Polaris 5 post fight talk?

Luke Rockholds (?) kick

Carmen_basilio's_left_hook
@White
Reaction score
Just discuss Polaris 5 and your thoughts aside from Brad picket and Phil Harris snorfest.

Tonon schooled Danis and trolled mcgregor
Shield is a beast
Uno slept
AJ classeless

Shaolin put on a crispy display of jiu jitsu. That was the best match imo. I also thought Oliver Taza showed an awesome job of constantly attacking different things and switching up offense despite not getting the submission. AJ Agazarm looked really solid. I heard Imanari looked great on the undercard.

Tonon vs Danis was a bit of a letdown. I think Danis is great but it looked like he was out there more not to lose than to win. I liked the sort of Caio Terra foot lock control that Tonon was using, but with an underhook/scoop grip instead of an overhook on the ankle. That was interesting. I was surprised that Danis basically only went for the back on that one exchange. He has several opening to take risk and hop onto a guillotine or a brabo choke. He's very good at those. But he seemed to be content with backing out frequently. I was also surprised how Tonon gave Danis SLX/ashi a couple of times and Danis didn't do anything with it.

I thought their first match was much better but I am interested to see Danis vs Gordon Ryan at ADCC next month.

Shaolin put on a crispy display of jiu jitsu. That was the best match imo. I also thought Oliver Taza showed an awesome job of constantly attacking different things and switching up offense despite not getting the submission. AJ Agazarm looked really solid. I heard Imanari looked great on the undercard.

Tonon vs Danis was a bit of a letdown. I think Danis is great but it looked like he was out there more not to lose than to win. I liked the sort of Caio Terra foot lock control that Tonon was using, but with an underhook/scoop grip instead of an overhook on the ankle. That was interesting. I was surprised that Danis basically only went for the back on that one exchange. He has several opening to take risk and hop onto a guillotine or a brabo choke. He's very good at those. But he seemed to be content with backing out frequently. I was also surprised how Tonon gave Danis SLX/ashi a couple of times and Danis didn't do anything with it.

I thought their first match was much better but I am interested to see Danis vs Gordon Ryan at ADCC next month.
I agree with you it seemed as though DILLION was more trying to survive rather than win him backing out. Is not bad he can't get heel hooked like he did in adcc but he wasn't fighting to win. More or less trying to survive as for the Pickett match what a boring snorefest wasn't brads fault at all and he won that, but IMO DILLION didn't try hard enough to win he never let Gary get the reap or waiter sweep so he did a good job but just didn't have a sense of urgency.

Gordon Ryan definitely beats Danis. He's all juiced up and will be a nightmare for most in the 88kg division

"Everyones on steroids."

- Kenny Florian

Ryan is the last person in BJJ I would suspect of not taking steroids.

Only defense one could offer for Ryan is that he's only 22 years-old, and 20-23 is an age where many men go through their final growth spurt by 'filling out.' If he started a heavy S&C regimen at the same time, it's not unreasonable that he would bulk up.

Danaher team better be training their sweeps and takedowns, because that Danis gameplan seems certain to be used against them at ADCC.

Danaher team better be training their sweeps and takedowns, because that Danis gameplan seems certain to be used against them at ADCC.
It is just a rumor so take it with a grain of salt but I heard they are training mostly wrestling with some chokes and back attacks off the front headlock. But mostly offensive and defensive wrestling.

Back