PPV Numbers for the Volk vs. Islam rematch?

Conan the K-9

Zero Bark Thirty
@purple
Reaction score
Many of us had doubts if 284 will sell good PPV wise. Do we have the numbers out, I could not find them?

One thing at least a rematch would sell very good, much much better than this fight. And that’s why we are going to see it.
Do you agree?

shit, can’t edit the header. PPV

I read somewhere they no longer reveal PPV buys (i could be wrong)
I agree a rematch will sell very good, given how close it was. If these two have terrible losses soon, then maybe the rematch wont be as hyped

this is prob BS, as PPV numbers are never a matter of fact

UFC 284 PPV took place on February 11, 2023, in Perth, Australia, and saw a lightweight championship bout in the main event. Both Makhachev and Volkanovksi are expected to take $500,000 in base salary. With an expected 500,000 PPV buys, we can expect them to get another $400,000 in PPV bonuses

Many of us had doubts if 284 will sell good PPV wise. Do we have the numbers out, I could not find them?

One thing at least a rematch would sell very good, much much better than this fight. And that’s why we are going to see it.
Do you agree?

cannot see a rematch, this fight personally never felt as huge as it could be, both divisions will move on.
If Volk moves up again, he needs to stay up at 155.

Much respect for Volk, he was defiantly fighting a bigger fighter. Amazing, he's fighting P4P best guy, and a guy that is bigger than him as well! I wasn't a big Volk fan before, but I am now.:cool:

We don’t need to see a little manlet rolling about on his back screeching at the camera at the camera. Bar the last two mins of the fight volks best move was getting up from a takedown. People just think this was a robbery because they hate Islam, literally.

If there is heat (like Volk’s people accusing Islam of cheating) and some drama builds around it then it could probably sell pretty well.

Id rather see both divisions move on though. Especially FW has some exciting prospects like , Allen, Evloev and Topuria who need to get title shots soon. They don’t deserve a champ who spends 2 full camps up trying to take another belt that he probably won’t even win.

The people that pay for ppvs is at a certain level these days unless there is dome "mega-fight" that attracts casual fan interest, ie Conor.

Sadly a rematch of a great fight between two relative unknown champs outside of the usual paying audience isn't going to see a radical increase in buys.

I think Volk will fight Conor and after he wins they’ll do the rematch

Doesn't sound like they are talking about PPV numbers after so it must not of been very good. Rematch will sell better, but we also have 2 divisions held up until 2024 if they fought again this year.

Do you agree?

There better not be a rematch.. unless Alex vacates the FW belt.

And it’s fine if he does. Yair becomes the undisputed champ. And fights Allen in his first defence.

They don’t release ppv numbers anymore. We may get something unofficial in the next cpl days. But I’m guessing 300-400K. There were no big names on that card. The card delivered but probably did not sell well.

strongly doubt the ufc wants to do a rematch.

neither guys is such a big star its worth holding up 2 divisions. ufc did volk a favor since he had a huge run. he lost though.

unless the ufc gives volk the p4p spot back islam has no reason to rematch him.

Back