Possible Sasquatch encounter happened last night.

A basketball sized rock has to be about 50 or 60 lbs. Did you happen to see the arc the rock traveled? Perhaps this would help judge the distance the rock was thrown. I realize this is likely difficult when boulder are being lobbed at you by a Hill Giant.
If you had to judge, would you guess the misses were intentional or unintentional?

I got the feeling that the misses were intentional, but definitely to scare me. But I was not operating on that assumption because of the absolutely lethal threat these rocks posed. The rock that I saw traveled a good distance. It arced in a rainbow. Even before my surgery, I was pretty damn strong and I couldn’t have thrown that rock but a few feet.

Only one way to be sure
3796972010446825B863FAB094587FB369BFD0D6

Where was this btw?

You used to be fun. Who hurt you?
Life.

I'm sorry I dont believe in bigfoot. If it helps I am 100% open to changing my mind the second I see real evidence other than "I heard a weird noise in the woods"

possible sasquatch sighting ?

possible ?

no mate, I saw the fucker.

2GBrME2.jpg

Life.

I'm sorry I dont believe in bigfoot. If it helps I am 100% open to changing my mind the second I see real evidence other than "I heard a weird noise in the woods"

I was of the same opinion. I would make fun of people making such claims, but my mind has been changed a bit. I will still call bs in regard to the shows like (never) finding Bigfoot and there jump to a conclusion at every bump in the night. And had it just been the hooting, I would have thought little of it, but the moment giant rocks began flying at me, I took notice.

Border of Pennsylvania and West Virginia in the sticks.
I'm no expert, but isn't Sasquatch normally a Pacific North West thing?

Anyhow, sounds like drunk idiots fucking with you tbh. I'd lay good money that morons outnumber Sasquatch' by a fairly large ratio in every state.

Weird how your story is similar to another sherdogger. I remember he mentioned the same thing, it was night and someone was throwing huge rocks at him and his buddies. The invention of the trebuchet must have scared the samsquanches to the boonies for sure.

Did you have beef jerky on you? They get crazy over that.. from what I have seen on tv. I have never seen one in person but if I do will put it on citizens arrest

I am not what you would call a believer in the stories that people tell about Sasquatch encounters. However, last night, I had an experience that has left me without explanation. I was fishing at a very remote location until the onset of darkness forced me to call it quits. I should have left about twenty minutes before I did due to rugged terrain to get back to my car. As I was walking, I heard what I assumed to be an owl. I stoped for a moment to throw a few more casts when there was a very loud splash. I knew right away it wasn’t a fish, and assuming that something fell off of the steep hillside, I started to continue the trek back. At that point, there was a large rock the size of a basketball that landed in the water about ten feet behind me. I actually saw the rock flying through the air and felt the splash hit my legs. I began to move more quickly when another rock hit in front of me. At this point, I yelled “ok, fucking stop that shit, I am leaving!” There was another splash, this time about fifteen feet out in the lake from where I was quickly walking. At that point, I began to move as quickly as I could, saying “come on, damn it, you want me to have a heart attack?” The terrain is very difficult to navigate in the light, with me often falling down or stepping into the lake. I called my wife to tell her what was happening in case one of those rocks hit me. I told her to send help if I did not call her in ten minutes.

There was another splash and I began to run, falling down several times, and getting cuts all over my face and neck from jagger bushes and tree branches. As I got closer to my car, I heard rustling from the hill above me and I got my car keys out and hit the panic alarm. There was one final splash behind me, then I sprinted to my car, exhausted and breathing heavily with my heart racing. I got in my car and took off.

This is a wildlife area and open to the public, but it gets little pressure. I don’t completely rule out human causes of what I can only describe as an attack, but that hillside is mostly rock and almost impossible terrain to easily move through, if at all. I didn’t smell anything odd, but my mind went back to the hooting I had heard. I also am aware that people reporting Sasquatch encounters have stated that they had rocks thrown at them. I don’t know that I will report this, though I think i should. Had I been armed, i would have had my gun out and would have fired shots to end the attack.

I have never, in my adult life, been so scared and I have been shot at, and have gone hand to hand with several knife wielding subjects during my seventeen years as a police officer.

I don’t expect my profession to lend much credibility, however, please trust my experience and training to accept the danger I perceived and my knowledge of the terrain surrounding that lake-I have been fishing there two to three times per week for the last three weeks.

All I know for sure is that the rocks were being thrown, and based on their size, it would be difficult to throw rocks of that size as hard and far as they were being launched. Like I said, I don’t completely rule out human causes, but I am like 85% sure it was not a person trying to scare, or kill me. I should also mention that due to the fallen leaves, any movement on that hillside would have made enough noise that i would have heard it. Hell, even chipmunks on the hill make tons of noise.

I have considered returning in daylight to see if I could reach the area that I believe the rocks were being thrown from, but I have my doubts of being able to reach that area-though I would like to look for tracks or some other sign of the culprit.

