Poll: 77% of Democrats with 4-Year Degrees Think Sex Not Determined at Birth (Gender Mega Thread)

Here's another example of knowledge not necessarily leading to wisdom.

I'm sure you're real wise when talking about gender and sexual dysphoria...from your farm.

When I hear someone say "Knowledge isn't the same as wisdom", I hear "I wasn't smart enough to hack it, so I have to have something to prop myself up because my opinions matter too"!

You're the Sesame Street of street smarts. Truth hurts.

Oh look, people who don't know the difference between biological sex and gender.

Time for another "trans are icky" thread for righties. Please put a tarp down fellas, someone will have to clean up over you.
Because science says if you are born a male, you are a male. If you are born a female, you are a female. You can't be born a male and become a female. Nor can you be born a female and become a male.

In very few cases, there may be something wrong genetically (an extra chromosome, a missing chromosome, etc).

But if you were born with the regular set of chromosomes, you are a male or female, simple as that.

Yes because referring to others as children is just wonderful for constructive discourse.

When you respond to an article without reading it, and then insult a group of people on a false basis who don't believe what you are representing them as believing, you open the door to insults.

Frankly, if I should be apologizing to anyone, it's to children.

If I post an article with the headline "77% of Republicans hate black people" when inside it merely points to a study showing that 77% of Republicans don't believe black people face meaningful racial discrimination, I would be guilty of what you all are and I would welcome your insults and slaps on the wrist.

If biological sex and gender are two separate things then why do trannies take powerful hormones and undergo major surgery to make their bodies physically mimic the gender they think they are?

This deranged ideology does not stand up to the most basic of logical scrutiny. You people are honestly on par with flat eathers.

Because science says if you are born a male, you are a male. If you are born a female, you are a female. You can't be born a male and become a female. Nor can you be born a female and become a male.

In very few cases, there may be something wrong genetically (an extra chromosome, a missing chromosome, etc).

But if you were born with the regular set of chromosomes, you are a male or female, simple as that.

That would make sense if every human was exactly the same genetically, but clearly that isn't the case. Men can have higher Estrogen and develop female traits, women can have high Testesterone and develop male traits. We're a sexually dimorphic species, and we're not all cookie cutter according to a standard off an assembly line.

The simple fact that you can have two men with wildly different hormonal makeups, temperaments, and empathetic and sympathetic emotional responses should make that abundantly clear. There's a reason why we tend to speak in ranges when it comes to acceptal hormonal levels, do you think that you can't deviate from those ranges? Why does TRT exist then?

Not all of them have regular intimacy with member of own sex , I guess: 77% is too much even for liberals.
They just agree with the concept that they teached them no matter how absurd they could possibly be.
In other words what they answer is what they think it is supposed to be the righteous answer

Some people believe that their arm doesn't belong to them. We don't allow that person to hack away at bits of themselves, in a desperate attempt to make reality conform to their delusion. Instead, we give them therapy in an attempt to bring their mind and their body into greater parity with each other.

The same standard applies for the transgender issue. Therapy has proven to be a more effective treatment, then mutilation. This is bore out by the rate of suicides that post-op transgendered people suffer. The most conservative suicide estimate is 40%, the highest estimate is as high as 80%. Regardless of who's numbers you use, it's obvious this is not an effective treatment.

As a matter of fact society DOES let them hack off their arm. Is their a law against that? If we left these people alone they would feel like a part of society and probably adjust rather well. The bigots who have nothing better to do are the ones who drive these people to hurt and kill themselves.

That would make sense if every human was exactly the same genetically, but clearly that isn't the case. Men can have higher Estrogen and develop female traits, women can have high Testesterone and develop male traits. We're a sexually dimorphic species, and we're not all cookie cutter according to a standard off an assembly line.

The simple fact that you can have two men with wildly different hormonal makeups, temperaments, and empathetic and sympathetic emotional responses should make that abundantly clear. There's a reason why we tend to speak in ranges when it comes to acceptal hormonal levels, do you think that you can't deviate from those ranges? Why does TRT exist then?
Your sex determines your levels of hormone production, not vice-versa. Other factors come into play as well, but hormone production does not affect your sex. Your sex is simply determined by two things: XX or XY

Now, can a man taking a bunch of estrogen act like a woman? Sure. Can a woman taking a bunch of testosterone act like a man? Of course. A human can act like a dog (and some degenerates do). Doesn't mean they are those things, or could ever hope to become them in the present day.

As a matter of fact society DOES let them hack off their arm. Is their a law against that? If we left these people alone they would feel like a part of society and probably adjust rather well. The bigots who have nothing better to do are the ones who drive these people to hurt and kill themselves.

How do you know that?

Your sex determines your levels of hormone production, not vice-versa. Other factors come into play as well, but hormone production does not affect your sex. Your sex is simply determined by two things: XX or XY

Now, can a man taking a bunch of estrogen act like a woman? Sure. Can a woman taking a bunch of testosterone act like a man? Of course. A human can act like a dog (and some degenerates do). Doesn't mean they are those things, or could ever hope to become them in the present day.

So according to you, because sex determines hormone production, men with naturally high levels of Estrogen production (approaching levels attained by women) shouldn't exist. In fact, it would be a scientific impossibility according to your logic. If you're XX you get Estrogen, and if you're XY you get testesterone, no exceptions.

