• Most of it

• Some of it

Results are only viewable after voting.

PurpleStorm

purp
Staff member
Senior Moderator
Reaction score
After a week off, and a weekend of events including ONE FC, PFL, boxing and Fight Circus, the UFC returns this Saturday with the main event lightweight bout of Grant Dawson vs. Bobby Green. The card also features other names like Alex Morono, Ion Cutelaba and Karolina Kowalkiewicz.

What do you think of the card? Any predictions or pre-fight breakdowns you'd like to share? Here's the place for pre-fight discussion. Enjoy the fights.

F6p5N0tXcAAJXm-.jpg

Saturday 10.07.2023 at 04:00 PM ET
U.S. Broadcast: ESPN+
Promotion: Ultimate Fighting Championship
Ownership: Endeavor
Venue: UFC Apex
Enclosure: Octagon
MMA Bouts: 12

Montana De La Rosa (12-8-1) vs. J.J. Aldrich (12-6)
Nathan Maness (14-3) vs. Mateus Mendonca (10-1)
Vanessa Demopoulos (9-5) vs. Kanako Murata (12-2)
Qileng Aori (24-10) vs. Johnny Munoz Jr. (12-3)
Chris Gutierrez (19-5-2) vs. Montel Jackson (13-2) Jackson out. Gutierrez will fight next week.
Karolina Kowalkiewicz (15-7) vs. Diana Belbita (15-7)
Alexander Hernandez (14-6) vs. Bill Algeo (17-7)
Philipe Lins (17-5) vs. Ion Cutelaba (17-9-1)
Drew Dober (26-12, 1 NC) vs. Ricky Glenn (22-7-2)
Alex Morono (23-8, 1 NC) vs. Joaquin Buckley (16-6)
Joseph Pyfer (11-2) vs. Abdul Razak Alhassan (12-5)
Grant Dawson (20-1-1) vs. Bobby Green (30-14-1)

Shillan and Duffy: UFC Fight Night 229 Preview
BEN DUFFY KEITH SHILLAN OCT 2, 2023
Keith and Ben preview UFC Fight Night 229, also known as "UFC Vegas 80," with detailed predictions and picks for all 12 fights. Lively discussion includes baseball playoffs and fantasy football.

Last edited:
Main event doesnt interest me much

BUT
at least a half dozen bouts Ill be sure to not miss

monstro vs hulk could be 3 mins of violence

dober vs glenn is my fotn pick
both them dudes show up to Fight!

buckley vs morono
this one has a lot on the line I think
one guy moves up the ladder, the other stays as top 15-20 gate keeper , likely indefinitely . super interesting imo

hernandez vs algeo also could turn up and be a heater. bill will be there for the fight. wont just cower to hernandez, could be fun

Really interested to see how Gutierrez responds after getting bullied a bit by Munhoz. (Guess I'll have to wait on this one)

Want to see if Mendonca carries the power down to FLW.

Algeo has one of the funkiest styles in MMA, almost like a mix of Sandhagen and Dom, with a little traditional karate thrown in. Not to mention an insane pace.

Last edited:
Jackson/Gutierrez is off so we're down to 11 fights already (Gutierrez moved to next week)

One week without UFC really freaked me out... I actually had to do normal non-fight stuff on the weekend. It was so weird to live real life wearing a shirt F that lol! :mad:

With Hernandez, Cutelaba, Morono (vs) Buckley, Pyfer, and of course the main event this seems like a pretty solid card to me. Even the WMMA fights aren't so bad. I think it's gonna be a fun time with lots of KOs! :) Got to do my tap. See you all on the weekend! :D

Enjoy the fights guys

These threads don't feel the same without <YayKpop>Clementine and her picks!
<JonesLaugh>

Quick, David! Put on a wig and make us a grainy butthype gif so everything feels normal!

<Wendy01>

I'm always excited for a drew dober fight, I hope he bounces back. Pyfer got a little ko streak I think? I hope he keeps it going. That Buckley morono fight, not sure what I think. I hope Buckley does something explosive but Morono seems pretty solid. I could see morono just doing solid work behind his jab and make it kinda boring.

Can't wait for the fights!

My picks
Dawson (W) vs Green
Morono vs Buckley (W)
Pyfer (W) vs Abdul razak
Drew dober vs Rick Glenn(W)
Philip Lins (W) vs Ion Cutelaba
Hernandez (W) vs Ageo

Wish it was IFO an actual audience but excited for some of the bouts for sure.

What happened to clementine? Dude was ok.

green and ferguson are for tuning up the careers of newer fighters. hope they both win.

Preview: UFC Fight Night 229 ‘Dawson vs. Green’
Dawson vs. Green
TOM FEELY

The Ultimate Fighting Championship gets back to business after a rare bye week and will put forth a worthwhile offering with UFC Fight Night 229 on Saturday at the UFC Apex in Las Vegas. The main event may lack star power but looks like an interesting fight on paper, as rising lightweight Grant Dawson tries to prove himself as a five-round threat against a perennial tough out in Bobby Green. Beyond that, there is serious potential for violence. The middleweight co-headliner pairing Joseph Pyfer with Abdul Razak Alhassan, a welterweight showcase pitting Alex Moronoagainst Joaquin Buckley and a lightweight attraction matching Drew Dober with Ricky Glenn all have decent odds of ending in knockouts. Throw in a fun opener between Alexander Hernandezand Bill Algeo, and the lineup carries considerable depth for a show of this size.

Now to the UFC Fight Night 229 “Dawson vs. Green” preview:

https://www.sherdog.com/news/articles/1/Preview-UFC-Fight-Night-229-Dawson-vs-Green-191286

Literally a MUCH better card than last PPV .. an ita an Apex card. Lol

Back