Pre-fight discussion UFC 297 Strickland vs. Du Plessis Sat. Jan. 20 Early Prelims 6:30PM ET ESPN+, Main PPV 10PM ET

Planning to watch

• All of it

• Most of it

• Some of it

Results are only viewable after voting.
What is your outcome for Strickland vs DDP fight?.
cat.gif

DDP KO in R4 ;)

cat.gif

DDP KO in R4 ;)
I believe in your pick because of your recent run, you have been doing excellent in picks the last few months. :D My taplogy picks have gone way up because of copying yours haha. Those back to back UFC events when you got 11 out of 12 fights correct made me want to copy yours from now on lol

Even though you didn't always get the method of victory correct, you always picked the right winner 99% of the time. Lets see if your run continues ;)

Looking forward to Movsar Evloevs fight. He’s the next champion when he gets his shot.

Man why can't this fight be happening today? Arghh...

I think dricus will probably win. But does anyone else think he was kind of a dick to Sean? Saying he'd have flashbacks of when his parents beat him. That's pretty effed up lol. Hope Sean wins

Preview: UFC 297 ‘Strickland vs. Du Plessis’​

Strickland vs. Du Plessis​

FacebookTwitterReddit0Email

TOM FEELY JAN 18, 2024 COMMENTS

The Ultimate Fighting Championship’s first pay-per-view of 2024 offers up a solid main card this Saturday at Scotiabank Arena. The promotion’s return to Toronto after five years features two title fights, neither of which were on anyone’s radar heading into 2023. Sean Strickland, author of one of 2023’s most stunning upsets against Israel Adesanya, defends his middleweight strap against Dricus Du Plessis in the UFC 297 headliner, while Raquel Pennington and Mayra Bueno Silva vie for the bantamweight belt Amanda Nunes vacated in June in the co-main event. Beyond that, it is proving time for two top Canadian prospects. Welterweight Mike Malottlooks to keep up his undefeated UFC record against perennial gatekeeper Neil Magny, while middleweight Marc-Andre Barriault attempts to continue a stunning career turnaround against Chris Curtis. Opening things up is a featherweight showcase between fringe contenders Arnold Allen and Movsar Evloev that might be the best-matched fight on the card.

Now to the UFC 297 “Strickland vs. Du Plessis” preview:

Wow this card has zero big names on it... what the fuck happened to the UFC? I used to watch every card, every weekend like it was my religion... now I could give a fuck. I usually forget its even on because it starts at 2PM on a fucking Saturday half the time... it's at the point where main events are lackluster champs vs. some other contender. Champs don't even feel special any more... last guy that felt special was Ngannou and he's gone now. Oh yeah and there's old ass Jones, like he's got any more than a year or 2 max left.

Back