Poatan is well on his way to surpassing JBJ at LHW.

For one, he doesn't have any steroid allegations or controversy.

He already has multi division success against elite comp (Sean, Izzy) along with gaining a belt and defending it.

He beats Ank, Tom he's the greatest LHW ever and vaults into MMA mount Rushmore.

Also his resume isn't filled to the brim with old guys.
LOL TS. I don't even know what to say. Are you really that unaware of mma history? SFucksake seriously not that Poaton is not awesome, but cool your jets man. He has a long way to go and you are not recognizing that simple, obvious fact.

He has 7 total wins the UFC, and only 3 since getting KO'd.

He'd be "well on his way" if he had a decade of dominance over the LHW division. As of right now, he's only just stepped out the door.

Yet if Jon jones and Alex fight today TS would only put money on jones!

shit here we go....poatards are the new khabot fans. let pereira fight some genuine wrestlers first. he's not touching the belt in the jones/dc era. he's also thriving in the weakest time period of lhw division. texeira not touching the belt until 2021 should highlight that.

Goat of cheaters only
he's the goat lhw undisputably, no matter how you stroke it. probably goat fighter if we are being blunt too. you gotta be hella naive to think that your other goats didn't use some sort of ped, jones was only caught because he was a dumbass unlike the others that are esteemed to be better than him p4p

He already has multi division success against elite comp (Sean, Izzy) along with gaining a belt and defending it.

He beats Ank, Tom he's the greatest LHW ever and vaults into MMA mount Rushmore.

I like Alex, hate Jones, and think you're really stretching it with this one.

Jones ruled LHW for a decade.
Alex has been in the UFC for 2.5 years.

That said, there's never been a fighter who's made a bigger impact than Alex in only 2.5 years.

If we are talking LHW legacy only, what Alex does at MW or HW is irrelevant
Alex's 3 wins at LHW are Jan Błachowicz, Jiří Procházka and Jamahal Hill. He has one title defense in he division.

At LHW, you have Chuck Liddell with 4 title defenses
Tito Ortiz with 5 title defenses
DC with 3 title defenses

And then you have Pride legends like Shogun Rua, Rampage Jackson who also achieved the belt at LHW in he UFC

Not to take anything away from Alex Pereira who is a legend, but he is far from being the greatest LHW, not even top 5
well written, you just forgot my boy, wandy!!!

but taking a geriatric jan to a decision, koing jiri and hill(who couldn't ko geriatric glover) is not enough to put poatan in the top 5. when you put poatan's resume to other lhw greats, it really screams its value

is jan not old? he hardly beat him....trust me, you do not wanna play revisionist history comparing jones and poatan's resumes. fucking rashad evans is better than any 205er that poatan has squared up against.

He has a huge hole in his game that's just waiting to get exploited. Jon Jones was and is insanely difficult to figure out - Poatan is not.

well written, you just forgot my boy, wandy!!!

but taking a geriatric jan to a decision, koing jiri and hill(who couldn't ko geriatric glover) is not enough to put poatan in the top 5. when you put poatan's resume to other lhw greats, it really screams its value
Thanks! I am pretty sure TS is trolling though, but I posted a response anyway on why Poatan is not even near the top of all time greats at LHW.. If it was a serious post, I am just assuming he hasn't been around to witness the LHW era at its peak ages.

Realistically, even if Alex defends his LHW strap more than 10 times, it still wouldn't match Jones legacy at LHW. The LHW division today just isn't like what it was before.

Not that it should mater, Alex has a great legacy across 2 combat sports, but to say he is the GOAT LHW is insane lol

You are much to nice in your reply. St Jones is rubbing off on you

This thread and it's title is heretical

Just to add, Alex is a fucking G and I'd love to see him smash 'wank the dogs' once more at 205
Thanks. TS has committed great blasphemy to our Lord and savior Saint Jones. But when people commit blasphemy against Jesus, what are we taught to do? We are taught to educate, forgive and convince them to accept Jesus into their hearts, rather than mock and insult them. Gospel of Saint Jones is all about forgiving and being kind

Thanks! I am pretty sure TS is trolling though, but I posted a response anyway on why Poatan is not even near the top of all time greats at LHW.. If it was a serious post, I am just assuming he hasn't been around to witness the LHW era at its peak ages.

Realistically, even if Alex defends his LHW strap more than 10 times, it still wouldn't match Jones legacy at LHW. The LHW division today just isn't like what it was before.

Not that it should mater, Alex has a great legacy across 2 combat sports, but to say he is the GOAT LHW is insane lol
agreed 100%. jones singlehandely stopped DC from being the goat. pretty sure, we would of have had a lot more individuals in the "goat" debates if it weren't for jones clobbering them up

I like Pereira but he will never in a million years accomplish what Jones did. He's too old. Jones took an entire career to do what he did. And if won't be surpassed by anyone who doesn't get into the sport young.

he's the goat lhw undisputably, no matter how you stroke it. probably goat fighter if we are being blunt too. you gotta be hella naive to think that your other goats didn't use some sort of ped, jones was only caught because he was a dumbass unlike the others that are esteemed to be better than him p4p
Lolololol. Just accept your fake goat needed performance enhancing drugs unlike most fighters.

Back