Poll: Was this CARD OF THE YEAR???

Was this card of the year…. So far??

• Total voters
WMMA had a spectacular KO tonight

Sexism at its finest

No matter what women in this sport do they will be discriminated against
Considering that women's mma has been significant , while under-appreciated, since the early 2000's, there's no other perspective worth consideration.

I was there when Kaitlin Young head kicked Miesha Tate into bolivia in 2007, but 16 years later, WMMA is inferior.

Fans claim lack of overall talent in the women's divisions, but that's due to UFC not housing the best women in the sport.

It is what it is.

UFC mostly fills its female roster with placeholders that are just happy to be there. The best female fighters are aware of the disrespect from UFC fans, and want nothing to do with that toxicity. It's easy to say that the women aren't on the level that men are, yet most fans didn't have a single clue that WMMA existed until Ronda was hitting armbars while desperately avoiding Gina and Christiane.

Fuck the women that headlined a pro mma card on March 10th, 2001, or opened for Hermes Franca, Mike Brown, Wilson Gouveia, Curtis Stout, Aaron Riley, and Ian Freeman in November of the same year.

I probably shouldn't even mention the card that 7 out of 7 fights were all women, under the same banner that featured the likes of Frank Mir, Jeremy Horn, Yves Edwards, Travis Lutter, Chris Lytle, Wes Sims, Jon Fitch, Jens Pulver, Jorge Masvidal, and Eddie Weinland. Should I add larger names? It's easy to do, but why ask?

And fuck every female fighter that most fans have ever heard of over the last 20 years that got to Strikeforce, Invicta, and/or UFC that came from that same platform.

22+ years of WMMA, but since UFC simplly can't acquire the best female fighters, WMMA = trash.

Considering that women's mma has been significant , and under-appreciated, since the early 2000's, there's no other perspective worth consideration.

I was there when Kaitlin Young head kicked Miesha Tate into bolivia in 2007, but 16 years later, WMMA is inferior.

Fans claim lack of overall talent in the women's divisions, but that's due to UFC not housing the best women in the sport.

It is what it is.

UFC mostly fills its female roster with placeholders that are just happy to be there. The best female fighters are aware of the disrespect from UFC fans, and want nothing to do with that toxicity. It's easy to say that the women aren't on the level that men are, yet most fans didn't have a single clue that WMMA existed until Ronda was hitting armbars while desperately avoiding Gina and Christiane.

Fuck the women that headlined a pro mma card on March 10th, 2001, or opened for Hermes Franca, Mike Brown, Wilson Gouveia, Curtis Stout, Aaron Riley, and Ian Freeman in November of the same year.

I probably shouldn't even mention the card that 7 out of 7 fights were all women, under the same banner that featured the likes of Frank Mir, Jeremy Horn, Yves Edwards, Travis Lutter, Chris Lytle, Wes Sims, Jon Fitch, Jens Pulver, Jorge Masvidal, and Eddie Weinland. Should I add larger names? It's easy to do, but why ask?

And fuck every female fighter that most fans have ever heard of over the last 20 years that got to Strikeforce, Invicta, and/or UFC that came from that same platform.

22+ years of WMMA, but since UFC simplly can't acquire the best female fighters, WMMA = trash.

You sound like a piece of shit

You sound like a piece of shit
I one million per cent agreed with you. How did I possibly sound like a piece of shit with that response? I literally credited WMMA with at least 22 years of importance to the sport of MMA. What got lost in translation?

The "fuck women" aspect was complete sarcasm. And I tried to make that obvious. Either way, please see my signature that states "HOOKnSHOOT launched WMMA".

I am, without question, one of the most genuine supporters of WMMA that you will ever find on this forum. Make no mistake about it.

I'm from Evansville, Indiana (where HOOKnSHOOT was based); I was watching Kedzie and LaRosa before most people even knew who they were. Or what MMA and UFC were, for that matter.

I watched at least a dozen UFC fighters fight before they were UFC fighters. I do apologize for whatever was lost in translation. We can talk about it.

But while we're here, and since your ego feels like you should be poster of the year, every year, I'm going to toss in that I watched Mir before he hit UFC, Hermes and Fulton before they hit sex charges, and Ludacris perform before you did - In the same exact venue that I watched those fights.

All you had to do was actually read my OP to easily see that I am pro WMMA. I was on your side with that one. Get off your fucking ego, Sherbro.

Last edited:
I one million per cent agreed with you. How did I possibly sound like a piece of shit with that response? I literally credited WMMA with at least 22 years of importance to the sport of MMA. What got lost in translation?

The "fuck women" aspect was complete sarcasm. And I tried to make that obvious. Either way, please see my signature that states "HOOKnSHOOT launched WMMA".

I am, without question, one of the most genuine supporters of WMMA that you will ever find on this forum. Make no mistake about it.

I'm from Evansville, Indiana (where HOOKnSHOOT was based); I was watching Kedzie and LaRosa before most people even knew who they were. Or what MMA and UFC were, for that matter.

I watched at least a dozen UFC fighters fight before they were UFC fighters. I do apologize for whatever was lost in translation. We can talk about it.

But while we're here, and since your ego feels like you should be poster of the year, every year, I'm going to toss in that I watched Mir before he hit UFC, Hermes and Fulton before they hit sex charges, and Ludacris perform before you did - In the same exact venue that I watched those fights.

All you had to do was actually read my OP to easily see that I am pro WMMA. I was on your side with that one. Get off your fucking ego, Sherbro.

Wrong guy… wrong thread. My bad. Drank a lot last night.

WMMA had a spectacular KO tonight

Sexism at its finest

No matter what women in this sport do they will be discriminated against

Regional cards have KOs too. Do you call it sexism if i dont watch women's soccer because they have a nice goal every now and then? Give women their own cards. Or better yet make WUFC.

Yes it was fantastic

The fights were good.
I vote this as having some of the most ball gargling shill commentary Ive heard all year.

I swear these guys arent even watching the same fights.
It was great watching them scream about big shots they landed while fighters were totally whiffing punches in the replays.

Back