News Post PFL Bellator Releases

Everyone hates Outlaw because of his style but the guy is extremely talented. Outside of Vlad Mineev he's gotta be the best fighter not under contract right now, right?

Wish Americans could still fight in ACA without breaking sanctions because he'd be great there. I'd love to see him vs Ali Bagov.

Everyone hates Outlaw because of his style but the guy is extremely talented. Outside of Vlad Mineev he's gotta be the best fighter not under contract right now, right?

Wish Americans could still fight in ACA without breaking sanctions because he'd be great there. I'd love to see him vs Ali Bagov.
Lance Palmer is in ACA now so I don’t think sanctions are a worry

come on. outlaw just laid on mckee for 15 minutes and got 30-27'd because mckee outlanded him on his back. nobody wants to see him fight.

I'd rather watch paint dry.

Eduard Vartanyan is probably the best guy not under contract right now

Finally, someone got rid of Outlaw and Hill zzzzz. Homasi is a fun fighter , he should have stayed, IMO.

Tokov left, too, btw.
Really because Outlaw was pretty good imo he destroyed Myles Jury.

I have a gut feeling Coker will join RIZIN

I think if Rizin could pull off an ok media deal in the US to start investing in Rizin events here I could see Coker heading up the international side of Rizin. But I mean we are probably talking about someone giving Rizin like 10M a year to even try to do anything in the US market worth while. Maybe Coker comes in with a small investment group and buys in would be another way. But beyond that I don't think Rizin has the roster or the money to really push into the US on any level that anyone would even take notice currently.

I don't think any of us are shocked PFL is cutting some fighters from the merger. 200+ fighters Bellator had. I'm guess the PFL had around 200 also under contract one way or the other.

They don't have the shows to keep 300-400+ athletes busy right now. Even before the merger weren't they always talking about like a 50% turn over of tournament guys from one season to the next?

They'll be a lot of fighters available but I highly doubt much quality outside of select few and probably little to no name value in larger percentage of the fighters let go.

Last edited:
I don't think any of us are shocked PFL is cutting some fighters from the merger. 200+ fighters Bellator had. I'm guess the PFL had around 200 also under contract one way or the other.

They don't have the shows to keep 300-400+ athletes busy right now. Even before the merger weren't they always talking about like a 50% turn over of tournament guys from one season to the next?

They'll be a lot of fighters available but I highly doubt much quality outside of select few and probably little to no name value in larger percentage of they fighters let go.

yeah you might see some ranked fighters but you're not gonna see the good ones, the top prospects etc. Those fighters will have to fight out there contracts and want to leave PFL to get free.

Bellators gonna end up being like SF was, sticking around but a shell of itself. You already have Eblen saying I want in the PFL LHW tournament cause if you're a Bellator champ why the fuck would you want to stay there and defend title in meaningless fights in europe.

You think Usman is gonna want to do that or enter a million dollar GP in PFL or fight on PPV? There gonna take half the roster of good non champs and probably even a few champs to fill out their season cause they need the infusion of talent.

come on. outlaw just laid on mckee for 15 minutes and got 30-27'd because mckee outlanded him on his back. nobody wants to see him fight.
I'd rather watch paint dry.
Not every fighter has to be entertaining all the time. To me it's entertaining seeing a guy like McKee counter what a guy like Outlaw tries to do. His fights are also pretty entertaining when he fights someone who chooses to scramble with him. McKee decided to hang out on his back which was a great strategy for a guy as comfortable there as he is. That's not everyone though, far from it.

Eduard Vartanyan is probably the best guy not under contract right now
I feel really stupid now considering he's literally my avatar.

yeah you might see some ranked fighters but you're not gonna see the good ones, the top prospects etc. Those fighters will have to fight out there contracts and want to leave PFL to get free.

Bellators gonna end up being like SF was, sticking around but a shell of itself. You already have Eblen saying I want in the PFL LHW tournament cause if you're a Bellator champ why the fuck would you want to stay there and defend title in meaningless fights in europe.

You think Usman is gonna want to do that or enter a million dollar GP in PFL or fight on PPV? There gonna take half the roster of good non champs and probably even a few champs to fill out their season cause they need the infusion of talent.
No one is fighting 5 times a year for more than 3 years before they just end up retiring due to injuries. Or burnout We already saw it with Ryugi Kudo and OAM

Your avatar is the best along with Mineev buddy.

Then I'd say probably Saidyokub.

You know what makes that comment even worse? He literally gave the exact number of fighters on Bellator's roster, when he made that comment. So he can't play dumb even if he wanted to.
He gave the exact number and claimed “good guy” Donn Davis didn’t want to wait until January for contracts to expire. Why? Because he wanted EVERYONE (fighters) to keep their job and come over. He only said “other employees / non fighters” would have a place if they choose so.

He said no fighters under contract would be released when asked specifically. He basically said they might be released down the road for usual reasons (losing fights etc). So he’s basically doing the exact opposite of what he said.

He was quite specific with this and it definitely makes him look bad. That being said I completely understand the need to clean both those messes up and optimize the merged product.

It’s just that he is completely going back on what he clearly said (and went out of his way to express). He was basically jerking himself off getting good media reactions when he made these statements and was pandering to the sensitive mma fans who care deeply about stuff like this.

Last edited:
He gave the exact number and claimed “good guy” Donn Davis didn’t want to wait until January for contracts to expire. Why? Because he wanted EVERYONE (fighters) to keep their job and come over. He only said “other employees / non fighters” would have a place if they choose so.

He said no fighters under contract would be released when asked specifically. He basically said they might be released down the road for usual reasons (losing fights etc). So he’s basically doing the exact opposite of what he said.

He was quite specific with this and it definitely makes him look bad. That being said I completely understand the need to clean both those messes up and optimize the merged product.

It’s just that he is completely going back on what he clearly said (and went out of his way to express). He was basically jerking himself off getting good media reactions when he made these statements and was pandering to the sensitive mma fans who care deeply about stuff like this.
They are only running 8 events this year for Bellator, it might be doing those guys a favor to have a chance to actually fight instead of lingering around like ONE does to fighters

They are only running 8 events this year for Bellator, it might be doing those guys a favor to have a chance to actually fight instead of lingering around like ONE does to fighters
I agree that it’s better to do this. Just he didn’t have to go out of his way to state they all had security under his leadership. He’s suppose to be building this cleaner image for his company of trust and transparency.

Didn’t they do something like that during covid? Give assurance of jobs being safe and then cut a shitload of fighters?

Back