Pokemon: Detective Pikachu

Are Team Rocket from Pokemon? I remember I thought they were kinda funny, they could potentially have some funny scenes with Reynolds.

I'm actually gonna go see this in the theatre and I hate going to the theatre. Looks awesome.

Has anyone found a midnight showing anywhere?

Sounds like it’s getting average reviews. Kinda bums me out. I’ll probably still go see it next weekend though.

Sounds like it’s getting average reviews. Kinda bums me out. I’ll probably still go see it next weekend though.

The human actors are pretty weak in this movie and it definitely hurts the film a bit. But as a pokemon fan there is a lot to enjoy and the story is decent enough to have a fun time with it for an hour and a half. I'd give it a 7/10, pretty good overall but needed a stronger cast. Ryan Reynolds definitely carries it as Pikachu

Update: May 12, 2019

DETECTIVE PIKACHU Debuts to Solid $58 Million Amid Avengers: Endgame Reign

Legendary Entertainment and Warner Bros.' Detective Pikachu still made a solid bow with $58 million in North American ticket sales in 4,202 theaters. Young men showed up in the biggest numbers, with males making up 56 percent of the audience, 57 percent of which were under 25.

The first live-action Pokemon movie earned above-average reviews, with 63 percent fresh on review aggregator Rotten Tomatoes, and the film faired even better with audiences, snagging an A- CinemaScore.

Ryan Reynolds voice stars as the titular Pikachu in the movie that sees the popular Pokemon team up with a human counterpart, Tim (Justice Smith), who has the ability to understand what Pikachu is saying. Together, they set off to solve the mystery of Tim's missing father. Goosebumps director Rob Letterman is behind the first live-action Pokemon movie that also stars Kathryn Newton, Bill Nighy and Chris Geere.

https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/n...hu-catches-58m-avengers-endgame-reign-1209874

Red boxed it as , I haven't set up cable or internet yet in new place.

Surprisingly good. Charming cast . CGI was meh. But it was a fun flick.

Back