I do intend to go back to that lake, but not until spring and not without being armed. However, I will not walk through bank and plan to purchase a fishing kayak. Until that moment, I was upset that I had been skunked for the second time in a week.

@Britt/Scot as the sasquatch swami of strathclyde what do you make of this mate

What I can't believe is the fact I read that entire OP.You shouldn't either.

Legit thought it was a toss up between ending with a Fresh Price of Bel Air skit or Epstein didn’t kill himself.

I am not what you would call a believer in the stories that people tell about Sasquatch encounters. However, last night, I had an experience that has left me without explanation. I was fishing at a very remote location until the onset of darkness forced me to call it quits. I should have left about twenty minutes before I did due to rugged terrain to get back to my car. As I was walking, I heard what I assumed to be an owl. I stoped for a moment to throw a few more casts when there was a very loud splash. I knew right away it wasn’t a fish, and assuming that something fell off of the steep hillside, I started to continue the trek back. At that point, there was a large rock the size of a basketball that landed in the water about ten feet behind me. I actually saw the rock flying through the air and felt the splash hit my legs. I began to move more quickly when another rock hit in front of me. At this point, I yelled “ok, fucking stop that shit, I am leaving!” There was another splash, this time about fifteen feet out in the lake from where I was quickly walking. At that point, I began to move as quickly as I could, saying “come on, damn it, you want me to have a heart attack?” The terrain is very difficult to navigate in the light, with me often falling down or stepping into the lake. I called my wife to tell her what was happening in case one of those rocks hit me. I told her to send help if I did not call her in ten minutes.

There was another splash and I began to run, falling down several times, and getting cuts all over my face and neck from jagger bushes and tree branches. As I got closer to my car, I heard rustling from the hill above me and I got my car keys out and hit the panic alarm. There was one final splash behind me, then I sprinted to my car, exhausted and breathing heavily with my heart racing. I got in my car and took off.

This is a wildlife area and open to the public, but it gets little pressure. I don’t completely rule out human causes of what I can only describe as an attack, but that hillside is mostly rock and almost impossible terrain to easily move through, if at all. I didn’t smell anything odd, but my mind went back to the hooting I had heard. I also am aware that people reporting Sasquatch encounters have stated that they had rocks thrown at them. I don’t know that I will report this, though I think i should. Had I been armed, i would have had my gun out and would have fired shots to end the attack.

I have never, in my adult life, been so scared and I have been shot at, and have gone hand to hand with several knife wielding subjects during my seventeen years as a police officer.

I don’t expect my profession to lend much credibility, however, please trust my experience and training to accept the danger I perceived and my knowledge of the terrain surrounding that lake-I have been fishing there two to three times per week for the last three weeks.

All I know for sure is that the rocks were being thrown, and based on their size, it would be difficult to throw rocks of that size as hard and far as they were being launched. Like I said, I don’t completely rule out human causes, but I am like 85% sure it was not a person trying to scare, or kill me. I should also mention that due to the fallen leaves, any movement on that hillside would have made enough noise that i would have heard it. Hell, even chipmunks on the hill make tons of noise.

I have considered returning in daylight to see if I could reach the area that I believe the rocks were being thrown from, but I have my doubts of being able to reach that area-though I would like to look for tracks or some other sign of the culprit.

I do intend to go back to that lake, but not until spring and not without being armed. However, I will not walk through bank and plan to purchase a fishing kayak. Until that moment, I was upset that I had been skunked for the second time in a week.

So you heard something splashing in the water and assume it's a bigfoot and not just some rocks coming loose on the steep hill above you? And if you had been armed you would have blindly fired rounds off into the woods because rocks were falling into the water near you?

<Huh2>

I love how people go from saying how they don't know what something is to then making rash assumptions of what it is. I'm going to add you to my forum retard list. You most definitely do not need to go out to the woods again armed while you're acting like a hysterical little pussy just because you heard splashing from rocks not thrown at you.

look forward to your appearance on the Joe Rogan podcast

So you heard something splashing in the water and assume it's a bigfoot and not just some rocks coming loose on the steep hill above you? And if you had been armed you would have blindly fired rounds off into the woods because rocks were falling into the water near you?

<Huh2>

I love how people go from saying how they don't know what something is to then making rash assumptions of what it is. I'm going to add you to my forum retard list. You most definitely do not need to go out to the woods again armed while you're acting like a hysterical little pussy just because you heard splashing from rocks not thrown at you.

"Had I been armed, i would have had my gun out and would have fired shots to end the attack."

I'm glad I'm not the only one worried about that. How are you going to explain shooting some kids pulling a prank (if that's what it was)? "Ummmmmm, ya, I heard some rocks and saw some land in the water by me and thought BigFoot was attacking me so I shot blindly a bunch of times into the bushes.".

I'm pretty sure 1 of the main rules of firearms is to ALWAYS be aware of your target AND what's behind your target. But what do we know......he's the LEO.

<Huh2>

Lmao

Rocks fall in water

>>>attack

Back