Crime Polymer 80 Raided by ATF for DIY Firearms

I see now that the race wars are dying down it's back to hating government and police, while we get really really really upset over a prolific online distributor of unassembled handguns to people who carried out crimes having his business peacefully searched.

I love shooting guns and if someone wants to 3d print a gun that's fine by me because it requires some level of ability, time and investment to carry out. Peddling kits online to enable obvious felons to continually create crime-committing guns gets a big fat zero amount of sympathy from me. Much like someone selling weed seeds online for people to start crops is different than selling bricks of harvested but untrimmed weed to teenagers. (another product I love)

But I'm sure the people most upset over this will continue to be indifferent to concepts of mass poverty, crumbling education systems, rampant corporate corruption, consumer safety laws etc... while they tug their NRA boners to some dude happily assembling kits for the laziest bad guys around.

Last edited:
I see now that the race wars are dying down it's back to hating government and police, while we get really really really upset over a prolific online distributor of unassembled handguns to people who carried out crimes having his business peacefully searched.

I love shooting guns and if someone wants to 3d print a gun that's fine by me because it requires some level of ability, time and investment to carry out. Peddling kits online to enable obvious felons to continually create crime-committing guns gets a big fat zero amount of sympathy from me. Much like someone selling weed seeds online for people to start crops is different than selling bricks of harvested but untrimmed weed to teenagers. (another product I love)

But I'm sure the people most upset over this will continue to be indifferent to relatively indifferent to concepts of mass poverty, crumbling education systems, rampant corporate corruption, consumer safety laws etc...
Lol printing a 3d lower is just as easy as milling a lower. You know nothing about firearms, shut up.

Have one of these been used in a crime ever?
Yes a ton, which is why this place got scrutiny. At least 3 diff, including some cop killings ironically. Anyone changing their tune now that the evil BLM antifa POC AOC murder gang is involved?

"
Three months ago, a pair of sheriff's deputies were shot while sitting in their patrol car.
And just last month, a 29-year-old man was fatally shot outside his home, allegedly by members of a street gang.

Los Angeles deputy who was critically injured in Compton shooting was released from hospital, sheriff says

The three seemingly unconnected attacks in Southern California have one thing in common, according to federal authorities: So-called ghost guns recovered by police during their investigations all trace back to the same company in Nevada."

But I'm sure the people most upset over this will continue to be indifferent to relatively indifferent to concepts of mass poverty, crumbling education systems, rampant corporate corruption, consumer safety laws etc...

The real issue here is the rise of the administrative state. The government makes these vague laws and then allows the administrative agencies to engage in contradictory rule making to fill in the gaps at their whim. That's not right. People should know exactly what the law is so they know how to comply. Not just have some government official change his mind and then be a criminal.

Lol printing a 3d lower is just as easy as milling a lower. You know nothing about firearms, shut up.
Huh?
I'm saying if you make a pre-packaged kit with every part together and it goes beyond what is agreeable for part selling it is something where a gangbanger with a dremel can follow a piece of paper in 5 min to pump himself out a gun. You're marketing the explicit lack of tools or understanding about making or operating firearms, you're catering to the worst and get no sympathy from me.

I don't have a problem with people selling unfinished gun parts. The level of battlecry social justice agony over some dude in Nevada peacefully getting his business searched after making a bunch of money selling gun kits to lazy criminals is just laughably partisan.

Last edited:
GOA is looking for a plaintiff in Alabama willing to be part of a lawsuit for the Polymer80’ issue.

"What can be done about it? Well, an affected individual can sue the bastards at the ATF. That would be a really good start. We’ve talked to the folks at Gun Owners of America and they’re fixin’ to do just that. There’s only one problem. They need a plaintiff. That’s where you come in. To qualify, all you have to be is an owner of one of Polymer80’s Buy Build Shoot kits. Oh, and you also have to live in Alabama." https://www.thetruthaboutguns.com/w...C06K7NrXGmWfAI9LKpteosG34qCZFg1QgphlUXi02icBc

ATF constantly changes their mind.

Not a firearm, is a firearm, not a firearm, is a firearm.......

It is madness.

GOA is looking for a plaintiff in Alabama willing to be part of a lawsuit for the Polymer80’ issue.

