Potential sexual harassment allegation. Put in my 2 weeks wondering if I should even go back.

Damn sorry to hear about your situation. If you are saying the truth, that royally sucks that you're going through all that. I'd probably get overly stressed out by the situation. Not sure what to say really. Hopefully everything turns out the best for you.

No offence to anybody working in a kitchen but get the hell out of a kitchen. It’s a shit job with terrible pay and you work with junkies.

Get on a pipeline, in a mine or doing something that can support you. The restaurant industry is brutal 90% of the time and the drama and pressure is not worth the brutal wage.

Or even better, go to your local IBEW or other trade union hall and inquire about starting an apprenticeship. Working in kitchens is a dead end, shit job you’re not going to want to do forever. Invest a little effort in setting yourself up for success.

More details please. Did you ever do anything to the food?

No man never. Worked 10 years in the industry and never saw anyone's food get messed with, no matter how much of a dick they were. I've heard of people messing with others food, but only in like a fast food setting or something. In fine dining you just don't do that shit. Even though working in kitchens is like working on a pirate ship, some things are still sacred.

No offence to anybody working in a kitchen but get the hell out of a kitchen. It’s a shit job with terrible pay and you work with junkies.

Get on a pipeline, in a mine or doing something that can support you. The restaurant industry is brutal 90% of the time and the drama and pressure is not worth the brutal wage.

Or even better, go to your local IBEW or other trade union hall and inquire about starting an apprenticeship. Working in kitchens is a dead end, shit job you’re not going to want to do forever. Invest a little effort in setting yourself up for success.

It's really hard to become a Union electrician, but that is a great idea. Let's set our man down a better path.

From what I can tell, TS might live in L.A.?

So the L.A. building trades website is here: https://laocbuildingtrades.org/council-affiliates-union/

