***POLL*** Jones vs Reyes Round by Round: How Did You Score It?

How did you score Jones - Reyes?

• Round 1 - Jones

• Round 1 - Reyes

• Round 1 - Draw

• Round 2 - Jones

• Round 2 - Reyes

• Round 2 - Draw

• Round 3 - Jones

• Round 3 - Reyes

• Round 3 - Draw

• Round 4 - Jones

• Round 4 - Reyes

• Round 4 - Draw

• Round 5 - Jones

• Round 5 - Reyes

• Round 5 - Draw

• Winner - Jones

• Winner - Reyes

• No winner - Draw

Results are only viewable after voting.

FloydMayweatherMMA

Money Belt
@Brown
Reaction score
Okay Sherbros; as we all know, judges are all useless bums, especially in Texas.

So, with the benefit of multiple camera angles, comprehensive stats, and the brainpower of a Sherdogger; how did you score Jones - Reyes, and was the right man declared the winner?

The rounds people can't seem to settle on are 2 & 3.

4-1 Reyes, Jones only won the 5th. The fight wasn't even close.

I had Reyes 1,2 3 was close and 4,5 Jones, 49-46 was a joke.

1,2,3 Reyes. Clear as day

Absolute robbery

3 rounds to reyes could've been 4 for the tdd imo.

It was a clear Reyes win, no matter how many dishonest people deny it. Second gifted victory decision for Jones, most coddled ufc fighter up there with Conor. His career lost all credibility with this if he hasn't already with the peds. Double asterisk next to his career, and the huge kind.

Last edited:
The rounds people can't seem to settle on are 2 & 3.

Seriously?
Reyes had more strikes in both rounds
Reyes had more power in his hands in both those rounds.
Jones did not damage in those rounds.
What is there to settle?
Reyes rocked him several times.
Yeah, he gassed in the last two rounds and lost them even though Jones didn't do damage, but the first 3 rounds were Reyes, by far.
Also, wasn't there a KD in the 1st?

Not salty, I don't like Reyes particulary, although he is talented (but not much of a personality),I really though Jones would beat him easily and I was wrong.

Seriously?
Reyes had more strikes in both rounds
Reyes had more power in his hands in both those rounds.
Jones did not damage in those rounds.
What is there to settle?
Reyes rocked him several times.
Yeah, he gassed in the last two rounds and lost them even though Jones didn't do damage, but the first 3 rounds were Reyes, by far.
Also, wasn't there a KD in the 1st?

Not salty, I don't like Reyes particulary, although he is talented (but not much of a personality),I really though Jones would beat him easily and I was wrong.
What do you mean seriously? Where do you think 48-47 Jones is coming from?

It's mainly appearing to be round 3 but it's a mixed bag with round 2.

When I heard 49-46 I was like, yeah Reyes won, 1 judge even gave him 4 rounds...

The Jones fans can’t even collectively agree on which of rounds 2 and 3 Jones “won”

1,2,3 Reyes. Clear as day

Absolute robbery
Winning the majority of rounds (3 out of 5) still isn’t enough to win a decision in a championship bout. Jones had octagon control the entire fight, was the more aggressive fighter and scored 3 takedowns. That erases all those striking bursts that Reyes had in the fight. And he got completely outclassed in the 5th round.

I just watched the highlights and it’s literally just Reyes boxing Jones up the whole time.

Reyes 1, 2, 3.

Majority of MMA media scorecards: Reyes.

Majority of MMA fans scorecards: Reyes.

Fightmetric: Reyes.

He won.

Winning the majority of rounds (3 out of 5) still isn’t enough to win a decision in a championship bout. Jones had octagon control the entire fight, was the more aggressive fighter and scored 3 takedowns. That erases all those striking bursts that Reyes had in the fight. And he got completely outclassed in the 5th round.

“Octagon control” counts for shit when a fighter is clearly getting outstruck and outworked which was what happened in the first 3 rounds.

only round 3 seemed close to me. Reyes dominated it early, but to the end of the round Jones came on strong. Since he was the Champ the judges gave him the round. I scored it for Reyes but it certainly was no slam dunk.

I was surprised some of the judges gave round 2 to Jones. Reyes did a lot more damage in that round.

Its painfully obvious that Reyes won the first three rounds comfortably. If the judges had given him the rounds nobody would bat an eye.

People are performing olympic level mental gymnastics to explain how Jones won either round 2 or 3

If you win three rounds you should win the fight barring 10-8 rounds.

fact of the matter is jones didn’t offer up anything offensively at all. He walked forward and got pieced up for three rounds until Reyes gassed.

Back