Everton 2 - 0 Sheffield United
West Ham 1 - 0 Luton
Bournemouth 1 - 0 Brentford
Wolves 1 - 1 Crystal Palace

Spurs 3 - 1 Burnley
Newcastle 2 - 0 Brighton
Forest 0 - 1 Chelsea

@Deffid and to think idiotic Arsenal fans wanted him gone

To be fair I think that was the right call for Arsenal at that point. The pace of the Premier League always gave him a lot of problems, they upgraded with Rice, though it was very expensive. But good for him having that kind of season, respect.

To be fair I think that was the right call for Arsenal at that point. The pace of the Premier League always gave him a lot of problems, they upgraded with Rice, though it was very expensive. But good for him having that kind of season, respect.
Rice, Odegaard and Xhaka could work though. Right now Partey or Jorginho is the 3rd man in Arsenal midfield.

Rice, Odegaard and Xhaka could work though. Right now Partey or Jorginho is the 3rd man in Arsenal midfield.
But he also turns 32 in September and still has four years left on the deal, so Leverkusen gave him a 5 year deal last summer. Pretty sure even if Arsenal offered more money per year, they would have given him a 3 year deal max. It worked for both sides (or three, incl. Leverkusen), though.

But he also turns 32 in September and still has four years left on the deal, so Leverkusen gave him a 5 year deal last summer. Pretty sure even if Arsenal offered more money per year, they would have given him a 3 year deal max. It worked for both sides (or three, incl. Leverkusen), though.
No doubt in my mind that Arsenal wins the league this season if they kept Xhaka.

PREDICTIONS:

Fulham 0 - 3 Man City
Everton 1 - 0 Sheff Utd
West Ham 2 - 1 Luton
Bournemouth 2 - 3 Brentford
Wolves 1 - 2 Crystal Palace
Spurs 3 - 2 Burnley
Newcastle 1 - 0 Brighton
Nottm Forest 0 - 2 Chelsea
Aston Villa 1 - 1 Liverpool

United 1 - 4 Arsenal

Imagine Tottenham winning the league, FA cup and Europa league without losing a single game, next season.

About the equivalent of what Leverkusen are on the verge of doing.

Not quite as mental as Leicester winning the Prem but not far off.

Wouldn’t be surprised if Leverkusen went back to par next season, saying that.

Kane will do a Teddy Sheringham. He left Spurs to join United in 97, to win things. First season he won nothing and the mouthy gunners mocked him. 12 months later he won the treble. Went on to win 3 leagues in a row, and won player of the year, too. Mouthy gunners weren’t as vocal.

Last edited:
@Arqueto @lsa @Chules @BroRogan

fried-chicken-crispu-chicken.gif

If United hire Southgate I won't be watching them at all next season. I've skipped about 30% of this season I reckon.

Literally haven’t heard a single fan not only being for Southgate but massively appalled by even being linked to him.

I still hold out hope it is diversion tactics.

It’s about as retarded as giving it to Gerrard.

I’m thinking ETH position is almost untenable, but would take him over Southgate 100-0.

It’s to the point that I’d write off any chance of success not just in the next 2-3 years but the entire tenure of the new regime.

It’d be like a kindergarten hiring Jimmy Saville as the new headmaster.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back