(Asbestos) Heat & Frost Insulators Local 5
hnflocal5.com

Boilermakers Local 92

boilermakerslocal92.org

Bricklayers & Tile Layers Local 4
bac4ca.org

Electrical Workers IBEW Local 11
ibew11.org

Electrical Workers IBEW Local 40
ibewlocal40.org

Electrical Workers IBEW Local 45
ibew45.org

Electrical Workers IBEW Local 441
ibewoc.com

Elevator Constructors Local 18
Iuec18.org

Iron Workers Local 416
ironworkers416.org

Iron Workers Local 433
ironworkers433.org

Iron Workers Local 509
ironworkers509.org

Southern California District Council of Laborers
scdcl.org

Laborers Local 300
local300.com

Laborers, Gunite Workers Local 345
gunitelocal345.com

Laborers Local 652
local652.com

Laborers Local 1309
local1309.com

Laborers Plaster Tenders Local 1414
plastertenders1414.com

Operating Engineers Local 12
local12.org

District Council 36 Painters & Allied Trades (IUPAT)
www.dc36.org

IUPAT Drywall Finishing Local 1136
dc36.org

IUPAT Glaziers Local 636
dc36.org

IUPAT Tradeshow & Sign Crafts Local 831
dc36.org

IUPAT Painters Local 1036
dc36.org

IUPAT Resilient Floor Local 1247
dc36.org

IUPAT Civil Service Local 1991
dc36.org

Southern California Pipe Trades District Council 16
dc16.org

Pipe Trades United Association Local 78: Plumbers
uaplumber78.com

Pipe Trades UA Local 250: Steam & Pipefitters Fitters
ua250.org

Pipe Trades UA Local 345: Landscape/Irrigation, Sewer, Storm
ua345.org

Pipe Trades UA Local 398: Plumbers & Fitters
local398.org

Pipe Trades UA Local 582: Plumbers & Fitters
ualocal582.org

Pipe Trades UA Local 669: Road Sprinkler Fitters
sprinklerfitters669.org

Pipe Trades UA Local 709: Sprinkler Fitters
sprinklerfitters709.org

Pipe Trades UA Local 761: Plumbers & Fitters
local761.org

Plasterers & Cement Masons District Council
opcmia.org

Plasterers Local 200
pl200.org

Cement Masons Local 500
cementmasons500.org

Cement Masons Local 600
cementmasons600.org

Plasterers/Cement Masons Local 755
local755.com

Roofers & Waterproofers Local 36
facebook.com/Rooferslocal36

Roofers & Waterproofers Local 220
unionroofers.com

SMART Sheet Metal Local 105
local105.org

Sheet Metal Local 170
smart170.org

Teamsters Joint Council 42
teamstersjc42.com

Teamsters Local 848
teamsters848.org

Teamsters Local 952
teamsters952.org

Teamsters Local 986
local986.org
Website Address

(Asbestos) Heat & Frost Insulators Local 5
hnflocal5.com

Boilermakers Local 92

boilermakerslocal92.org

Bricklayers & Tile Layers Local 4
bac4ca.org

Electrical Workers IBEW Local 11
ibew11.org

Electrical Workers IBEW Local 40
ibewlocal40.org

Electrical Workers IBEW Local 45
ibew45.org

Electrical Workers IBEW Local 441
ibewoc.com

Elevator Constructors Local 18
Iuec18.org

Iron Workers Local 416
ironworkers416.org

Iron Workers Local 433
ironworkers433.org

Iron Workers Local 509
ironworkers509.org

Southern California District Council of Laborers
scdcl.org

Laborers Local 300
local300.com

Laborers, Gunite Workers Local 345
gunitelocal345.com

Laborers Local 652
local652.com

Laborers Local 1309
local1309.com

Laborers Plaster Tenders Local 1414
plastertenders1414.com

Operating Engineers Local 12
local12.org

District Council 36 Painters & Allied Trades (IUPAT)
www.dc36.org

IUPAT Drywall Finishing Local 1136
dc36.org

IUPAT Glaziers Local 636
dc36.org

IUPAT Tradeshow & Sign Crafts Local 831
dc36.org

IUPAT Painters Local 1036
dc36.org

IUPAT Resilient Floor Local 1247
dc36.org

IUPAT Civil Service Local 1991
dc36.org

Southern California Pipe Trades District Council 16
dc16.org

Pipe Trades United Association Local 78: Plumbers
uaplumber78.com

Pipe Trades UA Local 250: Steam & Pipefitters Fitters
ua250.org

Pipe Trades UA Local 345: Landscape/Irrigation, Sewer, Storm
ua345.org

Pipe Trades UA Local 398: Plumbers & Fitters
local398.org

Pipe Trades UA Local 582: Plumbers & Fitters
ualocal582.org

Pipe Trades UA Local 669: Road Sprinkler Fitters
sprinklerfitters669.org

Pipe Trades UA Local 709: Sprinkler Fitters
sprinklerfitters709.org

Pipe Trades UA Local 761: Plumbers & Fitters
local761.org

Plasterers & Cement Masons District Council
opcmia.org

Plasterers Local 200
pl200.org

Cement Masons Local 500
cementmasons500.org

Cement Masons Local 600
cementmasons600.org

Plasterers/Cement Masons Local 755
local755.com

Roofers & Waterproofers Local 36
facebook.com/Rooferslocal36

Roofers & Waterproofers Local 220
unionroofers.com

SMART Sheet Metal Local 105
local105.org

Sheet Metal Local 170
smart170.org

Teamsters Joint Council 42
teamstersjc42.com

Teamsters Local 848
teamsters848.org

Teamsters Local 952
teamsters952.org

Teamsters Local 986
local986.org

All these websites have contact info and at least one of them would be a good career for TS, also in Unionized construction they have investment plans to help people retire comfortably etc. The work people do as chefs and cooks is difficult and sometimes Unions, honestly, recruit right out of restaurants when they see someone promising and hard working.

Damn sorry to hear about your situation. If you are saying the truth, that royally sucks that you're going through all that. I'd probably get overly stressed out by the situation. Not sure what to say really. Hopefully everything turns out the best for you.

I think you might be my favorite Sherdogger

Did you grab the wrong breast and thigh to batter and fry? Why would you just quit if you're innocent? I'd fight that shit bro

Man I am glad I am not in my early 20s anymore cause I would probably be fired for sexual harrassment every week. I flirted with all my hot female co-workers and some of them let me hit it or at least hung out with me after work. Then again its not harrasment if they enjoy it I guess. That fine line.

I heard I was accused of harrasment (inappropriate touching) by a woman supervisor at my job. The company has never brought it up to me, the woman has never said anything about it to me and my boss hasn't mentioned it to me.

I put in my two weeks and my boss and the assistant manager verbally accepted my resignation. Would you guys continue to work there for the remaining 2 weeks if you were in my shoes? I believe they were about to fire me for this accusation. The female supervisor was acting like she couldn't be around me anymore. I didn't sign anything saying I was quitting so it was all verbal so far.

Tbh id be anxious too. Soon as I heard about it i'd wanna quit and move far away from any chance of being labelled something.

