Elections Portugal braces for snap election as far right advances

It depends.
1*w4DxUy0PMoqeq25UXfyL0g@2x.jpeg

Don't be dumb. There's a load of Moroccans and Turks in the Netherlands, for example. Remember when the Netherlands colonised Morocco and Turkey? Yeah, me neither.
Many of them came as guest workers decades ago. And it’s still around 5% of the population. But yeah, let’s forget about Dutch colonization elsewhere.

My estimate that Europe will be right wing as fuck by 2040 is slowly coming together.
I can't wait for us to start invading some shit. Colonialism back on the menu, boys.
Europe has brought a big mess on itself. Even if everyone somehow became super right wing all at once it would still be a decades long power struggle against the institutions in place which suppress nationalism at any cost.

Many of them came as guest workers decades ago. And it’s still around 5% of the population. But yeah, let’s forget about Dutch colonization elsewhere.
Turks and Arabs both colonized, invaded, and enslaved Europeans historically but they are somehow getting retribution on the Dutch for colonizing Indonesia and Caribean islands? Makes no sense.

America spends almost 6 more times in healthcare than in its military, and the proposed aid to Ukraine would be just 10% of the military spending. Also Portugal has public healthcare already.

The United States spends more on defense than on health care. In 2022, the U.S. spent $766 billion on national defense, which was about 13% of the federal budget. The country's total health care spending was almost 18% of its GDP, with a significant portion coming from private sources meaning that it didn't come from taxpayers or government sources but gets included to the GDP percentage. I don't know why it's accounted that way.

It seems you're comparing the two expenditures via per capita of what is spent on each person for defense and healthcare. That sounds more on spot to what you said. More per person not total.

My estimate that Europe will be right wing as fuck by 2040 is slowly coming together.
I can't wait for us to start invading some shit. Colonialism back on the menu, boys.

It’s too little, too late.

Europe is doomed.

Turks and Arabs both colonized, invaded, and enslaved Europeans historically but they are somehow getting retribution on the Dutch for colonizing Indonesia and Caribean islands? Makes no sense.

@rearnakedchoke where you at? You ignored this.

WHERE YOU AT?

tumblr_mho2skdW1I1rhmiqpo1_500.gif

@rearnakedchoke where you at? You ignored this.

WHERE YOU AT?

tumblr_mho2skdW1I1rhmiqpo1_500.gif
Are you saying because the Dutch only colonized what you mentioned, they are immune from immigration from Turks and arabs? I’m saying, if a major part of your history is colonization, crying now about immigration is not gonna be high on the list of sympathy from many.

Reactions: Cid
And by right wing, we mean center left to left wing candidates who don’t want unlimited immigration from 3rd world countries.
Exactly.

Being right wing now is just telling the truth about biology, acknowledging that you can't fit infinite immigrants into a finite space, questioning the wisdom of lockdowns, allowing free speech, wanting criminals to face consequences, believing in meritocracy and thinking that people should have to work for a living.

That's before we get into far right stuff like turning up on time or thinking that men are useful

Back