*** Power Slap Championship Discussion MEGA THREAD ***Power Slap 7 Friday April 12 9pm EST

Do you love or hate Power Slap (Fighting)?

• Total voters
Any next day gifs for the people who missed it?

Didn't do it during the event, but since you asked I'll start throwing them up the night of after the next one 😉

Like the above Slap Head said, it's free on Rumble but if dat ain't your ting I was planning on throwing some together tonight and posting em later

Power Slap's Bryce Mitchell got dat rizz fam

Vids of Power Slap 6 KO's ✋ 💥 😴

Robert Trujillo vs Dallas Marron:
Trujillo via rd 2 KO

Vern Cathey vs. Country Hoodlum
Vern Cathey via rd 2 KO

Ryan Phillips vs Nate Burnard
Ryan Phillips via rd 2 KO

Sheena Bathory vs Jackie Cataline
Sheena via DQ rd 1 (clubbing) still undefeated GOAT and queen of Power Slap #CheatersNeverProsper

Manny Muniz vs KO Christapher
Manny Muniz via rd 5 KO

Full card results:
Robert Trujillo defeats Dallas Marron by TKO in Round 2

Branden Bordeaux and Eddie Brahimir compete to a majority draw (28-28, 28-28, 28-27)

Cole Young (30-27, 30-27, 29-28) defeats Zach Zane by Unanimous Decision

Duane Crespo (30-27, 30-27, 29-28) defeats Logan Greenhalgh by Unanimous Decision

Vern Cathey defeated Delvin Hamlett by KO in Round 2

TJ Thomas defeats Garrett Blakesslee due to Doctor’s Stoppage in Round 1

Wesley Drain (28-27, 28-27, 28-27) defeats Garrett Grimes by Unanimous Decision

Makini Manu defeats Danie van Heerden due to Illegal Strikes in Round 2

Ryan Phillips defeats Nate Burnard by TKO in Round 2

Brian Ellis defeats Dorian Perez by Disqualification due to Offensive Fouls

Sheena Bathory defeats Jackie Cataline by Disqualification due to Clubbing in Round 1

Manny Muniz defeats Christapher Thomas by KO in Round 5

Last edited:
Didn't do it during the event, but since you asked I'll start throwing them up the night of after the next one 😉

Like the above Slap Head said, it's free on Rumble but if dat ain't your ting I was planning on throwing some together tonight and posting em later
I'm worried bro, it seems like spending time on sherdog is slowly erasing your accent, I feel a bit guilty for contributing to what is obviously systemic nevada-flavoured white washing.

I'm worried bro, it seems like spending time on sherdog is slowly erasing your accent, I feel a bit guilty for contributing to what is obviously systemic nevada-flavoured white washing.

Nah was just choppin it up wid chatGPT asking computer mans make me sound mad smart cuz I know sometym ppl ain't be knowin dat T-Dot speak too well (myself include I was still been learning to promote #Inclusivity ). Dis me keepin' it a buck tho #Truth 🦌 🔫 💵 💯

If you was have any question you was letting me know yes?

nksalute.png
#PeaceBeWithYou

If you was have any question you was letting me know yes?
Is the show identical in quality to the first episodes ? I think I looked most of the first episode and a few minutes of the second, then I tapped, and threw the towel on my TV.

I'm not that surprised that it exists and that there is a public for that, everybody saw those soviets on old youtube compilations ; but my humble opinion is that the show should be directed by the love child of Proust, Sophocles and Nietzche (the crazy version after he saw Cthulhu) to get some great storytelling and a masterful staging, bringing catharsis and food for thought about Übermenschen slapping each other.

But for now, and even without considerations about CTE (which seems to be a problem for quite a lot of sports anyway)... I thought that once you saw one or two KOs, there wasn't much left to be excited about. In fact I just found it extremely repetitive.

So is the appeal just that, to see guys getting hit in the face, like, easy and direct violence ? I'm not asking in a judgmental way, I just kinda hope that they found a way to make this a bit more interesting, somehow. To be fair, I guess that charismatic contestants could do that, but I wasn't really impressed by what I saw.

How does it work, like tournaments, or more like the UFC, with a ranking, etc ?

Is the show identical in quality to the first episodes ? I think I looked most of the first episode and a few minutes of the second, then I tapped, and threw the towel on my TV.

I'm not that surprised that it exists and that there is a public for that, everybody saw those soviets on old youtube compilations ; but my humble opinion is that the show should be directed by the love child of Proust, Sophocles and Nietzche (the crazy version after he saw Cthulhu) to get some great storytelling and a masterful staging, bringing catharsis and food for thought about Übermenschen slapping each other.