<puh-lease75>

Man, I wish I could have such a juvenile knowledge of the human body. Biology would have been way simpler lmfao.

In B4 the bigoted circle jerk
Reality check delusional idiot.. Your party has issues. This is an issue. You really think the definition of "sex" or "male and female" needed to change over the last 15 years because your pop-culture God said so? Sorry there are normal people left concerned about the weirdness being obviously pushed by the media and those who fund them. Sorry you are blind.

If thinking this is weird makes you a bigot, that word has lost all meaning.

So according to you, because sex determines hormone production, men with naturally high levels of Estrogen production (approaching levels attained by women) shouldn't exist. In fact, it would be a scientific impossibility according to your logic. If you're XX you get Estrogen, and if you're XY you get testesterone, no exceptions.

<puh-lease75>

Man, I wish I could have such a juvenile knowledge of the human body. Biology would have been way simpler lmfao.
Sex is a factor in determining hormone production. Hormone production is not a factor in determining sex.

Instead of trying to be a smart ass, why don't you try understanding what I said and rebutting it?

Sex is a factor in determining hormone production. Hormone production is not a factor in determining sex.

Instead of trying to be a smart ass, why don't you try understanding what I said and rebutting it?

I would rebut your statement if it wasn't patently false by virtue of omission. Because the insinuation you're making is that sex is the primary determiner when it's very clearly not. If it were then low T wouldn't be a thing. Estrogen dominance wouldn't be a thing. Hell, high T wouldn't even be a thing because all males should be exactly the same by virtue of having a Y chromosome.

Are you really not seeing where you've reduced it down so far that you've effectly denied the existence of outliers here? That's what transgender people are, outliers. Because while you may be a male or female by virtue of chromosomes, your development is driven almost entirely by hormones utilizing those chromosomes as a guideline, not a hard and fast rule. That's the entire point.

I honestly don't really have a strong opinion. I am a college educated Dem but I don't understand why people care what other people do with their bodies. It's actually kind of bizarre to me
I'm not sure that anybody really cares, aside from the religious types. It's when they come up with 50 different genders that makes people scratch their heads.

As a matter of fact society DOES let them hack off their arm. Is their a law against that?
Yes there is. For example, female genital mutilation is illegal in the United States for any age under federal law.

It would also be a violation of a doctor's Hippocratic Oath. You know, the whole "First, do no harm" part.

If we left these people alone they would feel like a part of society and probably adjust rather well. The bigots who have nothing better to do are the ones who drive these people to hurt and kill themselves.
I'm sorry, but no.

If transgenderism is a mental illness, then we as society are doing the mentally ill no favors by allowing them to hack away bits of themselves in a vain attempt to make reality conform to their delusions. The sexual reassignment procedure is likely why transgender people are killing themselves in such high numbers.

If transgenderism isn't a mental illness, then they have just as much moral free agency as anyone else, and are fully responsible for their own actions and the contents of their own mind.

Regardless of what path you choose in this "either/or" dichotomy, the facts don't bear your arguments out.

I would rebut your statement if it wasn't patently false by virtue of omission. Because the insinuation you're making is that sex is the primary determiner when it's very clearly not. If it were then low T wouldn't be a thing. Estrogen dominance wouldn't be a thing. Hell, high T wouldn't even be a thing because all males should be exactly the same by virtue of having a Y chromosome.

Are you really not seeing where you've reduced it down so far that you've effectly denied the existence of outliers here? That's what transgender people are, outliers. Because while you may be a male or female by virtue of chromosomes, your development is driven almost entirely by hormones utilizing those chromosomes as a guideline, not a hard and fast rule. That's the entire point.
A male is not a person who has more testosterone than estrogen, a female is not a person who has more estrogen than testosterone. A male is a person who was born with XY chromosome, a female is a person who was born with XX chromosomes. It's as simple as that.

And technically, as long as a person was born with a Y chromosome are genotypically considered males, even if they have an extra X chromosome.

If you have a XY chromosome, you can not become a female. If you have a XX chromosome, you can not become a male. At least not in the present day.

A male is not a person who has more testosterone than estrogen, a female is not a person who has more estrogen than testosterone. A male is a person who was born with XY chromosome, a female is a person who was born with XX chromosomes. It's as simple as that.

And technically, as long as a person was born with a Y chromosome are genotypically considered males, even if they have an extra X chromosome.

If you have a XY chromosome, you can not become a female. If you have a XX chromosome, you can not become a male. At least not in the present day.

Great, you seem to have a good grasp on sex. Good for you.

Now let's talk about gender, like in the topic. Or should we start talking about the mating habits of Cougars so we can keep on this tangent of talking about shit that doesn't pertain to the content in the thread?

I honestly don't really have a strong opinion. I am a college educated Dem but I don't understand why people care what other people do with their bodies. It's actually kind of bizarre to me

No one cares about that its the changing of laws and fines you can get for not playing make believe with these people that gets people riled up

Gender has been rendered meaningless, but be whatever you want.

This is officially a dead horse.

Yeah, I mean here's the Pew quote: "The survey also finds that Democrats with a bachelor’s degree or more education are more likely than other Democrats to say a person’s gender can be different from the sex they were assigned at birth. About three-quarters (77%) of Democrats with a bachelor’s degree or more say this ... "

I don't care if people wanna argue that, but at least point out that there's a distinction between sex and gender.
Anyone with a working brain knows that your gender is your sex.

Back