Post a musician that signifies your culture.

If we are going with people actually from where we live/grew up, then I have to pick either Muse or Coldplay, as Chris Martin and the whole of Muse are local guys. And Joss Stone, for those who know her.

But, if we are going by our own personal culture, then I will go with daft and English:

Or something a bit more sensitive (and serious) and English:

I am really not into Russian folk music, I will let other Russian posters cover this side, and will post some contemporary stuff.
This band is really a phenomenon - gone from underground manned marginal band to the highest grossing show in Russia.
Also they make fucking nice vids.

If we are going with people actually from where we live/grew up, then I have to pick either Muse or Coldplay, as Chris Martin and the whole of Muse are local guys. And Joss Stone, for those who know her.

But, if we are going by our own personal culture, then I will go with daft and English:

Or something a bit more sensitive (and serious) and English:

The Wurzels?

Before I read the OP I read this question as asking me to post a musician whose lifestyle, attitude, and music tend to reflect my personal culture and values. I'm going to stick with that.

Dave%20Matthews%20Band%208.jpg

Canada represent!

Rush is decent as is Bare Naked Ladies. More later if the thread keeps going.

I am really not into Russian folk music, I will let other Russian posters cover this side, and will post some contemporary stuff.
This band is really a phenomenon - gone from underground manned marginal band to the highest grossing show in Russia.
Also they make fucking nice vids.

No T.a.t.u?? Or that Kiril trollolo guy?

I always liked this but i have no idea what she is saying.

No T.a.t.u?? Or that Kiril trollolo guy?

I always liked this but i have no idea what she is saying.

T.A.T.U. were popular for only a short time. Eduard Hil, the trololo guy, was popular among our grandmothers but caught a bit of fame and media exposure with that meme.
In that vid you posted girl sings "you come to me in the night like cold rain...I will become sounds of the rain, so we be together..." bla bla.

T.A.T.U. were popular for only a short time. Eduard Hil, the trololo guy, was popular among our grandmothers but caught a bit of fame and media exposure with that meme.
In that vid you posted girl sings "you come to me in the night like cold rain...I will become sounds of the rain, so we be together..." bla bla.

Ya I know about Tatu's popularity being short lived. Thanks for the translation lol. I knew the song was titled "Sound of rain" so that makes sense.

12c128e8b10091a15550a9abb7bb2f93.jpg

A good acting buddy of mine in London committed suicide while working at the Renaissance Faire; several of his best mates put together a quiet montage (not including it here) of his best scenes and sword fights set to UK artist Liza Anne's "Overnight" and it never stopped haunting me

That song man, jesus christ. Tough to hold back those tears even thinking about it seven years later

From a place that's an odd mix of Irish and English culture, with it's own unique quirks.

We're all from different countries, and cultures. Not every music band and musician has to be American or British (not knocking on those two countries by the way. They've produced many musicians that have transcended borders.) So as the title say, share something from your culture.

The musician here is called Arif Sag.
The instrument he's playing is the Baglama Saz.

Back