Prem Thread 23/24 v18: A Mad Ending

Status
Not open for further replies.

3833.jpg

Spanish police have detained the disgraced former football federation president Luis Rubiales on his return to the country amid an ongoing corruption probe.

Spain’s Civil Guard said that Rubiales is being questioned by police at Madrid’s airport after he was detained on exiting the plane that brought him back home from the Dominican Republic. Police have 72 hours to hand Rubiales over to a judge or release him.

Rubiales was returning to Spain amid a judicial probe into the business deal to hold the Spanish Super Cup in Saudi Arabia.

Rubiales was in the Dominican Republic two weeks ago when police raided a property belonging to him in Granada and the offices of the Spanish Football Federation in Madrid as part of a corruption and money laundering investigation that included the Super Cup among other deals. Seven people were detained by police and Rubiales was identified as one of five additional individuals under investigation.

3833.jpg

Spanish police have detained the disgraced former football federation president Luis Rubiales on his return to the country amid an ongoing corruption probe.

Spain’s Civil Guard said that Rubiales is being questioned by police at Madrid’s airport after he was detained on exiting the plane that brought him back home from the Dominican Republic. Police have 72 hours to hand Rubiales over to a judge or release him.

Rubiales was returning to Spain amid a judicial probe into the business deal to hold the Spanish Super Cup in Saudi Arabia.

Rubiales was in the Dominican Republic two weeks ago when police raided a property belonging to him in Granada and the offices of the Spanish Football Federation in Madrid as part of a corruption and money laundering investigation that included the Super Cup among other deals. Seven people were detained by police and Rubiales was identified as one of five additional individuals under investigation.
But was Pique arrested?

@LEWIS540 - As we were discussing the other day, apparently INEOS are prioritising two CBs this summer. Great stuff, but my issue here is the names who are the favourites - Todibo and Branthwaite. I've only seen bits of both, but both look 'good' but not 'potentially great' to me. So replacing Varane and Maguire/Lindelof with those two, only really gives us reliability in terms of fitness rather than improving the team too much.

@LEWIS540 - As we were discussing the other day, apparently INEOS are prioritising two CBs this summer. Great stuff, but my issue here is the names who are the favourites - Todibo and Branthwaite. I've only seen bits of both, but both look 'good' but not 'potentially great' to me. So replacing Varane and Maguire/Lindelof with those two, only really gives us reliability in terms of fitness rather than improving the team too much.

Fuck knows, mate. It's always such a gamble when it comes to who can step up. Don't watch either of these lads so can't really comment.

At least they are the right age profile and at the stage of their careers where they should be ready for a big move........just as long as we are not spunking 75m on them, which is what was being touted for Branthwaite.

2 years after the fact and we're still discussing what to do with Greenwood, apparently. Heard his +1 was extended, too. Madness.

Fuck knows, mate. It's always such a gamble when it comes to who can step up. Don't watch either of these lads so can't really comment.

At least they are the right age profile and at the stage of their careers where they should be ready for a big move........just as long as we are not spunking 75m on them, which is what was being touted for Branthwaite.

2 years after the fact and we're still discussing what to do with Greenwood, apparently. Heard his +1 was extended, too. Madness.

Branthwaite gives me Maguire vibes if I'm honest. Todibo is apparently good, but not the best the French league has to offer. Seems like there's around 3-4 other CBs of a similar age profile in Europe who'd cost more or less the same, who are rated higher by those who watch them.

Branthwaite gives me Maguire vibes if I'm honest. Todibo is apparently good, but not the best the French league has to offer. Seems like there's around 3-4 other CBs of a similar age profile in Europe who'd cost more or less the same, who are rated higher by those who watch them.

All things considered, between Jones, Smalling, Maguire, Lindelof, Varane, Bailly, Blind and Martinez, can argue the last truly successful CB we signed was Vidic and that was 2006.

Can probably say the same for every position, saying that. Fergies last 5-6 years weren't particularly great, neither.

Need to get it right eventually or 10 years can easily become 30.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back