Prem Thread 23/24 v18: A Mad Ending

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've seen people make this comparison on Twitter a bit and I think it's because their technical data is pretty similar on fbref.com. There is not much between them as far as the players they are right now. Mainoo obviously has more potential and is better at carrying the ball. Skipp has the better passing stats though.

To be fair to Spurs, Mainoo wouldn't start for them either, Bissouma, Sarr, Bentancur, and Maddison are all better than him.
Besides if we are talking about England NT, Mainoo or Skipp arent starting over Rice, Bellingham, Foden, Grealish, Maddison next Euros. Add Henderson, TAA, Philips to potential England midfielders (since Southgate is the manager).

So if they arent starting or most likely wont get many minutes if any, take Mainoo since he is young and might be a starter in the future.

Last edited:
So if they arent starting or most likely wont get many minutes if any, take Mainoo since he is young and might be starter in the future.

Phillips getting in would be horrendous, wouldn't put it past Southgate though.

Ward-Prowse and Barkley deserve it more; hell, Gibbs White, Harvey Elliot, and Loftus Cheek should all be ahead of Mainoo. I can hear the argument that he has potential and might make the team in the future, but Ward-Prowse, Barkley, and Gibbs-White all offer more than Mainoo right now.

Mainoo should be with the U21s. Let him grow and get better and stop overhyping him.

Last edited:
Arsenal ducking off Ashley Cole on social media today. Triggering me. Fucking cunt of a admin posting that. Ffs!!!

Phillips getting in would be horrendous, wouldn't put it past Southgate though.

Ward-Prowse and Barkley deserve it more; hell, Gibbs White, Harvey Elliot, and Loftus Cheek should all be ahead of Mainoo. I can hear the argument that he has potential and might make the team in the future, but Ward-Prowse, Barkley, and Gibbs-White all offer more than Mainoo right now.

Mainoo should be with the U21s. Let him grow and get better and stop overhyping him.
Philips is a dmf no? Aside from Rice, who else is a dmf in the England squad, think rest are CM's or even AM's/wingers.
3rd game is against Slovenia so Philips starting that game is not the worst idea, give Rice some rest. Should have won games 1 and 2 + secured first place in the group even with a draw against Slovenia.

Agree with Harvey Elliot being called over Mainoo/Skipp if it comes down to those 3 being added to the team.
Maybe Gibbs White, rest you mentioned meh.

Anyway England has plenty of good/great midfielders to choose from and Kane (Watkins) up front. Their problem is the defense and goal keeping (and the fact Southgate has 2 bff's in Maguire and Henderson)

We are so bored by the international break that we're actually trying to have serious discussions about international football?

Which ever competent team gets the most luck and wins it's penalty shoot outs will win, as usual.
Incase you are a betting man, might want to put a large bet on Spurs in NLD.

We are so bored by the international break that we're actually trying to have serious discussions about international football?

Which ever competent team gets the most luck and wins it's penalty shoot outs will win, as usual.
I’m not even reading any of it fam, you won’t see me writing paragraphs about it, am I a prick?!?

@xtramob
[Bild+] In recent weeks, there have been direct contacts between Bayern and Roberto De Zerbi. The Italian coach is fascinated and flattered by Bayern's interest, but is also waiting to understand all available options

Anyway England has plenty of good/great midfielders to choose from and Kane (Watkins) up front. Their problem is the defense and goal keeping (and the fact Southgate has 2 bff's in Maguire and Henderson)

It's hilarious Maguire is still starting every game for Southgate <lmao>

Yesterday we were covering norwegian pop music girls. This is a huge step in the right direction

Last edited:
Erling Haaland on the changes he would make to football: "I want 'goal line technology' over the entire pitch. Also, for throw-ins, just have two hands on the ball. I don't even know the rules, and I'm probably doing it wrong. It shouldn't matter if you throw the ball down, up or whatever."
Villareal's Alexander Sorloth proposed in the same interview that if the same player are fowled and are lying on the ground in agony more than three times pr game, they should get substituted immediately.

Because time wasting is such a problem in La Liga

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back