Movies Predator Franchise - More on the way!!

Samurai vs. Predator. Maori vs. Predator. Inuit seal hunter vs. frozen predator.
Alien that can travel between galaxies and whose culture is centered around hunting should wipe the floor with all those bums. This shouldn't even be a question.

was that girly predator version any good? I know the trailor was shitted on, but if it's good and tits and ass, then.......
Wasn't a bad movie at all. How she actually took out the Predator I thought was a bit dumb but overall a good movie.

Reactions: HHJ
Prey was good. All of you complaining is the reason we can't have nice things. The Indian backdrop was very original. The story was pretty solid. The fighting scenes were a little over the top but if you just go with it for the 10 minutes of the movie that it makes up, it is alright. I wish they would have grounded the fight scenes more in reality but people forget how over the top and silly some of the action was from Arnold in the first one. I liked it a lot more than I thought I would have.

Lol it wasn’t original at all. Some fanboy made a fan film years earlier that Prey copied.

Alien that can travel between galaxies and whose culture is centered around hunting should wipe the floor with all those bums. This shouldn't even be a question.

Well, i mean... dude. it's a fuckin movie. Also, you'll be shocked to know that in the original Predator, Arnold wasn't actually an elite commando.

The whole thing of Predator, from my albeit limited understanding is that they intentionally dress down and dont use weapons that would make it an unfair fight, right? like presumably the predator species has the ability to nuke earth from across the solar system, but they aren't really interested in killing humans at all costs, they are interested in coming down to test themselves in combat on a relatively even playing field.

Haven't bothered to watch anything related to the franchise since Predators (2010), and I recently rewatched it and its still pretty good.

Have no interest in watching anything after it, including 'Prey.'
Prey is worth the watch. Some cool scenes, much more true to form. It absolutely shit on The Predator, which I thought legit killed the franchise.

Well, i mean... dude. it's a fuckin movie. Also, you'll be shocked to know that in the original Predator, Arnold wasn't actually an elite commando.

The whole thing of Predator, from my albeit limited understanding is that they intentionally dress down and dont use weapons that would make it an unfair fight, right? like presumably the predator species has the ability to nuke earth from across the solar system, but they aren't really interested in killing humans at all costs, they are interested in coming down to test themselves in combat on a relatively even playing field.
Their goal is to improve their hunting skills. I'm sure this sometimes means testing their hand to hand combat skills, but they're definitely interest in upgrading their tech.

Yes, I think this is what I was getting at in my post above - The idea of Predator is an alien species that considers bravery and cunning to be crucial, and comes to test humanity throughout history. It's a cool device that sort of strips our technology away from out historical development and tests our humanity without reference to technology, because the predator is always technologically superior but desires a fair fight.

So, indeed, taking this basic idea and expaning it to different warior cultures through human history would be really cool. Samurai vs. Predator. Maori vs. Predator. Inuit seal hunter vs. frozen predator. They should make a netflix series on this, from the perspective of the Predators coming back and whooping ass or getting smacked around. Would watch.

Or dangerous settings...
Predator in the Crusades (knights!)
Predator on the WW1 Western Front (trenches!)
Predator in Nam (all kinds of bad stuff!)
Predator in Siberia (in Soviet Russia, Gulag predators you!)
Predator in Stalingrad (urban insanity!)
Predator in Afghanastan (Russians, and CIA and Mujahideen oh my)
Predator in Falusia (sp) (modern combat)

Reactions: HHJ
Share your thoughts when it's over. It's not perfect, but it's definitely better than the last few.
This. Especially the Predator being less tech advanced and a bit more risk taking than the other entries. I took this Predator as a completely green Hunter getting tested.

I know a few people won’t like the female lead but shit, a bunch of the OG Predator comics featured a female lead.

I enjoyed the movie, critiques aside (cause there are some solid ones), it was just out and out better than The Predator which was a complete dumpster fire and had nothing redeemable in it.

This. Especially the Predator being less tech advanced and a bit more risk taking than the other entries. I took this Predator as a completely green Hunter getting tested.

I know a few people won’t like the female lead but shit, a bunch of the OG Predator comics featured a female lead.

I enjoyed the movie, critiques aside (cause there are some solid ones), it was just out and out better than The Predator which was a complete dumpster fire and had nothing redeemable in it.

Yeah, honestly its probably the second best Predator movie, which is not exactly the highest bar. I have a soft spot for Predator 2 because I remember being a kid and seeing it in the theater. Still, being pragmatic about it, Prey is probably superior.

I thought they did OK with the female lead in prey. Not perfect, but passable. Certainly much better than the Boss Bitches of the last decade or so. But I dont think striving for a female lead is going to make anything better. The director has yet to make a movie I didnt find entertaining, so I gotta give him the benefit of the doubt. But my fear is they think of it as a "checkbox" to tick now, and you could argue that Prey was actually a stepping stone towards strong female lead character that arent ust "better" at everything than their male counterparts. What I mean is, since they pulled it off you could say that Prey had a good reason to have a female lead since thats fairly rare nowadays. If they just wanna "check the box" then that just leads back to the same issue as before.

Last edited:
Predator having a female lead is fine. It's originally meant to be a horror/slasher movie. Even the manliest man is considered feminine against a monster.

They are just milking the franchise with no respect with the lore. I am not sure people are interested in a real predator movie/series anyways. I will admit that predator comics had female leads and a female lead shouldn't be a big issue.
It's an issue when they choose a 110lb waif. Come one, at least come up with some real competition for the professional alien sport hunter. I understand you have to leave some reality at the door, but at least give us a trained soldier like Arnold and his crew. You thought Sanaa Lathan was worthy? It takes away from the villain. Why even do another woman? They have done it, no new ground to be made. Choose someone like Helmsworth from Extraction, or Statham from Beekeeper. I;m not anti woman, my favorite movie of all time has a heroine as seen by my av.

Yes, I think this is what I was getting at in my post above - The idea of Predator is an alien species that considers bravery and cunning to be crucial, and comes to test humanity throughout history.

This is why it should make no difference to a fan if a lead in a predator flick is male or female. The original film goes to pretty great lengths to portray how trying to take on a predator head on with aggression, firepower, muscle, all the things were are used to action heroes relying on, is doomed to fail.

It's bravery and cunning they seek as worthy adversaries and that doesn't really come from testicles.

If a predator is 7' 400+ lbs how much difference does it make if you're 200 lbs like hemsworth or 140 lbs woman, you're totally getting physically dominated either way.

Last edited:
It's an issue when they choose a 110lb waif. Come one, at least come up with some real competition for the professional alien sport hunter. I understand you have to leave some reality at the door, but at least give us a trained soldier like Arnold and his crew. You thought Sanaa Lathan was worthy? It takes away from the villain. Why even do another woman? They have done it, no new ground to be made. Choose someone like Helmsworth from Extraction, or Statham from Beekeeper. I;m not anti woman, my favorite movie of all time has a heroine as seen by my av.
Did you see the movie?

predators should fight alliens not some 14th century bow and arrow weapons that can not do aything tohim. i mean predator kills grizzlie bar and then some 100 pound women goes and kills him. or get todays humans with similar tech and weaponery to fight him or have humans be tool for predator allien fights

It's part of the predator lore. They had several human females in the comics. Some of them been around since the 80s. There are also males in the franchise like Royce.

LOL do you even know anything about the franchise or you are just ranting? That Sanaa Lathan character is based off an Asian female character in the comics. She got blooded after killing a queen. In the movies that Sanaa Lathan character's fate was undetermined while Machiko in the comics joined the Yautja and became a predator.

Last edited:
Back