Pokémon Sword/Shield Officially Announced

Its basically the Marvel of Japan at this point, people dont care if they pump out the same shit that they've made for the past 2 decades. Their fanbase is loyal
Is this a franchise you've played each iteration of?

Hopefully they shake things up like they did with Black/White and Sun/Moon.

Sun and Moon shit on the nostalgia and changed a lot of the outdated parts. This should be awesome.

Sup Slick, long time no see.

Sun and Moon were definitely a breath of fresh air in a lot of aspects, but one thing that needs to be addressed is the damn handholding and difficulty. I understand they want each game to be accessible to the young players, but it's a slap to the face of veteran players to not even give an option for no tutorials or a smarter computer AI. For the last 8-9 years I've been making the games fun by implementing my own challenges/handicaps. Would be nice not to have to do that for a change.

Sun and Moon were definitely a breath of fresh air in a lot of aspects, but one thing that needs to be addressed is the damn handholding and difficulty. I understand they want each game to be accessible to the young players, but it's a slap to the face of veteran players to not even give an option for no tutorials or a smarter computer AI. For the last 8-9 years I've been making the games fun by implementing my own challenges/handicaps. Would be nice not to have to do that for a change.

I'd love it if they had an equivalent to the draconian rules in dragon quest 11. There needs to be some difficulty options for people who have played every game.

Just started Lets Go, and I HATE the fact that you cannot battle the wild pokemon. Catch only, wtf? Hopefully that is changed in Sword/Shield. Catching the same pokemon over and over again for XP without battles is silly to me. I just defeated Brock.

Couple questions: do the wild pokemon always show as their base color, even if they're shiny? Or will a shiny have it's unique color scheme on the world map?
For S/S I will probably pick Scorbunny. I usually go with the fire starter. Shame they didn't mix up the starter types, but oh well.
@Slick_36

Just started Lets Go, and I HATE the fact that you cannot battle the wild pokemon. Catch only, wtf? Hopefully that is changed in Sword/Shield. Catching the same pokemon over and over again for XP without battles is silly to me. I just defeated Brock.

Couple questions: do the wild pokemon always show as their base color, even if they're shiny? Or will a shiny have it's unique color scheme on the world map?
For S/S I will probably pick Scorbunny. I usually go with the fire starter. Shame they didn't mix up the starter types, but oh well.

Let's Go is linked to Go so no battles with wild Pokemon. In the trailer, the trainer calls out Mincinno against a wild Pikachu so I think we're good.

Also in the trailer, Pokemon don't show up on the map so that appears to be staying the same. In Let's Go, the version that you see on the map is the version that you will be able to catch if you engage with it.

Last edited:

@Slick_36
It will be a traditional random encounters, the the other main series game. Lets go mechanic was cool, but it made it even easier. It did make finding shinys alot easier.

Let's Go is linked to Go so no battles with wild Pokemon. In the trailer, the trainer calls out Mincinno against a wild Pikachu so I think we're good.

Also in the trailer, Pokemon don't show up on the map so that appears to be staying the same. In Let's Go, the version that you see on the map is the version that you will be able to catch if you engage with it.
Okay, I got you. Let's Go is a weird hybrid re-make of Red/Blue/Yellow, with PKMN Go mechanics, makes sense now. IDK if I'll even play through this entire game then. About to battle Misty though.

Ultra Sun was honestly kinda challenging, my team got their ass beat a few times even though my team was pretty good.

looking forward to this, have held off on let’s go hoping that a proper game would be out semi soon. Hopefully it lives up to the expectations

Back