Amateur Fighter
@Gold
Reaction score
Khabib/Iaquinta
Cormier/Anderson
Dillashaw/Soto (Did well in the end)
Jones/OSP
Rockhold/Bisping 2 (lmao)

All of these replacements are tough and good don’t get me wrong, but they were supposed to get absolutely destroyed. I don’t think it’s fair to judge fighters on their performances for these type of fights.

Post more examples or opposite examples if you like.
Opposite would be something like Khabib/Horcher or Cormier/Cummins

Last edited:
Condit vs Oliveira
Who was Condit supposed to fight? Don’t think it counts either because it’s supposed to be a mismatch. That’s why I didn’t post something like Edgar/Ortega or Mcgregor/Mendes

Who was Condit supposed to fight? Don’t think it counts either because it’s supposed to be a mismatch. That’s why I didn’t post something like Edgar/Ortega or Mcgregor/Mendes
He was supposed to fight Matt Brown.

But yes, gameplanning for a specific fighter is a huge part of certain fighter's games. You can't generally expect a dominant performance against a last minute replacement.

588be8b25e9ba6fa4d07c05f8f47fc8b

Khabib/Iaquinta
Cormier/Anderson
Dillashaw/Soto (Did well in the end)
Jones/OSP
Rockhold/Bisping 2 (lmao)

All of these replacements are tough and good don’t get me wrong, but they were supposed to get absolutely destroyed. I don’t think it’s fair to judge fighters on their performances for these type of fights.

Post more examples or opposite examples if you like.
Opposite would be something like Khabib/Horcher or Cormier/Cummins
Agreed except with Jones/OSP. Jones seemed bored with winning a boring fight instead of giving it his all. As he implied in the post fight interview, he didn't view the fight as anything more as a waste of time.

Are you talking about a shitty fight ? Or a poor performance from one of the guys or what ?

Because the fights listed seem to fall into two, or even three different categories here.

cote vs tito
royce vs tokoro

Cote managed to drop Tito in that fight which is a pretty big deal. A regional guy coming in and dropping one of the best low of the time? I’d say that’s a pretty soldier performance.

Back