Poirier vs McGregor 2 shows what Prime Aldo would’ve done against Conor

ElCasca

Brown Belt
@Brown
Reaction score
Aldo with his reflexes in his prime, when he had a great chin, would simply slip Conor’s punches, eat some but stay active, and leg kick him to death.
Too bad we only saw wornout Aldo with a chin weakened by that Prime Mendes war.

agyPSN.gif

Lmfao not a chance, Conor wasn't as agile in this scrap like his previous fights, he was more flat footed and acceptable to leg kicks and not bouncing around so he can bounce backwards and easily avoid the leg kick, would of ended the same regardless.

Lmfao not a chance, Conor wasn't as agile in this scrap like his previous fights, he was more flat footed and acceptable to leg kicks and not bouncing around so he can bounce backwards and easily avoid the leg kick, would of ended the same regardless.
I agree, Conor looked way slower than normal and had a weird striking approach to it. Perhaps his time is done, we wont know for sure until we see how he looks in his next fight.

TS you are a moron.

No. Prime Conor is long gone as well. You can pit them 10 times for the fw belt and Conor will sleep him more times than not. Was Aldo in his prime when he fought Conor? No. But styles make fights and Conor was always a bit faster and that is a deal breaker at that level.

Had they rematched, while it may have ended with McNugget winning, I doubt it would have been a 14 second knock out. I dont want to call it a fluke but I mean, Randleman Vs Crocop. Shit happens.

Meh, aldo fought very stupid. Had nothing to do with primes. He let conor get in his head and got punched in the face

Reactions: Yep
His chin was fine versus Conor, it was just a perfectly placed punch. Unless you're samoan, that shot ko's everyone.

Lw Dustin is way bigger than Aldo ever was. He was shredded against Conor.
He also implemented a TD, solid clinch work etc. You can't compare them.

Shoulda coulda woulda TS, there's not much Aldo COULD have done given how he was KO'ED IN 13 SECONDS!

Had they rematched, while it may have ended with McNugget winning, I doubt it would have been a 14 second knock out. I dont want to call it a fluke but I mean, Randleman Vs Crocop. Shit happens.

Conor has shown nothing after his Aldo fight to suggest that.

last saturday's conor was veery far from peak conor tho.

prime Conor smoked prime also in a couple of seconds.

Conor has shown nothing after his Aldo fight to suggest that.

To suggest what? Aldo was FW GOAT at the time. McGregor never fought at 145 again. You really think if they fought a second time it would have been a sub 20 second knock out?

So Conor gets sparked by Dustin (Who he beat at FW) and now Conor's old and flatfooted so that's the excuse? Man, fanboys are something else. Hypocrisy at its finest.

Capoeira Conor is the new TRT Vitor and Motivated BJ Penn.

Conor has benefited for years from favorable matchmaking. As soon as Dana saw him as a draw, he got fast tracked to a title shot then he splits a pair with Diaz, KO's Alverez (Ill give him that one but I think Eddie was on the decline by then) and then gets mauled by Khabib, fights the ghost of Cerrone and then gets KTFO by Dustin.

Look up overrated in the dictionary, Conor's picture is there.

Conor had a different style, played way more headgames, and is just bigger, more powerful hitter at 145lbs then 55. He simply doesn't carry the same amount of power. Eddie Alvarez has always gotten wobbled even in his prime and Cerrone crumbles in every big fight.
I think Aldo COULD have beaten Conor, but in many ways it was always a bad matchup for him. People mentioning the leg kicks, sure, but Aldo is not a southpaw like Dustin, and doesn't have the same outside kick available to him, and never through calve kicks anyway

Back