And I work from home.

Is the restaurant part of a large chain? If so, lawyer up and file a suit. Even if you're guilty you might be found innocent and can cash a check. Do you have any priors? If so, fuhgetaboutit.

File a suit? His employer hasn’t taken any action against him. He’s got no claim unless and until something happens. Him simply resigning out of paranoia leaves him with bupkis in terms of any legal rights against anybody.

File a suit? His employer hasn’t taken any action against him. He’s got no claim unless and until something happens. Him simply resigning out of paranoia leaves him with bupkis in terms of any legal rights against anybody.
He said he was accused of harassment of a sexual nature. That's a serious accusation even if false. Even if he merely "heard" it I would lawyer up. He might try to find another job and if they call this employer as a reference who knows what will be said. CYA.

He said he was accused of harassment of a sexual nature. That's a serious accusation even if false. Even if he merely "heard" it I would lawyer up. He might try to find another job and if they call this employer as a reference who knows what will be said. CYA.

He said his company hasn’t brought it up to him. He didn’t provide any details or explanation as to how he “heard” he was being accused of sexual harassment, but at this point it suggest that all he’s heard is rumours about the supervisor accusing him.

If his employer terminates him he could potentially pursue a wrongful dismissal claim (with potentially a dubious prospect of success) but right now there’s not much he can do, other than to go after his supervisor for defamation but that’s incredibly risky, especially since the factual underpinnings of the accusation are partially based in reality given his admission to touching her ass.

He said his company hasn’t brought it up to him. He didn’t provide any details or explanation as to how he “heard” he was being accused of sexual harassment, but at this point it suggest that all he’s heard is rumours about the supervisor accusing him.

If his employer terminates him he could potentially pursue a wrongful dismissal claim (with potentially a dubious prospect of success) but right now there’s not much he can do, other than to go after his supervisor for defamation but that’s incredibly risky, especially since the factual underpinnings of the accusation are partially based in reality given his admission to touching her ass.

It seems odd to me that if OP was innocent that he'd self resign, therefore giving up any and all recourse he might have for wrongful termination.....right? I mean if he's innocent and wants to work there he'd be better off staying and waiting to see if they file an actual written complaint against him.

Sounds like he:
1. Did it and is worried he's going to be formally written up and wants to avoid this.
2. Didn't do it but still doesn't want to go through the hassle of fighting it or being labeled.
3. Just feels like quitting and using this as an excuse to quit.

Yes, but he didn't say he admitted anything to his employer, only to a bunch of people on a karate forum. Even if it's just rumors thus far that's still a serious thing. Honestly, he needs to find out EXACTLY what is going on because this kind of thing can follow you around and can even be brought up YEARS after the fact.

1. @1122 you say the incident that you think is to blame happened two months ago. Has anything happened more recently to make you think that only now is the company looking into the incident? Like did someone say something to you about it? Did you overhear something being said about it?
rs.

A coworker cracked a joke about it when I walked past her. But the company itself has said nothing about it.

haha-no.gif

So you quit your job??

laugh-smile.gif
Yeah, but the day I put in my notice I was getting stares from everyone and there was tons of gossip behind my back. I think she told Chef that she couldn't continue to work around me or something. Chef seemed upset, like he was gonna have to fire me but didn't want to. So I hit the ejection button and quit. I don't think this was all in my head but I'm sure some of the details are off. I think getting away would be good for my mental at this point, and I am confident Chef will give me a positive reference.

Man I am glad I am not in my early 20s anymore cause I would probably be fired for sexual harrassment every week. I flirted with all my hot female co-workers and some of them let me hit it or at least hung out with me after work. Then again its not harrasment if they enjoy it I guess. That fine line.

Its harassment only if you look like shit or if a chick that wants you got snubbed by you and now is on a war path for pay back.

During winter time, I pretty much gain weight, stop shaving and stop straightening my hair. Basically a fat bearded guy with scraggily hair and that is a look that every chick from every age range tries to dodge. But when I lose weight, shave and lose weight via raw foods I look over a decade younger and have clear skin to go with it. I tend to get treated like a completely different human being once I put the work in which also includes wearing decent outfits.

Teens to grannies will start a conversation. Hence why I prefer hot young babes. I REFUSE to give any old hag any attention or affection since they are just as shallow as they come. That and its more respectable to be exclusive with who you give attention to since I know for a fact that if I tried to hit on the women my age or older, they would have the tendency to be far more cruel in their response and rejection.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
plasterby
Back