are the latter I'd find somewhere else.

I go to a cheap no frills dungeon type gym. The weights are old, but it's cheap and the guys in there are all cool and down to earth even though they bench like 500+

Oh shit, i just typed in "can you deadlift at planet fitness" and found this youtube video.
Wow, they actually said they banned deadlifts and t-bar rows because they are power lifting exercises, and they are focusing on the first time fitness person.

[YT]lZeHwDlzrNg[/YT]

I go to a cheap no frills dungeon type gym. The weights are old, but it's cheap and the guys in there are all cool and down to earth even though they bench like 500+

I'm trying man. i just can't find one that is close. I can go maybe 10 miles minutes MAX from my hotel in Mayfield

Oh shit, i just typed in "can you deadlift at planet fitness" and found this youtube video.
Wow, they actually said they banned deadlifts and t-bar rows because they are power lifting exercises, and they are focusing on the first time fitness person.

[YT]lZeHwDlzrNg[/YT]

Lol. Yeah that's kind of what I mean, I like to powerlift and I'm fairly strong. It just wasn't the place for me. They have pizza and bagel nights, I mean come on.

Back