Poirier says he checked one of McGregor's kicks. When?

This. Might not have been the cleanest check but Dustin turned his knee out. Sucks that it ended this way. I wanted Conor to get punished but it is what it is. At least we saw Conor bite a bit more than he could chew for those couple of minutes he was on his back.

His guard was not terrible to be honest. More attempts to get up over massive upkicks and he might have been ok. I think his foot was done so he went for the panic guillotine.

He didn't check a kick, but he pulled his leg back and Conor landed with the foot.

For me it's a freak injury and I don't think of it as win.
Fortunately, your opinion is biased shit that holds no bearing.

Conor got punched twice and gave up. Ate a couple more then dove into Dustin's arms in a clinching panic, his arms gripping down just as tight as his sphincter did.

Conor knew right then, it was over. Dustin punched him twice and Conor was done.

I for one revel in your mental gymnastics, and can't wait for you in the weeks to come to try to play this off as some sort of moral victory. You parrot Conor's retarded sayings, lose the battle win the war type shit.

Well, Conor got destroyed and exposed, he will likely never fight again, and his while career has been a brown stain on the underwear of mma. Congrats on supporting a mentally weak loser, as Cocainor would say, "game recognizes game."

Dustin was beating him up but for him to take credit for the injury was weak. He beat Conor and embarrassed him but he didn’t willingly TKO him.

You can literally see the check a few posts up and Poirier pointing because he felt the damage

sherbro conor nuthuggers is on full alert damage control...

Yeah not impossible, but I find it highly unlikely the leg break was a consequence of this... Foot lands clean, no wince, no grimace.. hot take..
conorkick-extra-slow.gif

His guard was not terrible to be honest. More attempts to get up over massive upkicks and he might have been ok. I think his foot was done so he went for the panic guillotine.
It wasn’t terrible, but it wasn’t good. The elbows were all he had. And the glove grabs. But yeah the leg might have attributed to that. That guillotine looked like an attempt from a YouTube video. I think he blew his remaining load after attempting it.

Even considering Conor was going to lose anyway? He showed tonight he has nothing for Dustin. Got mauled on the ground. Lost most of the striking exchanges. All he had were kicks that were tiring himself out.
We don't know he was going to lose, if I had to bet my house on it? yeah I think Dustin was more likely gonna win, I don't agree that he lost most of the striking exchanges though, I'd say Conor was winning the stand up, not by much but he had landed more damaging shots up until the guillotine attempt.

Conor just doesn't seem to be able to get out of the way like he used too, he can still throw with danger, and I doubt it's a physical thing, I'd blame his boxing centric training that changed his defensive instincts.

You can literally see the check a few posts up and Poirier pointing because he felt the damage

Oh snap I kept seeing people say this and only now did I pay attention. He definitely knew something was up. Not sure that was a great check though.

It wasn’t terrible, but it wasn’t good. The elbows were all he had. And the glove grabs. But yeah the leg might have attributed to that. That guillotine looked like an attempt from a YouTube video. I think he blew his remaining load after attempting it.

One thing worth mentioning is if Poirer lets Charles grab his neck like that he is not getting it back. Charles is excellent and would have inverted to mount of the cage. I even believe he has before.

We don't know he was going to lose, if I had to bet my house on it? yeah I think Dustin was more likely gonna win, I don't agree that he lost most of the striking exchanges though, I'd say Conor was winning the stand up, not by much but he had landed more damaging shots up until the guillotine attempt.

Conor just doesn't seem to be able to get out of the way like he used too, he can still throw with danger, and I doubt it's a physical thing, I'd blame his boxing centric training that changed his defensive instincts.
Conor was only winning the kicking portion. Once Poirier let loose and got the takedown. Conor looked like he was gassing. His hands didn’t look near as good as the 2nd fight.

IT'S A WIN. If I trained for months creating micro-fractures that I did not allow to heal properly and recklessly threw kicks that don't land cleanly, and my leg breaks like that, that's my fault. He'll, ignore the first sentence if you like, if I hurt myself trying to hit anybody and I break my bones, that's a loss on my part.
I'm not saying it shouldn't be classed as a win, but I'm never gonna think of it in the same light as both men's previous wins over each other.

It was a very exciting competitive fight until the leg break.

It wasn't him checking, just an accident. Happens sometimes, nothing can be done about it. I wouldn't put too much weight on (pun) what Poirier's saying right after a fight. Overeem was sure Stipe tapped. It's too hectic.

Conor was only winning the kicking portion. Once Poirier let loose and got the takedown. Conor looked like he was gassing. His hands didn’t look near as good as the 2nd fight.
I'd say the hands were about even and Conor was ahead on kicks, not that it matters really but I'm just glad to see a few people can actually discuss the fight without allowing their hatred to cloud their judgement.

One thing worth mentioning is if Poirer lets Charles grab his neck like that he is not getting it back. Charles is excellent and would have inverted to mount of the cage. I even believe he has before.
Oh I agree. Dustin won’t fight Charles on the ground though. At least not on his terms. I think he’d fight him the way he wanted to fight Khabib.

Sometimes we have trouble coming to terms with passive wins like this. And I feel it too sometimes, it's normal. But really that's gotta be considered just as much a win as any other way. It's not like he slipped on a banana peel, he hurt himself throwing with power; bone on bone.

Thanks.

That's it?
I think McGregor kicked his knee and it fucked his ankle. Super common if you're just a little short on the kick.

No way his ankle folds like that if it's not compromised

Yeah not impossible, but I find it highly unlikely the leg break was a consequence of this... Foot lands clean, no wince, no grimace.. hot take..
conorkick-extra-slow.gif

That wasn't clean, and you certainly don't want that part of your foot making contact. You kick with your shin, not your foot.

Back