Platinum vs Cowboy

Law Dog

Brown Belt
@Brown
Reaction score
I’d like to see this matchup. I know Cowboy has dropped 3 in a row, but imo he should’ve gotten the W vs Lawler. Either way, he’s still a tough matchup for most in the division.

For some reason the thought of this matchup intrigues me. I’d like to see how it would go if Cowboy took it to the ground. And with Platinum just getting the L, albeit some would say due to the eye poke, I think this has the potential to end up being fight of the night.

Thoughts? Interest in it?

If cowboy gets proper recovery time? Cowboy by sub. Could go either way

Cowboy via headkick.

Haha! That would definitely be the test to see if his chin is indeed mention of Platinum worthy. A win for either in that fight, would be a big confidence boost and put them into the mix to try and make a run.

Also, I can’t see it going the distance. It would be the perfect match to showcase their strong suits and make a statement, to build off of.

I know Cowboys in a slump but it's not like Perry would have beat any of the guys he lost to either.

I think Cowboy would pick him apart, but didnt Donald say he was going back to LW (I could he wrong but think he said that).

I know Cowboys in a slump but it's not like Perry would have beat any of the guys he lost to either.

I think Cowboy would pick him apart, but didnt Donald say he was going back to LW (I could he wrong but think he said that).

Actually, I think you’re right. I’d like to see that fight, if he were to stay at WW though. Cowboy is no joke. It would be a tough matchup for Perry, for sure. He’d have to be on his A+ game with the threats Cerrone would bring.

I think Cowboy would take it.

However, I think it won't happen cos it makes no business sense. The UFC should know Perry's level now and will probably match him up against beatable opponents. For some reason he is still a popular fighter, but that flame can quickly dissappear with poor matchmaking, and therefore defeats

I’d like to see this matchup. I know Cowboy has dropped 3 in a row, but imo he should’ve gotten the W vs Lawler. Either way, he’s still a tough matchup for most in the division.

For some reason the thought of this matchup intrigues me. I’d like to see how it would go if Cowboy took it to the ground. And with Platinum just getting the L, albeit some would say due to the eye poke, I think this has the potential to end up being fight of the night.

Well for one he's going back to LW and for two he's likely fighting Mairbek Taisumov in February.If these two fought i'd take Cerrone by 2nd or 3rd round TKO but Perry could get an early stoppage if Cerrone crumbles under pressure like he does sometimes.

This is better than the usul Perry vs...... fights but everyone Cowboy has lost to is better than Perry.
It could be a fun fight but unless Perry could take him out in the 1st, I'd expect Cowboy to win it.

I talk mad shit about Plat, because I do not like him, but that dude can take a beating. you just can't get to the top of the division relying solely on punching. you have to mix up your game, maybe he'll go back to the drawing board and do so? Idk, but I think Cowboy smokes him, maybe not by a finish, but I could see a 30-27 UD.

I just don't see how this version of Mike Perry makes it into the top 15. he's gonna either have to switch camps or go on the more technical side of things rather than trying to be cocky and use all of his power. I mean, he was sucking air mid way in the second round. Imagine if he had someone in there like Wonderboy, Woodley, RDA, Masvidal.. He's just not ready for the big dogs yet is more less what I'm getting at. Alan Jouban took him to school, so that's what I'm getting at. I don't see what all the hype was about anyway, but as I said, he can take an ass beating, that's for sure.

Hungover from 2 week binge Cowboy knocks his head clean off.

Perry KOs Cowboy. Hes a tough SOB but toughness only takes his LW frame so far when fighting a thick iron chinned juggernaut like Perry. Platinum can exchange with him all day and eventually Cerrone will crumple

#platinumbless

B34EDB52-84B0-400D-A808-EB7C9DFC35B6.gif

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
plasterby
Back