Porier vs Gaethje 2. Who takes it?

Arrgh. That’s a close one. Gaethje has looked great since they last met and changed his game a bit. I’d lean slightly on Gaethje. But could go either way.

Whichever one of them checks the leg kick successfully wins.

I think Dustin takes it. He got his leg chewed up in the first fight but he boxed Justin up, and finally put him away. I see more of the same.

This fight would be insane.. I think Gaethje has cleaned up his striking a little since the first fight and not so sloppy or eager to get in a fire fight.
Have to be a pick em fight. I would have to give Poirier the edge

It will be more competitive than Conor fight for sure.

Poirier beats every lightweight not named Khabib right now.
Not sure about Oliveira. Oliveira can beat him on the ground.

Poirier withstands the war again IMO

Poirier really worked on his leg kick as well. I think he will be better at defending against it as well. Gaethje has taken a more calculated approach but idk if it will hold up against poirier

Definitely a pick ‘em fight. Poirier has shown a lot more poise and patience in his latest wins and Gaethje has shown cleaned up technique and better cardio than in his past. This fight would be a really really fun rematch. Either man vs Chandler would be really fun too.

Porier even more dominating. Without his constant reckless pressure, which Porier said himself gave him the most trouble, Porier's striking will be more on point.

Not interested at all. They fought 2yrs ago and I felt Dustin won handily. I'm more interested in him fighting Olivera or Chandler.

Conner will fight someone like Ferguson or another fighter who is on the down.

I would love to see a rematch

I believed that Gaethje would be a small favorite over the past year or two. When Justin tightened up his game to beat Edson (a fight I always wanted to see for DP as well), Donald and Tony so dominantly, I started to believe that he’d grown more than DP since their first meeting (which DP won fair and square but was very competitive). Then when Poirier’s fight with Hooker was so close, I thought that Justin would likely be too powerful in both kicks and punches if DP was gonna get hit so much.

Now? I’m starting to rethink that position. I still think it would be a terrific fight, but It’s crazy not to acknowledge that Dustin is one of those competitors who finds a way to pull out the win. I think now I would make Dustin a tiny favorite.

FWIW, I agree with DP that Chandler should not be the automatic title challenger. It’s a shame that Gaethje did not fight sooner, because if Gaethje were to win as well then that rematch would be the obvious one to make. Now it’s a bit awkward, with Justin, Oliveira and Chandler all warranting a semi-final fight.

Last edited:
Not interested at all. They fought 2yrs ago and I felt Dustin won handily. I'm more interested in him fighting Olivera or Chandler.

Conner will fight someone like Ferguson or another fighter who is on the down.

Dustin could barely walk. That’s not winning handily in my book. Certainly it’s less handily than Conor beat Dustin, or Nate beat Conor, but we got rematches to those fights. And like Dustin v Conor, Justin has grown a lot since that first fight.

You have the right to not be interested, but most people are very interested.

Dustin could barely walk. That’s not winning handily in my book. Certainly it’s less handily than Conor beat Dustin, or Nate beat Conor, but we got rematches to those fights. And like Dustin v Conor, Justin has grown a lot since that first fight.

You have the right to not be interested, but most people are very interested.

Would you want to see a rematch that bad? Fuck, Dustin is on a winning streak and should be fighting for a title next. What about Chandler and Ferg? I like that rematch but I would think Justin needs to beat another top 5er to get that rematch.

Back