Predictions on Robelis Despaigne

I have no problem with his age, especially at HW and considering he has very low MMA mileage.

I want to see more of his ground game defense but he’s a specimen and a freak athlete so he has that potential factor where his odds to land on anyone is high. The level of athleticism at HW is low so I can’t see a lot of them getting out of the way of his strikes.

View attachment 1036224

The guy has insane reach and powerful standup from the little that we seen. He has a ~5inch height advantage next Jon and Tom too. But he's old and a TKD base is generally always suspect. but whaddya think with the little that we seen
I started to write a prediction but ulimately, there just isn't enough data on this dude. I really don't know what to expect. Intuitively, I wanna say he'll struggle against wrestlers, but who's to say that he isn't the next Ngannou that finds ways to knock wrestlers out? I really don't know what to make of him yet, but I'll definitely be tuninng in to watch.

I started to write a prediction but ulimately, there just isn't enough data on this dude. I really don't know what to expect. Intuitively, I wanna say he'll struggle against wrestlers, but who's to say that he isn't the next Ngannou that finds ways to knock wrestlers out? I really don't know what to make of him yet, but I'll definitely be tuninng in to watch.
The UFC definitely is not going to give him any wrestlers until they absolutely have to.

Jailton blankets the shit out of him.

Big scary dude, definitely gonna be a problem. If Ngannou could windmill punch his way to a title i'm sure this guy can slip and fall around the cage until he gets a title. <lol>

Back