But for now, and even without considerations about CTE (which seems to be a problem for quite a lot of sports anyway)... I thought that once you saw one or two KOs, there wasn't much left to be excited about. In fact I just found it extremely repetitive.

So is the appeal just that, to see guys getting hit in the face, like, easy and direct violence ? I'm not asking in a judgmental way, I just kinda hope that they found a way to make this a bit more interesting, somehow. To be fair, I guess that charismatic contestants could do that, but I wasn't really impressed by what I saw.

How does it work, like tournaments, or more like the UFC, with a ranking, etc ?

Ayo fam maybe you peeped the first cycle of The Road to Title #TRT 📺? Those episodes ain't for every mandem still 💯 I rate them 'cause I was deep in slaps like it was Bitcoin 💰 but gotta say it felt like TUF but with less jokes and more Alcohol ads😂💸 If you stick around long enough though your brain's gonna do a 180 real quick 🔄

Caught the moment when El Perro got waved off that Howler Head and started wildin' with everyone in the house even that face tat dude tryna square up lmfaoll 🍻🤦‍♂️ then Vercules steps in like a real one in dad-mode telling mans to cut it and hit the sheets or he's about to catch hands respect due 🛌👊 It's like this fam the "last mans" always quick to judge when another's caught slipping at their lowest 💔 But sometimes it's about rising above flipping the script doing good by showing a next man the light even when they're off the rails 🚀💡 Str8 Z-man vibes with good guy Verc giving the foreshadowin' and all dat. Knew mans was hurtin' deep down and gave him a hand.

Then Power Slap 1 drops and it's like seeing the real side of these guys you've been side-eyeing Slap Jesus out here with 5 youngins just dropped the bottle tryna stack cash be a solid dad man's used to catching hands for free now he's tryna make it legit 🍼💰 Same vibe with KO Chris 🥊

They're like us fam just deeper in it some are tradesmen with a past in scrappin' never went full tilt after starting families 🏠👨‍👩‍👧‍👦 Some mans like Waylon Frost showing fems got that strength too just on a different flex and they can still buck widda mandem 🦌💪 The mandem got demons fam unfulfilled dreams just tryna break out the ends by taking chances aiming to be whole that's why they filled out that application online 📝🌟 Everyone tryna chase that Ubermensch wave after seeing what they can do and being given a true shot at doin it big 🤚🏿💥

When you add it all up it's pure vibes real life's the best storyteller just gotta stay woke to what's real makes you wanna see every man catch that W fr 💯🏆 Reminds us to never stop grinding chasing that dream taking them risks you know? 🚀💼

Mix in Bisping and Dan Hellie's banter 😂 sick camera work 🎥 Mark Smith str8 hatin' this gig but mans got bills to pay 🤦🏿‍♂️💸 Forrest Griffin being damn good at his job 🫴🏻 "He slapped off count!!" 🤬 and you got prime time viewing fam 👀 Not just aboot the sport it's the whole trip laughter tears rooting for mandem chatting smack aboot the opposition feeling no ways 'cause it's all love they're just like us facing their own battles 🗣️💘

Aboot the repetitiveness it's not UFC level technical but think arm wrestling darts golf you start seeing some of the depth 🎯🏌️‍♂️ A slap might look simple but it's chess not checkers wondering aboot the strategy behind each move that whip slap or the timing switch meaty overhand on 3 could be a game changer 🧠🕹️ Kinda like UFC ground game your boys might clown for being bare homo but you know the skill involved 🤼‍♂️🌈 It's all aboot peeling back the layers watching the sport and the mandem evolve that's the real thrill #Trust 🌱🔝

TL;DR It ain't all violence it's a vibe like WWF Attitude era meets Over the Top with a dash of darts on meth and every second is gold IMHO #JustMyCents 💣💥Watch the numbered events if you just wanna see slaps and skip both cycles of TRT

But yeah they got rankings fam for sure stats too 📊🥇🥈🥉🥫

Last edited:
Ayo tho...this time last year I was hypin' up all the celebs into slap scraps but y'all thot I was lyin'.

Tom Brady and Charles Barkley rolled through to show love for the athleticism these guys brought

H8rs can nize it 🙅🗣️📢

Damn Metallica really fallen off

Fingers be pluckin 🤘
Hands be buckin' ✋ 💥 🦌

images

Back