Please stop making out like Nate is a big guy

You said Cage Warriors, in which Conor fought twice consecutively (for Cage Warriors) at lightweight. What part of that confuses you? His last fight before fighting in the UFC was at lightweight, and it was his second time fighting as a lightweight for that organization.

Do you know what consecutive means?

adjective
  1. 1.
    following each other continuously | following one after the order in order
Where did Conor fight consecutively at Lightweight? I'll make it easy for you, here is his wiki: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Conor_McGregor

You're either having fun or you are legitimately a ding-dong. Probably having fun. Lets copy-pasta what I wrote verbatim:

"For his part, Conor looked like an old dying goat on the scale at 145lbs. Drawn in and miserable. Suffice to say making that cut, by all accounts, was brutal.

He's a natural 155lbs fighter and thats where he fought before he took an opportunity with the UFC. I think without the brutal weight cut we see the best Conor McGregor we've ever seen. The cut to 145lbs was holding him back if anything.
"

If he was a natural 155lber, why has he fought 18 of 21 fights at FW and of his 3 LW fights, two of them he fought at LW because his FW opponent pulled out. If those opponents didn't pull out, then his one and only fight at LW would have been in 2010.

I didn't cast aspersion his performances, I'm clearly noting that its not healthy for him to make heroic cuts. You can add to this by noting long term, this will be bad, or perhaps you live in a parallel universe where he'll be 27 years old forever.

Without the brutal weight cut, we get the best Conor McGregor we've ever seen. That is not hard to understand, you just want to build some other narrative and inject into the discussion.

Weight cutting is not healthy for any fighter, hence the reason they are trying to cut it out.

Nate has a difficult weight cut to 155 lbs, that is why he moved up to 170 for a few fights.

Nate is clearly the bigger guy, especially now that he doesnt need to cut down to 170. Even Nick said that Conor made a mistake accepting the fight at 170.

Conor has had a full camp though, so he has his advantages in this fight as well.

That is why Nate said at the press conference "Dont bring up the heavy weight...how many rounds of sparring did you have this month?" or something like that.

10 day notice Nate is going to look like a pile of lovehandles

He IS a big guy......for me to poop on!!

upload_2016-2-26_15-52-54.png

He is not huge but he's not a small LW by any means.
How come nobody's posted one of those pics of a Diaz brother trying to flex at the weigh-ins? All that happens is that their skin stretches a little.

EDIT: Here we go. Your average Joe off the street has bigger pecs than this.

nate-diaz-7.jpg
that could be said about Bigfoot and Werdum.

Everyone who has a brain knows this is two guys who should fight at LW fighting at WW. The Conor is going up two weight classes thing is just another way to sell the fight and hype him.

First it's "Conor only fights midgets" and now it's bigger guys not being that much bigger. LOL. Conor just can't win with these soggy bottom boys. TS is also wrong about Nate not having fought at Welterweight before. He has in the UFC and he's got some wins there. Nate struggled to make Lightweight and missed it against RDA which is why they fought at a 160 catch weight.

SMH.

TS is right. Look at all these fuckers thinking cause hes 6' tall hes a giant monster. Hes long and lanky. When they weigh in you'll see conor may be the more fighter with more MASS.

Height and reach will be more of an advantage in a fight than having muscle mass.

Nate is big. the fact he isn't musclebound but fights at 170 division is more proof how big he is. Conor is a big FW like how GSP is a "big" WW due to his muscular build.

Lol - are you kidding me in regards to Conor having a muscular build for 145 lbs? He's got less muscle mass than most of the division.

Back