Movies Predator Franchise - More on the way!!

Haven't bothered to watch anything related to the franchise since Predators (2010), and I recently rewatched it and its still pretty good.

Have no interest in watching anything after it, including 'Prey.'

I only ever watch Predator. So meh. Keep milking this cow I guess.

He made a good movie last time. I'll give him the benefit of the doubt for another. I don't like the future setting though. Having the Predator show up in other historical time frames is an entertaining premise.
I think numerous fans of the franchise have been desperate to see more of the Predator planet, hence the future settings for Badlands.
They only showed a glimpse of it in Aliens vs Predator: Requiem

'' Like Prey, however, it too will feature a female lead. ''

<{cruzshake}>

Yup, pretty much my first thought as well.

Leading up to the movie's release, I thought Prey was going to be a complete disaster of a film. Petite female lead, early 1700's, bows and arrows and hatchets vs a massive alien with cloaking technology and infinitely superior weapons? Really not sure how they could have made it even more one-sided than it already was, and even more surprisingly Prey turned out pretty good.

That being said, let's not dip into the well one too many times.

I just hope they get away from the action-comedy-adventure, just make a damn horror film.

Nah I'm good. They don't deserve more money ever.

He made a good movie last time. I'll give him the benefit of the doubt for another. I don't like the future setting though. Having the Predator show up in other historical time frames is an entertaining premise.
That could literally be the format from now on: Predator shows up in historical / ancient times. We could have medieval knight / samurai / viking / spartans / mayans / egyptians / imperial chinese etc fight Predator in their own turf.

Last edited:
I'm a huge Predator fan, but I have no excitement for a new Predator movie. The franchise is ruined already. When people went to watch the first Predator, they went to watch Schwarzenegger, but after that they went to watch the Predator itself. It's supposed to be a badass intergalactic hunter so why in the fuck they keep getting killed by random human characters no one cares about?

Predator having a female lead is fine. It's originally meant to be a horror/slasher movie. Even the manliest man is considered feminine against a monster.

They are just milking the franchise with no respect with the lore. I am not sure people are interested in a real predator movie/series anyways. I will admit that predator comics had female leads and a female lead shouldn't be a big issue.

Reactions: 666
Prey was good. All of you complaining is the reason we can't have nice things. The Indian backdrop was very original. The story was pretty solid. The fighting scenes were a little over the top but if you just go with it for the 10 minutes of the movie that it makes up, it is alright. I wish they would have grounded the fight scenes more in reality but people forget how over the top and silly some of the action was from Arnold in the first one. I liked it a lot more than I thought I would have.

Prey was superb which really shocked me, but I struggle to see what more juice can be milked out of this franchise now.
I think Prey showed you how much better these franchsies can be if you stick to the basic formula which made them good in the first place rather than making overly complex geeky films(IE poorly written) which "expand the lore".

Honestly Predator they could do pretty much endless versions of the same story in different times/places.

I tend to agree.

Future sci fi stuff is more the Alien brand. Predator 1 and 2 had loose connotations of LA gang wars and Vietnam/Contra chapters of American history. Prey brought the pre-contact era. The futuristic sci-fi stuff is better done with Alien or AVP crossovers, I think.

I'll have to give Prey another watch. Sort of watched it once, mostly just slept through it. Ive downloaded it again, but haven't been able to convince my girlfriend to watch it with me. Yet.

I think Prey showed you how much better these franchsies can be if you stick to the basic formula which made them good in the first place rather than making overly complex geeky films(IE poorly written) which "expand the lore".

Honestly Predator they could do pretty much endless versions of the same story in different times/places.

Yes, I think this is what I was getting at in my post above - The idea of Predator is an alien species that considers bravery and cunning to be crucial, and comes to test humanity throughout history. It's a cool device that sort of strips our technology away from out historical development and tests our humanity without reference to technology, because the predator is always technologically superior but desires a fair fight.

So, indeed, taking this basic idea and expaning it to different warior cultures through human history would be really cool. Samurai vs. Predator. Maori vs. Predator. Inuit seal hunter vs. frozen predator. They should make a netflix series on this, from the perspective of the Predators coming back and whooping ass or getting smacked around. Would watch.

Back