Poirier vs Duffy is a decent fight to make money

VroomyJeeps

Brown Belt
@Brown
Reaction score
Duffy is going to dominate Poirier and on some websites the odds are not that great for Duffy, some under -200. Poirier has next to no chance of winning this fight. Duffy is literally better at everything.

Don't expect a close contested fight, expect a one sided beating from Duffy. If this is Poriers last fight on his contract he might be going to Bellator soon because the UFC is going to lowball him after this loss.

So if you are wrong here can I expect you to post much more in this thread after it is bumped?

Please give your logic as well. Duffy's boxing looks good but Poirier has KO'd more people. Poirier has the heavier hands so it seems to me that it is just as likely that Poirier will win this fight if it comes down to striking. Since they are both awesome at grappling I think there is a good chance that neither will be able to win that way so as a result it will come down to striking. The question is will it go all 3 rounds or will there be a finish? Both guys seem to press the action so I'm going to guess that there will be a finish in the second or third round.

Duffy is going to dominate Poirier and on some websites the odds are not that great for Duffy, some under -200. Poirier has next to no chance of winning this fight. Duffy is literally better at everything.

Don't expect a close contested fight, expect a one sided beating from Duffy. If this is Poriers last fight on his contract he might be going to Bellator soon because the UFC is going to lowball him after this loss.
You are just asking to end up with egg on your face.

Small problem with your reasoning....sure on paper Duffy should be more skilled in most areas, but Dustin has fought far better competition for much longer than Duff..Experience counts for a lot.

Duff has 2 or 3 good wins, his best being Conor, who would stop him in 2 minutes if they fought today.

Please give your logic as well. Duffy's boxing looks good but Poirier has KO'd more people. Poirier has the heavier hands so it seems to me that it is just as likely that Poirier will win this fight if it comes down to striking. Since they are both awesome at grappling I think there is a good chance that neither will be able to win that way so as a result it will come down to striking. The question is will it go all 3 rounds or will there be a finish? Both guys seem to press the action so I'm going to guess that there will be a finish in the second or third round.

No. Duffys striking is much better. He's a better boxer and has a tkd background. He's also much better on the ground. It may go a decision if Poirier can manage to survive. Dustin is not going to finish Duffy I can pretty much guarantee that. Duffy is a much better fighter and it will be obvious after the first minute or two.

I don't think you understand how betting lines work. Poirier definitely has a chance to win the fight. It his is 5th out of a 6 fight contract. So what are you betting? $100 to win $50? $10 to win $5? Hilarious...

I put $5,000 sherdog cash on Duffy

In reality, this is a "who the fuck knows" fight.

I don't get these guarantee threads.

I don't think you understand how betting lines work. Poirier definitely has a chance to win the fight. It his is 5th out of a 6 fight contract. So what are you betting? $100 to win $50? $10 to win $5? Hilarious...

I know exactly how mma betting works I've done it for years. 100 to win 50 on such an easy to pick fight is great odds, you just really dont understand betting if you think otherwise. duffy should be -300 at least.

I know exactly how mma betting works I've done it for years. 100 to win 50 on such an easy to pick fight is great odds, you just really dont understand betting if you think otherwise. duffy should be -300 at least.

No, you're the one who doesn't understand betting lines. Notice how you didn't mention how much you're betting? So you're betting $100? Care to take a picture of your betting slip? I thought so...

I sure HOPE Duffy wins dude but I could never be as sure as you are in a million years!

No, you're the one who doesn't understand betting lines. Notice how you didn't mention how much you're betting? So you're betting $100? Care to take a picture of your betting slip? I thought so...

You sound simple. I don't understand how betting lines work because I didn't post how much I bet? Nice logic there.
Just watch the fight it's tomorrow, and feel free to come apologize once Duffy wins.

You sound simple. I don't understand how betting lines work because I didn't post how much I bet? Nice logic there.
Just watch the fight it's tomorrow, and feel free to come apologize once Duffy wins.

You don't understand how betting lines work because you think Duffy is a better bet than Poirier because you know Duffy will win. Why wouldn't I be watching the fights? Still waiting on that betting slip picture and for you to say how much you bet...

You don't understand how betting lines work because you think Duffy is a better bet than Poirier because you know Duffy will win. Why wouldn't I be watching the fights? Still waiting on that betting slip picture and for you to say how much you bet...

You realize you don't make any sense when you type? I'm posting here telling you Duffy is going to win, that's good enough. You can go look in the vcash section of sherdog and see that I bet 10k on Duffy. It's not like I made this account yesterday.

What exactly would posting a betting slip prove?

Small problem with your reasoning....sure on paper Duffy should be more skilled in most areas, but Dustin has fought far better competition for much longer than Duff..Experience counts for a lot.

Duff has 2 or 3 good wins, his best being Conor, who would stop him in 2 minutes if they fought today.
Except Duffy isn't some wide-eyed rookie like a Sage Northcutt.

Back