Poirier won rd 1

Imagine a balloon filled with hot air and ready to pop, that was Conor he put a good display but he was on the verge of breaking! DP is getting better and better!

I see a lot of "Conor was winning till he lost" narrative (not necessarily on Sherdog, but in my family and circle of friends and coworkers. I even heard a couple people talking about it in line at costco)

Poirier out grappled him and had him on the fence for almost half the rd. Poirier got hit with 1 solid shot but other than that he controlled everything and took him down too. Also killed his legs.

I'm a McGregor fan so im not trying to kick him while he's down but he lost almost every moment of that fight. McGregor got beat worse than he did by Khabib.
Eh. It was very close. I thought Conor edged the first, but I wouldn't argue too much if you thought Poirier won it.

I don't think McGregor did enough in round 1 to negate the weight of being taken down with little resistance and having his legs shredded. I'm dumb and that's my opinion.

htghigsiTE="Mat, post: 163485216, member: 357171"]I don't think McGregor did enough in round 1 to negate the weight of being taken down with little resistance and having his legs shredded. I'm dumb and that's my opinion.[/QUOTE]
With hindsight I agree of course. But at the time it wouldve taken a very savvy eye and a little bit of speculation/conjecture to realize how damaged Conor's leg was. Maybe if he limped back to his corner I could see that. I think his leg did slip on 1 or 2 of the kicks in the 1st round though.

I give a slight edge to Conor. If Dustin had rocked Conor and landed abt 5-10 more decent punches then I'd give it to him for sure though

I thought both fighters had their moments in Rd-1, so I gave it to both 10-10 even.

Oh, what an edgy take!!! Jesus Christ.....Unbelievable..... TS is in that 48% minority who thought Dustin won round 1? What a rebel, and a fucking badass!!! I cannot wait to see his fight breakdown. Surely it's original and thought provoking..

Now we are just fucking straight trolling even more than the stupid threads saying Dustin is the best boxer and best striker and best everything lmao... Conor easily won round 1... shit wasnt even close.... Dustin almost got finished, he said so himself in the post fight presser, that he was 1 punch away from being in big trouble. I need to start making threads along the lines of "Conor has the strongest legs in MMA" threads just for views or something, shouldn't feel left out of the stupidity

Lol almost got finished

I didn’t think it was a hard round to score—Conor won the round. But by the end, he was breathing very heavy, and a Poirier didn’t seem concerned about Conor’s punches nearly as much. Conor took rd , but one could see that shit was about to get interesting.

All 3 judges gave the round to McGregor.

All 3 Sherdog PBPers (generally the best part of this website is the PBP and their scoring) gave it to McGregor.

It wasn't a lopsided round, but as someone who prefers more 10-10s and draws rather than split decisions, that round belonged to McGregor as a 10-9.

I am an unapologetic Conrad hater, but I give him the 1st round. Yes DP got the TD but he didn't do much with it, except more importantly drain Conrad's tank for the cumulative effect. Not saying Conrad won by a huge margin by he outstruck Dustinf by at least 3-4 punches if memory serves
porier actually outlander him 17-15 round one

i thought dustin won it too

your crazy if you think the judges would give a rd to dustin no matter what he did dustin was never gonna win if he didnt get a KO or tap

porier actually outlander him 17-15 round one

Not all strikes are equal and I thought Conrad threw and landed the harder strikes. Again it wasn't by a huge margin but I thought he won the battle while Dustin won the war

Nope.

Take the win, but don't just make things up. Conor pretty clearly won the striking and clinch work with the harder, cleaner shots, meanwhile he popped up pretty effortlessly from the takedown.

Fight Metrics had Dustin with a significant strike count edge and he had a takedown.

The judges gave Conor the first round because he is Conor and give the edge in rounds that seem close.View attachment 830006

Lol at saying Poirier won the 1st for landing 2 more significant strikes, while completely ignoring that he overall landed... 16 less strikes than McGregor in the 1st.

Seems relevant if you're claiming he won the striking.

Not all strikes are equal and I thought Conrad threw and landed the harder strikes. Again it wasn't by a huge margin but I thought he won the battle while Dustin won the war
this is true , however I think the calf kicks Dustin landed did more damage then any of the strikes conor landed so I edged the first round in his favour , super close round but I think the narrative that conor won is because of the forward pressure not so much the strikes he landed

this is true , however I think the calf kicks Dustin landed did more damage then any of the strikes conor landed so I edged the first round in his favour , super close round but I think the narrative that conor won is because of the forward pressure not so much the strikes he landed
Fair enough

Nope.

Take the win, but don't just make things up. Conor pretty clearly won the striking and clinch work with the harder, cleaner shots, meanwhile he popped up pretty effortlessly from the takedown.

Popped up effortlessly? Lol try again

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hardscarf
Back