Crime Police chief says cutting more than $12M from police budget request could impact response times in the city

Oh yeah, they tried that in several cities here after George St Kirby OD'd. A bunch of cops retired and nobody else wanted to join, so they ended up with fewer cops who had to work overtime, then crime spiked and it ended up costing more money because the cops that were still there had to work overtime, so the "defund the police" leftied tried to take credit for the added expense, like paying more for less was their plan all along.
12.6m out of 1.2 billion dollars

1%

In my business, our trade and marketing spend got cut 10-20%

Context and materiality matters

They cut $600 million from the budget. I assume we're going to get a thread on all of the budget cuts?

Also:

Plus they can still hire 200 new officers.

I hate clickbait thread titles. You guys seem to love them.
@GoldenWolf87 in particular posts stuff without substance or reasoning

Oh yeah, they tried that in several cities here after George St Kirby OD'd. A bunch of cops retired and nobody else wanted to join, so they ended up with fewer cops who had to work overtime, then crime spiked and it ended up costing more money because the cops that were still there had to work overtime, so the "defund the police" leftied tried to take credit for the added expense, like paying more for less was their plan all along.
There are already getting a ton of hand me down military gear. If you support wasting tax dollars then sure give the police blank checks.
One of the most popular items acquired by police departments is the Mine-Resistant Ambush Protected vehicle, or MRAP. Over the past decade, over 1,000 of these vehicles were transferred from the military to law enforcement agencies. This includes places like Monett, Missouri (population 9,000), which is on record as receiving two MRAP vehicles.
Why does a town of 9,000 people need 2 of those vehicles. I think the police should have enough to do their job, but also think they should not use tax dollars for shit they dont need.
All these giant departments have lots of waste, but we only get angry at the ones that support out political beliefs.

Well Toronto voted in a progressive mayor, now Toronto's mayor Chow is planning to cut 12Million from the Police Budget.
This could impact response times in the City..

This could be quite concerning for those living in Toronto.
As it could likely impact hiring plan the way how the police in Toronto could put more officers in the streets.

Nothing says like fixing a broken city by cutting the police budget..

Police chief says cutting more than $12M from police budget request could impact response times in the city

Police chief's are always going to complain and be drama queens. The police budget in Toronto is 1.28 Billion of something like that. 12 million is a very small sum in the greater picture. Surely there are other areas that could be trimmed before response times are affected.

Police chief sounds like an ass.

The Toronto police department is incredibly crooked. The union pays private investigators to find dirt on city councilmen they dislike. They do the same with RCMP agents they judge to be unfriendly. It's run like the mob.

A while ago, New Orleans policemen sent representatives to Toronto so they could learn how their union works.

Is this the department that had their own bar?
It is. Poor guys had to shut it down.

@GoldenWolf87 in particular posts stuff without substance or reasoning
I did post clearly and if you haven't noticed in the article.
Even a 12 Million cut seems as bad as it could make their responses slow.
that a proposed $12.6 million cut from the force’s requested budget could slow response times and “imperil” the service’s ability to ensure public safety.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JonSable
Back