Crime Police Officer gives brutal slam to suspect for spitting at him, Brutal slam included

I mean if the dude spit in his face, I see why he slammed him.

But at the same time, the police officer is supposed to respond with a proportional response which this clearly isn't. And on cement, the guy could have been seriously injured or worse. Cop deserves some internal punishment and some anger management lessons.

Still though, sometimes you gotta slam a dude - someone spits in a cops face, they face a stupid tax.
LOL exactly. some scumbag spits on you and yea, slamming them isnt technically the "textbook" thing to do as a cop, but what man is actually going to get mad him for that response? Guy should consider himself lucky he didn't get a couple follow up soccer kicks.

But thats exactly why I don't care with out knowing what the actual backstory/follow up is.

perp could have kneed the officer in the nuts resisting or something too

As someone who wrestled many years and has seen people die from slams on concrete, I just can't justify this. I get it, spitting is one of the lowest things a person could do and he deserved having his ass handed to him, but this could easily have killed him. I guess I just don't believe in the death penalty for something like that, especially decided on the spot.

Slams scare the shit out of me and I really regret the ones I did myself in my youth. I was foolish and didn't respect the art.

Truth.. but no video of the provocation, convenient.
as someone stated people start filming after shit pops off or is clear to pop off

this is why all cops should be required to have working bodycams whenever on patrol and for traffic stops. It protects both parties

I body-slammed a guy a long time ago; he pushed in front of me in a que, and when I went to pull him back, he elbowed me in the ribs. I lost it, picked him and slammed him onto the pavement. Head wound and a lot of blood, but he wasn't all the way out.

These days I'd just call him a cunt and shrug it off. Not worth risking one's liberty for minor shit. I was damn lucky.

I may be wrong but spitting on anyone is generally charged as an assault. That being said, I understand why he did it, but there was a much better way of subduing the suspect.

If I did that to a guy after being spit on, I would be charged with a crime most likely
I’d expect the same for a police officer, but we all know it’s not like that in reality.
police need to be held to a higher standard

But I feel for the police these days, they get shit on left and right
I’ve seen a lot of really good cops, but sadly a lot of bad ones too.

People have to understand the fear of bodily fluids is real.....he took the perp down, but was too close to the curb. He is lucky the guy wasn’t seriously injured but there is no foul here. Totally sucks to be a cop now a Days. If I was a cop I wouldn’t go into the hood at all. They are getting water and piss thrown at them, garbage thrown at them, their cars wrecked.....fuck that.

The fact that the suspects head hit the curb is the most concerning part of the video.

Definitely overkill and reckless...he should be punished. Spit may hurt your pride but that comes with the territory

I remember during my previous training with my previous, utterly shit company, the trainer told us that we need to put up with verbal abuse.

So I asked...

"What about spit?"

She shrugged and said that it "was only spit"

So I told her that spitting on someone risks spreading disease and is an arrestable offense, so my union rep next to me butted in with a laugh, told me to be quiet and tried to move things on. I told her that it was serious but she wouldn't be quiet, so we all moved on.

Never looked at the trainer the same after that.

as someone stated people start filming after shit pops off or is clear to pop off

this is why all cops should be required to have working bodycams whenever on patrol and for traffic stops. It protects both parties

I think 1 police force in the UK did that and complaints against the officers dropped by 93%....

Spitting on people isn't very friendly, see what happens when you're not friendly

It must suck being a police office right now with all the virtue signals going off around you that you have to avoid while doing your job.

I knew the regular snow flakes would be upset with the officer using excessive force and going overboard. Yet the other perspective to this and the one never told is the general public has no understanding that every time an officer responds to a situation in the field he or she is usually dealing with an unstable person who always thinks they are smarter than the officer. Basically do I think the officer could have diffused the situation using lesser force? Yes I do. Do I think the officer comes close to losing his job for this encounter? No and he shouldn't either.

Functional body cameras also require a tax paying hike and doing so does not please the casual citizen.

I really don't have a problem with police going that extra little bit further to rough up those that fuck with them on a personal level or put other people's health at risk. There are some really disgusting vile people out that deserve to get smacked around and I'm glad when it happens. Show police professional respect and most of the time they will do the same.

Back