"What can be done about it? Well, an affected individual can sue the bastards at the ATF. That would be a really good start. We’ve talked to the folks at Gun Owners of America and they’re fixin’ to do just that. There’s only one problem. They need a plaintiff. That’s where you come in. To qualify, all you have to be is an owner of one of Polymer80’s Buy Build Shoot kits. Oh, and you also have to live in Alabama." https://www.thetruthaboutguns.com/w...C06K7NrXGmWfAI9LKpteosG34qCZFg1QgphlUXi02icBc

To be clear, selling the 80% frame in one box and a completion kit in another is apparently A-OK as far as the galaxy brains at the ATF are concerned. But selling them in one box now makes the contents a firearm and means it has to be serialized and transferred via your local FFL.

Goofy shit. I guess then if a reseller sold the 80% frames in one box, then the slide and lower parts kit were separate skus, but it all arrived in the same shipment, it's good to go?

Common sense gun laws strike again.

Well, it certainly seems like the ATF has every intention on cracking down on ghost guns as best they can. And honestly, even as a gun owner I can understand why, as they have been selling them to people that aren't legally allowed to have them. However, seeing as how they don't classify an 80% part as a firearm this is really a mess of their own making and they need to fucking clarify what the hell is legal and what is not or the courts are going to have a field day kicking them right in the balls repeatedly.

Good. Some boogaloo boy associated group was pushing instructions on how to purchase and assemble these back at the George Floyd protests. I was actually solicited by an associate of the group on Facebook.

that's cool that you don't acknowledge the bill of rights. luckily the rest of the country isn't as brainwashed as you and your ilk.

Tell that to the Canadian government.

And no, I'm not saying that's right, just that it's gonna be looked at like some sort of a precedent in some people's eyes.

I'll tell it to whoever . . . whenever.

Anyone who would attempt to justify this type of decision based on something the Canadian government has done is a pretty poor excuse for a US politician.

With how many guns are in circulation in this country, why does anyone need to buy a gun that bypasses laws on a technicality?

A LOT of folks take great satisfaction in milling out and building their own firearm for legal, private use.
Need has nothing to do with it unless you're a criminal who "needs" to break the law.

But I'm sure the people most upset over this will continue to be indifferent to concepts of mass poverty, crumbling education systems, rampant corporate corruption, consumer safety laws etc... while they tug their NRA boners to some dude happily assembling kits for the laziest bad guys around.

"obvious felons" . . . aren't the only folks who buy these kits . . . and way to throw in a bunch of worthless hyperbole to support your hot take.

Well, it certainly seems like the ATF has every intention on cracking down on ghost guns as best they can. And honestly, even as a gun owner I can understand why, as they have been selling them to people that aren't legally allowed to have them. However, seeing as how they don't classify an 80% part as a firearm this is really a mess of their own making and they need to fucking clarify what the hell is legal and what is not or the courts are going to have a field day kicking them right in the balls repeatedly.

I hope the ATF does get a kick right in the jewels . . . they're afraid the definition would completely revamp the NFA and allow us to actually buy a suppressor much easier.

I know Josh well enough to trust this information is right

https://blog.princelaw.com/2020/12/...otest/?utm_source=dlvr.it&utm_medium=facebook
As many in the Firearms Community are aware, the Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives (ATF) raided Polymer80, Inc last week and since then, there is at least one report of a customer being visited by ATF and forced to surrender their “P80.” Given what appears to be ATF’s active enforcement of its interpretive jiggery-pokery, ever changing interpretations of the Gun Control Act and implementing regulations, it is important that any individual confronted by ATF regarding this newly minted interpretation, advise the agent that he/she is surrendering the items under protest, that you do not consent to the forfeiture or destruction of your property, and that you require a property receipt from ATF. Be aware that the agent may attempt to have you sign an ATF 3400.1 Form – Consent to Forfeiture or Destruction of Property and Waiver of Notice – which you should NOT sign under ANY circumstance. In the event that they ask you to sign an ATF 3400.1, inform them that the only ATF form you are willing to sign is an ATF 3400.23 – Receipt of Property and Other Items, as the ATF 3400.23 does not contain language, wherein you agree to the forfeiture/destruction of your property.

more in the link

@Cubo de Sangre

Back